Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mere survival is not much of a goal, though. While Clinton was in office, the local economy here was seriously depressed and it would be even more so under Obama's plan. This worries me for my family.

Keep in mind, too, that Clinton's admin. was prior to 9-11 and I fear that numerous factions have been loading up for the opportunity to attack the US again. Given the dangerous naivete of Obama, it's highly probable that he'd not only hold the door open for these folks, but he'd also fund their whole operation with taxpayer money. :doh:

Obama is much more troublesome than Clinton ever could have been for a whole host of very frightening reasons. God help us!
nice points and I totally agree

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't actually know that tho. (I hope you're right.... but....)

Even nonChristians have been noticing how different this election is from all others - and what's at stake here this time.

Every election everybody claims there's a lot at stake. Much of that talk is campaign rhetoric to get people fired up.

Obama is much more troublesome than Clinton ever could have been for a whole host of very frightening reasons. God help us!

Porterross, don't let your heart be troubled.

I can assure you that the world will not end if Obama were to be elected. Thank goodness it's not FDR or Lyndon Johnson running or I think many of us would have fallen over from fright months ago since they were big government presidents. :D

In other words, this would not have been the first time. Life will go on.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every election everybody claims there's a lot at stake. Much of that talk is campaign rhetoric to get people fired up.
It's probly TRUE that each one is vital - look what happened to this nation thru Clinton's reign.
PC hit the nation and liberalism grew exponentially. Nevermind the immorality - where we now have kids participating in foreplay {in schools & school buses no less} while not considering it "sex".

Lots happened under Clinton. & it's harmed the USA ever since.
(how about partial birth abortion that he COULD have veto'd?)

Porterross, don't let your heart be troubled.

I can assure you that the world will not end if Obama were to be elected.
We didn't say it would "end" did we?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's probly TRUE that each one is vital - look what happened to this nation thru Clinton's reign.
PC hit the nation and liberalism grew exponentially.

Political correctness predates Clinton and so does liberalism. Clinton was actually nearly moderate. In fact, the left in the Democratic party became extremely angry because of how Clinton ruled from the middle. Much like how many conservatives are upset with the Republican party now.

Lots happened under Clinton. & it's harmed the USA ever since.
(how about partial birth abortion that he COULD have veto'd?)
I agree, but Bush whom I voted for twice has also done harm to the country too with excessive spending. It will take decades to pay it off.

We didn't say it would "end" did we?

:scratch:
You certainly hinted this could be part of the process in a previous post:
This country is also in serious economical crisis (for many reasons) -
and it's global. This actually may not 'fix itself' but lead to the collapses many eschatologists believe have to occur prior to Christ's 2nd coming. (I also don't know where America is in prophecy)?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you are underestimating Obama's ties and where his money is. He's a politician so money will be his game and if his money is coming from other countries who hate America... Must I say more?
and wasn't he the one standing there w/ Oprah, talking about how he wouldn't lower himself to negative campaigning??
ROFL
Another 180 he's done - you cannot trust this man

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you must bow to the altar of Obama, the anointed One... **where's the rolls eyes emoticon**
indifferent0025.gif

lol

you are getting VERYYYYYYYYYYYY SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY

:hypno: :bigeye:

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Though I do find it interesting when you read the OT about when a Nation is under judgment that has turned their back against God.

One of the major things was: "you're enemies will destroy you from the inside out" [major paraphrasing].

BAH OPRAH! She deceived so many mindless sheep... So sad.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though I do find it interesting when you read the OT about when a Nation is under judgment that has turned their back against God.

One of the major things was: "you're enemies will destroy you from the inside out" [major paraphrasing].

You mean like when the Assyrians conquered Israel or when Babylon defeated Judah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know specifics but God specifically spoke to Israel about what He would do if they turned their back on Him. Then we can derive what God will do to a nation under judgment, I'll have to look it up if you need my reference from the Bible, I fairly recently studied it.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In this case, Americans are their own worst enemies. Only they LOVE the destruction (if it means liberalism & anti Christianity)....

I've seen sermons given with comparisons of Rome's fall to the American empire crumbling the same way and in the same order of decay.

I found a list of his comparisons from his show on a blog:
-----------------------------------

1. Rome began as a republic and so did we.
2. Then both Rome and America became a nation among nations.
3. Then both became empires.
4. Both then became the most powerful nation on earth.
5. Both occupied the Middle East.
6. Both Roman and American currencies became universal around the world.
7. Both became the leading voices in the world to whom everyone looked to make decisions.
8. Both had strong leaders.
9. Both had a Capitol Hill.
10. Both had a Senate.
11. Both had a flag.
12. Both peoples pledged allegiance to the flag.
13. Both built sports stadiums.
14. Both enjoyed watches races, whether chariots or NASCAR.
15. Both became obsessed with luxuries
16. Both allowed homosexuality.
17. Both allowed abortions.
18. As their empire grew, the Romans overtaxed the rich, and there are those who want us to do that.
19. Rome invented the welfare state, and now the United States has one, too.
20. Rome went into decline when it tried to control three areas of the world, and the United States now is in Afghanistan and Iraq and may soon invade Iran.

Well, that's enough. You get the idea. We're headed toward Rome's fate unless we turn back to Jesus.

