Stones

Feb 13, 2006
Perth
✟759.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the british probably thought the same thing about the colonialists.

This isn't the late 1700's and the US forces aren't across the other side of the world.
As soon as anyone rises up, they will be disarmed, put on busses and shipped to concentration camps...hold on to your guns because it is coming but remember, holding a gun will only get you killed. it wont change anything else...

I think other countries have proved recently that you don't need guns to overthrow a govt...

Upvote 0

Stones

Feb 13, 2006
Perth
✟759.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 4.6; Habakkuk 2.2; Proverbs 29.18

we have taken God out of classroom, school, work place, and replaced him with stuff, and opinion, and wonder why all is coming unraveled.....

It isn't God but religion that has been taken out of all these places and so it should be. Most people are not Christian, so why would Christianity try imposing it's self on everyone?

To suggest that this is the reason things have gone so wrong for America does not make sense to me. Australia has an atheist Prime Minister and is a non Theist country. Our government is also taking the Catholic Church to the cleaners and Australia is prospering in every area possible.

America is in the mess they are because they think it is their god given right to go around blowing up cities and countries like Iraq and then screaming blue murder when a few thousand of there citizens are killed in an attack on capitalism. The hypocrisy must cause God so much fury...

America circling the drain has nothing at all to do with taking religion out of local places and has everything to do with wiping out Iraq and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people "again". God will not tolerate it.

How ironic that Americans and there guns have become their own worst enemies after using their guns on the rest of the world for the past 70yrs...Time is up, Judgment day has arrived, finally America circles the drain, while many of us thank god for it....I love Justice but most of all, I love watching god seek vengeance and bring about Justice. That is what is happening to America. God is seeking vengeance and will get Justice...

Upvote 0

sniperelite7

Jun 13, 2005
✟15,740.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
How ironic that Americans and there guns have become their own worst enemies after using their guns on the rest of the world for the past 70yrs...Time is up, Judgment day has arrived, finally America circles the drain, while many of us thank god for it....I love Justice but most of all, I love watching god seek vengeance and bring about Justice. That is what is happening to America. God is seeking vengeance and will get Justice...

The whole "standing up to the US army" argument is cute, and betrays a complete lack of knowledge about how modern warfare works. See vietnam, an army needs to control ground in order to actually own it. They can't drone it.

Also, drop the God's judgement hoopla. Its like saying He is afflicting the white race because they oppressed the world. Even though the people then are not the people now. Or those whack jobs who believe in generational curses. Problems in the US have rational and logical roots. Good lord your no better than the people who believe everything has gone to heck because we're allowing the gays to marry.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
the british probably thought the same thing about the colonialists.

If you are insinuating that a band of present-day rebels could fend off our modern military à la the Continental Army and the Colonial Militia vs. the British Army, that would be a poor analogy. Yes, the British may have had superior fire power in some areas, but their disadvantages were fighting on foreign soil and far less motivation than the Colonists. Those same disadvantages do not carry over to any potential conflicts arising from within the United States.

If a rag-tag group of NRA members decided to wage war against the U.S. Government, they are due an education if they think their precious assault weapons would actually be able to make a difference against drone strikes, artillery fire and the manpower of the military.

Upvote 0
B

BluhdoftheLamb

I am not sure if I could believe that Jesus was peaceful if he felt the need to carry a device who's sole purpose was to cause harm or his ability to protect me if he felt the need to protect himself with a weapon.
So many believers are insistant on the ability of thier weapons to protect them and I can't help but wonder if Jesus would feel the need for one or if he would simply rely on the power and grace of the Father to protect him from all harm?
Personally, I hope he never woiuld carry a weapon of any kind. I would not want to worship him if he did. In my mind there is nothing peaceful about a device that causes harm and I am confused as to why so many believers think there is?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we quite have the same access to miraculous power He does. I mean if I said "I Am," I don't think 10 - 12 muscle bound soldiers would be knocked over backwards. Plus, there's this:

Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

Quite the implement of destruction there.

Upvote 0
B

BluhdoftheLamb

I have found another church to attend whitch is comprised of people who have also been kicked out of their churches for similar reasons as myself, but it does not feed me spiritually.
Please tell me why my Lord says that love is a sin and why having a device that can end someones life is not?

2 separate issues, and I don't know if you've gotten good answers for either?

To the first, I will not say if you will be fed in an environment like that, if you will find such a good Church like that, or not. I do think Jesus took sinners in, rather than simply rejecting them, and I think a good Church does the same. And as a matter of integrity, I will make no bones about personally thinking SSM is not honoring God, but I will not condemn nor pass judgment on you, or even feign to tell you what you should do. Other than to try to find a good Church :hug:

I personally have never touched a weapon, and hope to never have to. I don't think owning a gun is a sin, but I also question why having one in Church is necessary. Stored in the Pastor's office, I don't have a problem with.

To your second issue, please know that your love is not sin, and also that sex is not love. The Church's position seems to be that homosexuals are called to chastity, which really doesn't prevent love. (Nor does it greatly facilitate it as folks would always like) No easy answers here, but I do have compassion on your difficulty, and point out that sexual immorality is one of the biggest struggles within Christianity, so you're not alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BluhdoftheLamb

If Jesus were a Scotsman then no he would not carry a gun. Because carrying a gun is illegal in Scotland.

We had a shooting here in 1996 when a squirrel-wit shot many young children in a school. After that guns were banned and there have been no more fatal shootings (obviously).

This is false, and the propaganda to US citizens is deplorable. There have also been fatal shootings in Australia since their gun ban. Neither location has more than a tiny fraction of the guns here, and any effort to remove them here would not disarm criminals.

The situations are incomparable

Upvote 0
B

BluhdoftheLamb

How ironic that Americans and there guns have become their own worst enemies after using their guns on the rest of the world for the past 70yrs...Time is up, Judgment day has arrived, finally America circles the drain, while many of us thank god for it

You seem to think the American people actually support our foreign policy? Most people have had no idea what sort of nasty business our Gov't has been up to most of that time. And even when we do we have no option; regardless who runs for office on what sort of campaign, they wind up doing the same nonsense.

Upvote 0