exactly opposite of where I'd rather be
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just thought I'd stop in and share some namea that people are actually naming their chhildren the worst one of all was apparently a little kid who fell out a window and his name was Savior Godhead Mohammed:scratch:
Other really bad baby names now becoming popular are Abcd (pronounced abe city) and Nash (for a girl) what is this world coming to? We were trying to think of Russian saint names for our twins, but couldn't find any that fit with us but I would pick a Russian name over these any day, but are sticking with Andrew and Isabella (middle name will be Catherine, or Kathryn).

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,308,320.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How about Sky Tiger ?

I'm not kidding about that either - it was given in all seriousness to a Charity I used to work with , that provided everything that a mum would need for her wee one if she was destitue .

We nearly dropped the day we got that name - it was apparently for a wee boy . Mum thought it was very original - we tried to dissuade her - but no luck :(

She still got all she needed - though not quite all she asked for ;) well she was rather greedy

He was registered as Sky Tiger after his arrival into this world

Upvote 0

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
exactly opposite of where I'd rather be
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow, sky Tiger? I also know someone who named their kid America and their last name was Green so on the school register it read Green, America and also recently I heard soemone use Hell as a middle name- it was someone's cousin and this girl was so distraught over it.

Upvote 0

irishseventysix

Jude Thaddaeus
May 18, 2006
Portland, OR
Visit site
✟15,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last year, at the supermarket, I head a very disheveled mother yell out to her child, "Courvoisier, stop running!" Courvoisier. The brand of cognac. Of course, she pronounced it "CAR VOSS EEH YAY".

I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I don't like the name "Madison". It seems as though people think that giving kids last names as first names is fashionable. And that they watched "Splash" one too many times. Oh, and I know three women under 25 who have named their daughters "Emma"...ah, the power of a single "Friends" episode. Being something of an aspiring Anglophile, I'm not a fan of the name "Randy", either, because I either think of the British association, or I think of a mulleted guy with acid-washed jeans and Marlboros.

Of course, the names I like for my future children might be met with some odd looks. Except within Orthodoxy.

Upvote 0
K

KATHXOYMENOC

choirfiend said:
How about Misty Rain Fogg? actually the name of someone I know...

Tucker is also a terrible name.

Or my niece, Misty Dawn T______

I think my wife knew a family named "Pop" and they named the kids Soda and Lolly.

My wife's maiden name was Testerman. Her dad's name was Lester, his brother's name was Chester, and his sister's name was Hester. There were about 8 other kids, too, but I don't know their names. I suppose Fester and Jester and Pester were in there somewhere....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wynd

Orthodox Christian
Jun 9, 2006
North Texas
✟9,832.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
irishseventysix said:
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I don't like the name "Madison". It seems as though people think that giving kids last names as first names is fashionable.
I agree with you. Madison, McKenzie, Parker, etc.... ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I knew a family where the kids only had an initial, no name.

I had a student (female) named Alpha Omega [I'm leaving off her last name, don't want her googling herself and finding me posting about her horrible name].

A friend had a student named Superman. Really quiet kid, too.

All of my grandfather's siblings had boy names, even the girls. So I have an aunt Nathan and an aunt Jimmie.

We have a niece whose middle name I can't remember, pronounce, or spell. I asked my mother-in-law (the child's own grandmother) what it was the other day, and she had to find where she had written it on a card in her wallet to tell me. What's the sense in having a name like that?

Upvote 0

Nickolai

Eastern Orthodox Priest
Dec 31, 2003
Bethlehem, PA
Visit site
✟10,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DonVA said:
What about Nevaeh (I read an article about this one recently)?

That's a pretty popular name amoung new age christians. Sonny Sandoval (lead singer of the "christian" band P.O.D.) named his daughter this. If read backwards it spells Heaven.

Upvote 0

DonVA

May 20, 2006
Virginia
Visit site
✟10,207.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nickolai said:
That's a pretty popular name amoung new age christians. Sonny Sandoval (lead singer of the "christian" band P.O.D.) named his daughter this. If read backwards it spells Heaven.
THAT was the article! Thanks for coming up with that!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.