Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
There seem to be some here who get angry when we say "word of God" and we refer it to scripture (<--yes I know another word people get angst about when used for the whole bible instead of the old testament) but I just wanted to show you two scriptures: one that says that the word is Christ and the other that Christ tells us that the "word of God" is heard.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​

Luke 8: 11-15
The seed is the word of God. The ones along the path are those who have heard. Then the devil comes and take away the word from their hearts, so that ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature. As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.
These verses in Luke are attached to Luke 8:4-9, so I encourage you to read the whole thing. And be aware, this is Christ speaking. :)

My only hope with this thread is that when we use the phrase "word of God" and we refer it to the bible, people won't think we are some how spreading a false doctrine that is not biblical.

Last edited:

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
As for 1 Corinthians 7:12, if you continue reading, Paul specifically tells us "I, not the Lord", he is making that distinction that it is his advice. There is one other place in scripture that Paul tells us that it is his advice, which is 1 Corinthians 7:25, he follows it as saying "I have no command from the Lord, but I give my judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy" and if you realize, he says nothing about not doing these things or doing these as sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.