Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CONSUMING PASSION

Read: Psalm 69

Key Verse: “For zeal for Your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult You fall on me.” - Psalm 69:9

This verse is repeated in John 2:17, describing Jesus as he made a whip out of cords and drove the corruption out of the temple. Spiritual zeal is a consuming passion to serve and honor God. Many people settle for complacency because of pride, lazin...ess, hidden sins, and there is less persecution if you are lukewarm.

Zeal comes from a tremendous sense of gratitude and an awareness that God is worthy of our greatest passion. It is birthed in love and willing to sacrifice for a greater good. Removing injustice, fervency in prayer, spreading the gospel boldly, and a pure devotion to God are usually very evident. Passion for God can accomplish more in one week than years of half-hearted following. Do not put out the Holy Spirit’s fire.

Taken from Activate devotional.

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holy Spirit.

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Galatians 5:16 (NLT)

TODAY'S THOUGHT We can let a lot of things guide our life. Desires, intuition, pride, lust, materialism and what Paul calls our "sinful desire." He wrote in this same passage, "The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants." Paul shares that the w...ay we can resist living a life following our evil desires is to belong to Christ and then nail our passions and desires of our sinful nature to the cross that Christ died on. Christ wants us to die to our own passions and then let Him resurrect us to new passions led by His Holy Spirit. Today, follow what Paul finishes his thoughts with, "Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives."

TODAY'S PRAYER Dear Holy Spirit, I surrender to You. Today, I choose to die to my own passions and follow Your leading in every part of my life. AMEN

Taken from Ronald Ovitt's devotional "Moment in the Word"

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
995308_778334882181070_1948134694_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.