• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Would it be a sin to download games for free that are not free?

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by Jags, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Jags

Jags Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I Found a website that has many games that are paid on steam would it be a sin to download them and play them for free?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. NW82

NW82 Quote scripture or your argument is invalid.

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Unless its freeware or abandonware, i.e. does not have a software license for sale, then what you are suggesting is theft, and in turn a sin.

3. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't know much about Steam or Federal laws on this; but I do know the Bible.

(CLV) Mt 7:12
    All, then, whatever you should be wanting that men should be doing to you, thus you, also, be doing to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

Ask yourself; if you had spent a good chunk of your life, learning how to write games, and then, at long last, finally writing one that people like.

It's now payday for you.

How would you feel if people started finding a way to take all of your hard work, and use it without paying you?

4. lsume

lsume Well-Known Member Supporter

+269
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If it’s stealing then yes. How many people use software they didn’t pay for? How about using Netflix that you didn’t pay for? The Good Lord will Tell you when your sinning. If you don’t listen long enough, you will stop hearing him.

5. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,186
    Christian
    Single
    Pay the money, you'll feel better.

6. jasonMalloy1999

jasonMalloy1999 Well-Known Member

+253
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    pay the money man its stealing also u getting any of the new consoles this year xbox series x im coming for that lol

7. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+498
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    [​IMG]

8. Jags

Jags Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Nah man not into any consoles and don't plan on playing video games in the upcoming yrs lol i did this in the past and just wanted to know if it was a sin to continue this

9. ColoRaydo

ColoRaydo Member

+148
    Lutheran
    Married
    Years ago a coworker gave me a bunch of pirated songs and programs. I put them on my computer. A couple of weeks later my computer fried itself.

Viruses? Maybe.
    God teaching me a lesson? I think so.

I don’t do that anymore because it’s stealing, regardless of who actually stole it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  10. lsume

lsume Well-Known Member Supporter

+269
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Your example of writing code was a good example. I have written a lot code over the years and now I’m retired.