Would life on Mars be a problem for your religious beliefs?

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
You said it. Offensive. Why is it offensive? Of course you know. Because they are naked. If they wear clothes, then there will be no offense at all. That is why human is different from animal.

I would spend more money for a ticket to see a bunch of animals that "want" to wear clothes every day.
Welcome to my ignore list. You're the first.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evidence is not a proof. So, no proof.

If you found a group of lab animals "want" something, is that an evidence of some hidden facts to be discovered?

So, I WANT to type this.What is the scientific evidence of that?

I'm calling your statement about want being scientific evidence,a poe

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now you just must resist clicking that "View Post" and hope that others don't quote them :)

Isn't that the truth?
MSN-Emoticon-surprise-117.gif

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, I WANT to type this.What is the scientific evidence of that?

I'm calling your statement about want being scientific evidence,a poe

Wanting is expressed by a behavior. A behavior is an evidence (of something).

I think you might not understand what an evidence is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some other planets will what? And why is evolution still wrong?

You didn't answer my point about extremophiles.

Sorry, I am not interested to repeat the whole thing. It was quite long.

Upvote 0

GodActsOnMe

Scientificum Christianus
Aug 6, 2012
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You just keep saying that if we found bacterial life on another planet but no animals, then evolution is wrong.

This doesn't make any sense!

Why not?

If we found bacteria on Mars, but no animals. Then go to the next planet and see what happen. If not, then next.

Get it? I would eventually be right. Don't forget we are talking about an earth-like planet. Do you know what earth-like mean? Do you believe there are some earth-like planet in the universe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AndrewRyan

Aug 15, 2012
✟7,676.00
Faith
Agnostic
Why not?

If we found bacteria on Mars, but no animals. Then go to the next planet and see what happen. If not, then next.

Get it? I would eventually be right. Don't forget we are talking about an earth-like planet. Do you know what earth-like mean? Do you believe there are some earth-like planet in the universe?

Yes, wasn't there one found last year but its so far away we don't have the technology to get there yet?

Upvote 0

GodActsOnMe

Scientificum Christianus
Aug 6, 2012
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why not?

That doesn't disprove evolution in the slightest. Mars is a ridiculous example. Organisms do not evolve simply because something would be advantageous. If there are selective pressures on the reproduction of an organism, then it will evolve. If an organism has no need to evolve, it won't evolve.

Go back to school.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why not?

Of course, there are probably thousands if not millions of planets similar to our own just in our galaxy.

In this thread, and my posts, we're talking about the possibility of life on Mars. Conditions on Mars cannot support animal life or anything like it. Bacterial may be possible or certainly in the past.

Your post doesn't even make sense. Mars is nothing like the Earth so it's a pointless comparison.

'Then go to the next planet and see what happen' - what do you mean?

Please explain your ideas in plain English. You seem to have little understanding about evolution, and science in general, but I'd like to actually understand what you're trying to say.

Upvote 0

stewartyork

Aug 16, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In a word "NO", the discovery of life on Mars would no more present a problem for Bible believing Christians than the discovery of a living dinosaur would for evolutionists.

The Christian would simply point out that the creator of the universe can create life wherever He pleases.

The evolutionist would simply say that not all the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago.

The issue here is one of interpretation/worlview and not one of discovery.

regards SY

Upvote 0