✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
^_^
That may have been what femanism once was, but it certainly isn't modern femanism. Modern Femanism is all about being pro-abortion and other parts of the Democrat platform (seriously if they weren't they would have been going ballistic over Clinton's sex scandals instead of bashing the women).

It's about female supremacy and misandry now.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can appreciate that, but it's what the movement has become.

Gloria Steinem: a liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after.

That's NOT feminism. I don't even know what to call it.

A woman doing what she wants without anyone telling her how to run her life?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That may have been what femanism once was, but it certainly isn't modern femanism. Modern Femanism is all about being pro-abortion and other parts of the Democrat platform (seriously if they weren't they would have been going ballistic over Clinton's sex scandals instead of bashing the women).

Or it's a platform that stands on the principle you as a man are no longer a significant factor of control within a woman's life and her decisions concerning herself and her person, as it had been for all of history it seems.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absotively. I happen to believe that a mother's place is with her children, period. There is no job, no career, nothing whatsoever in the entire universe, that takes precedence over the precious job of being a mother. I think that women who value "doing it all", holding a career and being a mother, are missing out. Those kids will grow up in the blink of an eye. You have a small and precious window in which to immerse yourself in the beauty and awe and miracle of your children being young. Embrace it fully, for before you know it, it will be over, and you can never, ever get it back. I'm not knocking those who HAVE to work, like single mothers who have no choice. But for those who have a choice, and don't choose their children 100%... it makes me sad. And I'm not insulting or dissing working mothers, I just feel that they're missing out on so much. And for those women who feel that having children isn't their cup of tea, and decide to pursue careers whole-heartedly, I say "Go for it!" My only grievance is with a woman who has children, and chooses to work. Your child is so much more important than any career ladder.

So basically you're saying you don't think mothers should be doctors, lawyers, etc.

This idea that a mother can't be a successful professional AND the best caring nurturing parent possible does not bode well; a mother who devotes nine hours of the day earning a living for her family to give them the advantages and resources the mother may never have had growing up, so her children's lives are better, is exactly what a perfectly loving and caring mother would do.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mpok1519 said:
So basically you're saying you don't think mothers should be doctors, lawyers, etc.
Umm nope she didn't say anything even close to that actually...
I honestly don't even see how you twisted her words that much to mean that. She's saying she thinks mothers should spend as much time as possible with their kids while their young because they won't get that time back. Nowhere did she say she thinks mothers shouldn't hold any particular job positions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly don't even see how you twisted her words that much to mean that. She's saying she thinks mothers should spend as much time as possible with their kids while their young because they won't get that time back. Nowhere did she say she thinks mothers shouldn't hold any particular job positions.

So how does a young mother put herself through law school, pass the bar, open a law office if the majority of her day is spent at home with the kids? It's no lie that a woman must balance home life with her career, and in order to achieve her career goals, sacrificing a large time away from the kids is necessary.

From what was said, I gathered that if it meant either a successful career, or more time with the kids, a woman should choose more time with the kids over devoting time toward the demands of her professional goals.

"....a mother's place is with her children. Period." To me that says a mother's "place" is no where else.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or no morals...but it's the same to some feminists right?

You think a woman must follow your, a man's, rigid definition of morality when you don't know what it's like to be a woman?

News flash; just because someone is a woman doesn't mean she shares your particular brand of morality. And she doesn't deserved to be bashed by a man or anyone else for being the independent and sole determining factor of her life's journey.

For example, A woman wants to artificially inseminate to have a child because she isn't into guys? That's great. She should be respected and applauded for taking the steps she wants to achieve what she wants, in this case, motherhood. And she deserves not to be looked down upon because of that by anyone.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

And what if the man is the one that wishes to stay home in that role, or it's a single mother?

Yup, let's just go back in time about 150 years or so

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Absotively. I happen to believe that a mother's place is with her children, period. There is no job, no career, nothing whatsoever in the entire universe, that takes precedence over the precious job of being a mother. I think that women who value "doing it all", holding a career and being a mother, are missing out. Those kids will grow up in the blink of an eye. You have a small and precious window in which to immerse yourself in the beauty and awe and miracle of your children being young. Embrace it fully, for before you know it, it will be over, and you can never, ever get it back. I'm not knocking those who HAVE to work, like single mothers who have no choice. But for those who have a choice, and don't choose their children 100%... it makes me sad. And I'm not insulting or dissing working mothers, I just feel that they're missing out on so much. And for those women who feel that having children isn't their cup of tea, and decide to pursue careers whole-heartedly, I say "Go for it!" My only grievance is with a woman who has children, and chooses to work. Your child is so much more important than any career ladder.

