Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I have a really bad feeling about Obama.

1. Media loves him
2. Any time you see ANYthing with Obama and McCain guess who's first? Obama's name. Or in pictures Obamas will be on top or first next to McCain.
3. Voting

What is this early voting thing? I get phone calls asking me if I want to vote early and they ALWAYS ALWAYS mention Obama. I thought when getting ANY government info on voting they should be unbiased nor should they mention either candidates except for which check box to choose from.

Never heard of this before... something doesn't seem right about it, especially since all the phone calls have involved Obama some how. Maybe I'm confused about this?

The other thing is, I was reading an article about voting early and you'd think the article would be unbiased right? No, it talked about how all the young voters at this college and if you look up the college its a predominately black college and its saying how they are all excited about having a first black president. Its not that I'm racist but of course I'd be excited too if I were in their shoes. But the article was about voting early? It covered how all the "young" voters, which they left out that they were predominately back, were mostly voting early for Obama. They barely said a thing about McCain.......

4. Obama's mysterious money... Coming from outside sources out of the US

Read about it... somethings just not right.

5. Charisma

If you watch the debates the ONLY plan Obama has is his tax plan, everything else he talks philosophy and never spells out exactly what he'll do. Half the stuff he says he's for he has voted against... most of his votes as a senator have been present.

And yet people love him... just because someone talks well, doesn't mean they will do well. I can talk feel good messages too, but it doesn't mean a thing if I don't follow through.

6. The fact that the media has not done a background check on Biden. They did an extensive one on Palin but NOTHING on Biden... again theres something not right about this...

7. The fact no one is seeing this and calling it out.

I really have a bad feeling about this.

Obama is going to win... through fraud and by misleading foolish Americans. And its sad no one is seeing all of this. It blows me away. I'm not the only one around my area talking like this.

Something is not right.

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The early voting thing is interesting. Obama's campaign has mounted a significant effort to get people to vote early. I have seen literally nothing from McCain on this but Obama's people are putting a lot of effort into it.

At first this struck me as a little odd because I'd never seen it before, but I was thinking about it last night and I think I may have figured out why they are doing it.

In the last couple elections, the democrats were confident of victory and ended up losing largely because the young college age voters didn't turn out in the numbers that were expected.

Young voters are overwhelmingly democrat supporters, BUT in the past they have been very unreliable because they aren't responsible (by and large) and they get distracted and act on whims etc. So if something else is going on, or if the weather is bad, or if they forget, or if they just feel lazy.. they don't vote.

Especially Kerry vs. Bush jr. the Dems thought they had the election won, only to lose at the last because of heavy Republican turn out in Ohio, and low young voter turn out.

I think the reason Obama's campaign is pushing early voting is precisely for this reason. They want to make sure they maximize the turn out of voters who are overwhelmingly democrat, but are also the most unlikely to not vote on election day because of trivial reasons and irresponsability.

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also if there is overwhelming democratic early votes showing a huge margin - they can use that to demoralise people into believing their vote is not needed or will be wasted on McCain

Remember it happened with Kerry and Gore - and the media was claiming it was over and they were dead wrong and so were the polls.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

1. Media loves him
2. Any time you see ANYthing with Obama and McCain guess who's first? Obama's name. Or in pictures Obamas will be on top or first next to McCain.
3. Voting

What is this early voting thing? I get phone calls asking me if I want to vote early and they ALWAYS ALWAYS mention Obama. I thought when getting ANY government info on voting they should be unbiased nor should they mention either candidates except for which check box to choose from.

Never heard of this before... something doesn't seem right about it, especially since all the phone calls have involved Obama some how. Maybe I'm confused about this?

The other thing is, I was reading an article about voting early and you'd think the article would be unbiased right? No, it talked about how all the young voters at this college and if you look up the college its a predominately black college and its saying how they are all excited about having a first black president. Its not that I'm racist but of course I'd be excited too if I were in their shoes. But the article was about voting early? It covered how all the "young" voters, which they left out that they were predominately back, were mostly voting early for Obama. They barely said a thing about McCain.......

Read about it... somethings just not right.

5. Charisma

If you watch the debates the ONLY plan Obama has is his tax plan, everything else he talks philosophy and never spells out exactly what he'll do. Half the stuff he says he's for he has voted against... most of his votes as a senator have been present.

And yet people love him... just because someone talks well, doesn't mean they will do well. I can talk feel good messages too, but it doesn't mean a thing if I don't follow through.

6. The fact that the media has not done a background check on Biden. They did an extensive one on Palin but NOTHING on Biden... again theres something not right about this...

Obama is going to win... through fraud and by misleading foolish Americans. And its sad no one is seeing all of this. It blows me away. I'm not the only one around my area talking like this.