After the commercial break, Stone segued into comparing the United States to Sodom and Gomorrah. He claimed to have seen a full copy of the Old Testament Book of Jasher, which was thought lost and is only mentioned a couple of times in the Bible. Apparently the problem with Sodom and Gomorrah was that they had judges who allowed homosexuality in the streets, "like some cities in America." When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot fled to the city of Zohar, where they had neither judges nor homosexuality.

*I'd only add the some of them are not a big deal - like watching sports
;)

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we want to retake this country then we must remember what our wonderful God has spoken:

2 Chronicles
13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

I don't know exactly why... but this piece of scripture stirs my spirit specifically. I just love my God!!! :bow:

That is an excellent verse!:amen:

I have been spending extra time praying for our nation and our leaders, asking God to have mercy on and to send us godly leaders.

While I am concerned about what will happen given an Obama admin and dem's in control of Congress I refuse to worry. God is in control, He has a plan, and all authority comes from Him. I rest in Him, otherwise my hair would fall out.

I am reminded of this passage, especially verses 17 and 18:

NASB
Dan 3:15 "Now if you are ready, at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery and bagpipe and all kinds of music, to fall down and worship the image that I have made, very well. But if you do not worship, you will immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire; and what god is there who can deliver you out of my hands?"
Dan 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter.
Dan 3:17 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.
Dan 3:18 "But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."

BTW, my wife and I voted last night, mailing off our ballots today. :)

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
In this case, Americans are their own worst enemies. Only they LOVE the destruction (if it means liberalism & anti Christianity)....

I've seen sermons given with comparisons of Rome's fall to the American empire crumbling the same way and in the same order of decay.

I found a list of his comparisons from his show on a blog:
-----------------------------------

1. Rome began as a republic and so did we.
2. Then both Rome and America became a nation among nations.
3. Then both became empires.
4. Both then became the most powerful nation on earth.
5. Both occupied the Middle East.
6. Both Roman and American currencies became universal around the world.
7. Both became the leading voices in the world to whom everyone looked to make decisions.
8. Both had strong leaders.
9. Both had a Capitol Hill.
10. Both had a Senate.
11. Both had a flag.
12. Both peoples pledged allegiance to the flag.
13. Both built sports stadiums.
14. Both enjoyed watches races, whether chariots or NASCAR.
15. Both became obsessed with luxuries
16. Both allowed homosexuality.
17. Both allowed abortions.
18. As their empire grew, the Romans overtaxed the rich, and there are those who want us to do that.
19. Rome invented the welfare state, and now the United States has one, too.
20. Rome went into decline when it tried to control three areas of the world, and the United States now is in Afghanistan and Iraq and may soon invade Iran.

Well, that's enough. You get the idea. We're headed toward Rome's fate unless we turn back to Jesus.

After the commercial break, Stone segued into comparing the United States to Sodom and Gomorrah. He claimed to have seen a full copy of the Old Testament Book of Jasher, which was thought lost and is only mentioned a couple of times in the Bible. Apparently the problem with Sodom and Gomorrah was that they had judges who allowed homosexuality in the streets, "like some cities in America." When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot fled to the city of Zohar, where they had neither judges nor homosexuality.

*I'd only add the some of them are not a big deal - like watching sports
;)

I'll have to find my reference, we are following very closely to OT Israel than anything.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mere survival is not much of a goal, though. While Clinton was in office, the local economy here was seriously depressed and it would be even more so under Obama's plan. This worries me for my family.

Keep in mind, too, that Clinton's admin. was prior to 9-11 and I fear that numerous factions have been loading up for the opportunity to attack the US again. Given the dangerous naivete of Obama, it's highly probable that he'd not only hold the door open for these folks, but he'd also fund their whole operation with taxpayer money. :doh:

I could not agree more. And in the spirit of name it and claim it the action of faith is to vote what you know to be right. There is nothing dead about this. And when Moses what complaining about how terrible every thing was God said "What are you complaining about? What is that in your hand? Raise your staff! Step forward!". And this situation, or any other, is much like that. No matter what it looks like we step forward in faith knowing that God will make a way where none exists. What we see in this world is not all there is, it is just the part we can see.

Lord Jesus open our eyes that we may see things as they truly are and not just what satan puts before us.

In Jesus name Amen.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know specifics but God specifically spoke to Israel about what He would do if they turned their back on Him. Then we can derive what God will do to a nation under judgment, I'll have to look it up if you need my reference from the Bible, I fairly recently studied it.
How about this.

"They did not destroy the peoples, As the Lord commanded them, But they mingled with the nations And learned their practices, And served their idols, Which became a snare to them. They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons, And shed innocent blood, The blood of their sons and their daughters, Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; And the land was polluted with the blood. Thus they became unclean in their practices, And played the harlot in their deeds. Therefore the anger of the Lord was kindled against His people And He abhorred His inheritance. Then He gave them into the hand of the nations, And those who hated them ruled over them. Their enemies also oppressed them, And they were subdued under their power." (Psalm 106:34-42, NASB95)

Upvote 0

joyinhislife

Jan 8, 2008
✟15,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do agree. There is something about Obama that sets my teeth on edge, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and makes my hair curl. He is not the man for the job, period, end of report. But, with much more hair-curling and teeth-setting, we could have free makeovers ^_^ [had to find SOMEthing to laugh about with all of this].
Seriously, though, I think we do need to be skinning our knees before the Lord of hosts and asking for His Mercy upon this country. We need to be pleading before God for the healing of our land, and thanking Him for what He is going to do. Amen?

Upvote 0