Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I heard somewhat that Non-denominational churches are more likely to ordain women into the ministry as opposed to Southern Baptists, who prohibit women from holding ordained positions.

What has been your experience as a member of an on-denominational Christian? Does your church have or allow women pastors?

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been affiliated with several non denoms for years and non of those ordained women. I do know of some that have but I'm not a part of those. The main one never will. A few denominations do though. I think Episcopal may have been among the first to do so. I'm in a Baptist church now and they do not.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I've been affiliated with several non denoms for years and non of those ordained women. I do know of some that have but I'm not a part of those. The main one never will. A few denominations do though. I think Episcopal may have been among the first to do so. I'm in a Baptist church now and they do not.
Fun fact: The first woman to be ordained in the United States was Antoinette Brown Blackwell in a Congregational church in 1853.

Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I heard somewhat that Non-denominational churches are more likely to ordain women into the ministry as opposed to Southern Baptists, who prohibit women from holding ordained positions.

What has been your experience as a member of an on-denominational Christian? Does your church have or allow women pastors?
Historically, all of the non-denominational churches I have attended do not allow them and actively preach against them. There is a church in my area who has a woman "executive pastor" who takes care of one of the church's campuses, but she does not preach or teach men on the campus. She's just a glorified resource manager.

Upvote 0

rachelrising

Mar 13, 2005
✟1,662.00
Faith
Christian
I attend an Anglican church right now and have experienced it having female and male rectors. For me I have felt that females have been more humble in that church. Whether that applies more generally I couldn't say, but that is what I observed.

Also, I have experienced other churches and found that a female leader was even more outspoken than their male partner.

I have also seen some males who have been humble as well and some who are very dominant in approach.

Upvote 0