Something is not right.
Here's a fact: You don't KNOW if BO's going to win - why speak it as if it's fact yet?

at this rate, I'm about ready to go over to the name it/claim it forums for some positive input and hope

I'd pity the US military if it looked at it's enemy and cried out that it's over before they even started!!
This is God's army?

I'm baffled by the defeatism to darkness?

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If obama was really all that and a bag of chips - shouldnt he be way more ahead considering the vast amount of endless money he has and all the gleaming biased media coverage he gets? He still cant close the deal.

This wont be over till election day and might not even be over then.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's a fact: You don't KNOW if BO's going to win - why speak it as if it's fact yet?

at this rate, I'm about ready to go over to the name it/claim it forums for some positive input and hope

I'd pity the US military if it looked at it's enemy and cried out that it's over before they even started!!
This is God's army?

Okay, Nadiine. Why should someone vote for four more years of Republican ideals when the last eight years of Republican ideals have put us on the verge of a recession, into two wars it's unlikely will have anything positive come out of, and gas prices through the roof? I think the feeling is: 'we've seen what the Republicans can do. There's no way the Democrats are going to be any worse.' And as for the U.S. military, imagine the kind of military we could have if abortion weren't legal. But as I showed earlier, McCain isn't going to do anything to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is God's army?

Name it and claim it! I really like that Ms. Nadine. So in the name of Jesus I claim this country for Christ. And in Christs name I claim this election to be what He wants it to be according to His will. Now my desire is for Mr. McCain to become our nations leader and I believe that the Lord supports this for many reasons, the foremost being that Mr. Obama is lying when he claims Christ as his leader. How can I think that? Mr. Obama has said that the bible is has nothing good in it that can ever help lead any government or any persons life. Since he has said that I know he can't be following Jesus who taught from the book Obama says isn't beneficial for any public or personal purpose. With that said I claim this election for Mr. McCain in the name of Jesus and for His glory Amen.

Sealacamp

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe most poll results for one second. A lot of them are weighted with more Dems than Repubs contributing to the results. I still havn't figured out how that's an accurate poll.

I think we're going to see a different result than most main stream media and polls predict at this time when the votes are actually counted. Even ACORN fraud can't stop a McCain/Palin win. And I hope there will be prosecutions of ACORN and everyone affilliated with them after the election is over.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
His values are the values of this world. We all know him because we know what this world values.

1. Media loves him
If it is not readily apparent to a person that the media, save talk radio and the more centre-right Fox News, have an extreme left-wing agenda by now, it never will be apparent to that person.

He is the One.

3. Voting
Interesting. It is rather totalitarian in effect if governmental and quasi governmental institutions are so openly biased to any one side. It makes the elction process into a shame.
It is democracy in the mode of Singapore if this is what is happening.

It is your experience. That is anecdotal evidence, but interesting all the same.

The other thing is, I was reading an article about voting early and you'd think the article would be unbiased right? No, it talked about how all the young voters at this college and if you look up the college its a predominately black college and its saying how they are all excited about having a first black president. Its not that I'm racist but of course I'd be excited too if I were in their shoes. But the article was about voting early? It covered how all the "young" voters, which they left out that they were predominately back, were mostly voting early for Obama. They barely said a thing about McCain......

Media, Hollywood, universities, and professional organisatons such as those involved in law are all left wing. This was apparent before the election so it should not be surprising that an article reflects that bias.
Biden gives an interesting angle on this when he says that America's enemies will 'test' the young inexperienced president. It is not surprising that America's enemies from without will want to take advantage of a young, inexperienced president whose values are of a world citizen rather than an American patriot. Bush proved not to be so easy. But how can Obama do anything substantial in response now that he has been elected on a 'talk but do nothing like Bush did' platform?
He has already shown his cards before he has even sat down at the table.
America is in for a real lame duck presidency on the world stage for the next four years if the polls are correct.

5. Charisma

It doesn't really matter what Obama says. His values are that of an opportunist. He is a party man and will sign what Reid and Pelosi ask him to sign.

Reagan was a real commuicater too, but he communicated firm values.
Obama has no values of his own. He is a mirror. His eloquence is in reflecting the values of the other back so that whoever he is speaking to thinks that they are agreeing.

6. The fact that the media has not done a background check on Biden. They did an extensive one on Palin but NOTHING on Biden... again there's something not right about this...
The media has fully reneged on their duty to inform the public. It is unfortunate that a private media has become an arm of the Democratic campaign and now has all the objectivity of a Pravda.
This has been the trend of the media for the past generation and a half. The tendency has come in full bloom this election season.

The universiites and schools have done their job well. Propaganda has been extremely effective in creating an enviroment of mass group-think.

Win or lose for Obama, America is going to swing far left this election.

Reactions: LogosRhema
Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I always vote early. It's much more convenient and less chaotic.

