doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
sorry, doofus was sleeping.....what I said was directed towards jitan....what I was speaking about had to do with recognizing the Holy spirit......personally I used to sing and raise my arms in worship, but anymore the spirit has me stand with my eyes closed and I see Jesus with his arms wide open reaching for me......but Jitan was saying that the Holy Spirt doesn't do any of that and alot of other things.....What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks Ibiagm, Oneric, and Doofus. I think I understand what you were talking about.

Personally I'm not sure if Jitan is saved or not. His comments about the Holy Spirit could have come from me simply because I know I can't understand how some people are so moved by the Holy Spirit. However, I do know some are, and I think that's wonderful. In fact, when I was Jitan's age I probably would have sounded just like him.

Enslow

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
I think Jitan may be right to a point. I'm not convinced that Holy Spirit makes people do all those things. Rather, I think it's one's natural response to something wonderful.

If the Holy Spirit makes one cry, then I should be crying too. If the Holy Spirit makes one sing and dance, then I should sing and dance too. I know the Holy Spirit could make me do any or all of those things, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, the Holy Spirit could be making some people do those things, just not me.

Help! My brain is getting tired trying to work all this out! I think I'll just ask God one day.

Enslow

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
not to offend anyone, but I also believe that alot of people ignore the holy spirt or just kinda push it to the back burner.....I have a friend like that, there are times he just blows it off just so he doesn't cry in front of anyone and ruin his tough guy image..... he's admited that he knows that he has just ignored the urge or pushing to sit down and cry during worship.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
When I first became a believer my pastor said that there would be times that God would reveal past sins to me wanting me to repent so He could forgive me. I remember the first time this happened. I was just so amazed that God would forgive me of this terrible thing I had done (which I can't even remember what it was now, I love the way God works) that I broke down in tears. It's happened many times now but I'll never forget that first time. I felt The Holy Spirit building up inside me so strongly. I wish I felt that way every moment of the day.

Upvote 0

yajyu

Sep 21, 2003
Oregon
Visit site
✟346.00
Faith
Non-Denom
enslow said:
I think Jitan may be right to a point. I'm not convinced that Holy Spirit makes people do all those things. Rather, I think it's one's natural response to something wonderful.

If the Holy Spirit makes one cry, then I should be crying too. If the Holy Spirit makes one sing and dance, then I should sing and dance too. I know the Holy Spirit could make me do any or all of those things, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, the Holy Spirit could be making some people do those things, just not me.

Help! My brain is getting tired trying to work all this out! I think I'll just ask God one day.

Enslow
For someone who needs help, you sound like you understand it better then most. But sometimes it is the spirit that cries through us.

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.