Have to kind of agree with ya there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think much of the opposition to feminism is based on caricatures of feminism rather than the truth of it.

Authentic feminism is not about misandry, entitlement, superiority, lesbianism, atheism, militance, or shedding your femininity. At its core feminism is about egalitarianism. By definition it's "the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." It's not gender-exclusive, and many confident, intelligent men who value women and respect them as equal adults are feminists. My boyfriend is a feminist who wants me to fulfill my potential and pursue my ambitions with the same gusto as he does. I want to create a meaningful career as well as a family, just as my mom and my grandmothers have thrived with both, but there are feminists who choose to be stay-at-home mothers. The key word is choose. Feminism should be about enabling women to create and make choices for themselves. We should be able to earn places in colleges, in professional schools, and in careers based on gender-neutral meritocracy. It's not about demanding anything to be handed to you, but on you being able to go after it. To me society as a whole benefits from authentic feminism because it encourages more women to contribute their intelligence, skills, productivity, and talents, as well as their taxes.

I go to the oldest school for girls in Southern California, and at the time it was established in the 1800s girls had few choices but to replicate their mother's life when they became women. Back then women lacked the ability to vote, to attend many of the colleges and universities that used to be males-only, and faced far more obstacles in their path for building careers for themselves. My school originally educated society girls, and now it educates girls to become leaders in society. I am a #YoungWomanForFeminism.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I think much of the opposition to feminism is based on caricatures of feminism rather than the truth of it.

Authentic feminism is not about misandry, entitlement, superiority, lesbianism, atheism, militance, or shedding your femininity. At its core feminism is about egalitarianism. By definition it's "the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." It's not gender-exclusive, and many confident, intelligent men who value women and respect them as equal adults are feminists. My boyfriend is a feminist who wants me to fulfill my potential and pursue my ambitions with the same gusto as he does. I want to create a meaningful career as well as a family, just as my mom and my grandmothers have thrived with both, but there are feminists who choose to be stay-at-home mothers. The key word is choose. Feminism should be about enabling women to create and make choices for themselves. We should be able to earn places in colleges, in professional schools, and in careers based on gender-neutral meritocracy. It's not about demanding anything to be handed to you, but on you being able to go after it. To me society as a whole benefits from authentic feminism because it encourages more women to contribute their intelligence, skills, productivity, and talents, as well as their taxes.

I go to the oldest school for girls in Southern California, and at the time it was established in the 1800s girls had few choices but to replicate their mother's life when they became women. Back then women lacked the ability to vote, to attend many of the colleges and universities that used to be males-only, and faced far more obstacles in their path for building careers for themselves. My school originally educated society girls, and now it educates girls to become leaders in society. I am a #YoungWomanForFeminism.

Bravo kiddo! :)

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

More like they are basing their opposition to feminism on the actual effects of feminism on society at large.

They see good fathers split from their children because the feminist "tender years" doctrine because "all things being equal women make better parents than fathers".

They see men abused and beaten by women but who refuse to report it because of feminist ideologies like, "primary aggressor" and the Duluth model. They would rather take the abuse then go to jail.

They see young men being told they need to be taught not to rape because just being a male means you have rapist tendencies at default.

So no, these women aren't against feminism because of any kind of caricatures, they are against feminism because of the reality of how it effects and shapes society.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
More like they are basing their opposition to feminism on the actual effects of feminism on society at large.

They see good fathers split from their children because the feminist "tender years" doctrine because "all things being equal women make better parents than fathers".

They see men abused and beaten by women but who refuse to report it because of feminist ideologies like, "primary aggressor" and the Duluth model. They would rather take the abuse then go to jail.

They see young men being told they need to be taught not to rape because just being a male means you have rapist tendencies at default.

So no, these women aren't against feminism because of any kind of caricatures, they are against feminism because of the reality of how it effects and shapes society.

Uh-huh. :|

That's not feminism as opposed to militancy and nonsensical militancy at that.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Uh-huh. :|

That's not feminism as opposed to militancy and nonsensical militancy at that.

I see, so laws and doctrines that feminist fought to have put in place ISN'T feminism.

Try again.

Upvote 0