As for polling phone calls, there were two messages on my recorder today; one blank and one, a portion of an automated voting poll. Instinctively, I assumed it was someone wanting to canvass for the Dems, which is a complete waste of time in Texas, but I'll let them spend as much money as their willing to waste chasing me down. I'll be darned if I'm going to give them any info, though. I guess that means I fit the stereotypical conservative mold, huh. :D

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Okay, Nadiine. Why should someone vote for four more years of Republican ideals when the last eight years of Republican ideals have put us on the verge of a recession, into two wars it's unlikely will have anything positive come out of, and gas prices through the roof? I think the feeling is: 'we've seen what the Republicans can do. There's no way the Democrats are going to be any worse.' And as for the U.S. military, imagine the kind of military we could have if abortion weren't legal. But as I showed earlier, McCain isn't going to do anything to overturn Roe v. Wade.

One, the surge has worked in spite of all the defeatism and heavy handed attempts by the world's media to defeat the American military through slanted and inflammatory reporting.
Not just the world media, but the reporting and leaking of documents by American media such as the NYT was treasonous in effect if not in law.

Two, say what you will about Bush. No attack has occurred on American soils since 9/11. America's enemies have gotten a clear message that there will be a price to pay.

Three, oil prices are a factor of the open market and have little to do with government, save for government's prohibitive legislation which makes finding new sources and new refining sources unprofitably expensive.

Four, Bush's domestic overspending has a much to do with a Democratic congress than it does with the values that conservatives adhere to.

Five, however effective McCain appointments to the Supreme Court may or may not be in terms of slowly turning the tide against abortion, the only value that Obama has ever stuck his neck out for was to make abortion more absolutely available and firmly entrenched than it ever has been. It is laughable and absurd to the extreme to hear anyone who call them pro-life actually contemplating voting for Obama if the abortion issue had even an iota of worth to them.

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Name it and claim it! I really like that Ms. Nadine. So in the name of Jesus I claim this country for Christ. And in Christs name I claim this election to be what He wants it to be according to His will. Now my desire is for Mr. McCain to become our nations leader and I believe that the Lord supports this for many reasons, the foremost being that Mr. Obama is lying when he claims Christ as his leader. How can I think that? Mr. Obama has said that the bible is has nothing good in it that can ever help lead any government or any persons life. Since he has said that I know he can't be following Jesus who taught from the book Obama says isn't beneficial for any public or personal purpose. With that said I claim this election for Mr. McCain in the name of Jesus and for His glory Amen.

Sealacamp

What she said and what you are saying sounds good and all, but I'm not much for name it and claim doctrine... Its rather... How do you say... Without faith? If you just say it with not action, faith without action is.... DEAD! Typically no action is spoken of in this doctrine. JUST SAY IT AND IT WILL BE!!! Wow sounds like The Secret written by New Age ideals... bleh. Tell me we haven't lost faith in our God have we?

If we want to retake this country then we must remember what our wonderful God has spoken:

2 Chronicles
13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

I don't know exactly why... but this piece of scripture stirs my spirit specifically. I just love my God!!! :bow:

Reactions: mont974x4
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
One, the surge has worked in spite of all the defeatism and heavy handed attempts by the world's media to defeat the American military through slanted and inflammatory reporting.
Not just the world media, but the reporting and leaking of documents by American media such as the NYT was treasonous in effect if not in law.

Two, say what you will about Bush. No attack has occurred on American soils since 9/11. America's enemies have gotten a clear message that there will be a price to pay.

Three, oil prices are a factor of the open market and have little to do with government, save for government's prohibitive legislation which makes finding new sources and new refining sources unprofitably expensive.

Four, Bush's domestic overspending has a much to do with a Democratic congress than it does with the values that conservatives adhere to.

Five, however effective McCain appointments to the Supreme Court may or may not be in terms of slowly turning the tide against abortion, the only value that Obama has ever stuck his neck out for was to make abortion more absolutely available and firmly entrenched than it ever has been. It is laughable and absurd to the extreme to hear anyone who call them pro-life actually contemplating voting for Obama if the abortion issue had even an iota of worth to them.

This is for everything you already said.

I totally agree.

You're about the only clear minded individual speaking truth about politics. Everyone seems to put their blinders on and hear no evil so no evil of a candidate and follow them to the end.

C'mon Christians, are we still lost sheep?

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Then it's a good thing I'm not voting for Obama either.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Something is not right.

I was devastated when Clinton beat Bush in '92. Guess what? We survived as a country. If Obama wins, we will somehow manage to survive as a country. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was devastated when Clinton beat Bush in '92. Guess what? We survived as a country. If Obama wins, we will somehow manage to survive as a country. :thumbsup:
We don't actually know that tho. (I hope you're right.... but....)

Even nonChristians have been noticing how different this election is from all others - and what's at stake here this time.

This country is also in serious economical crisis (for many reasons) -
and it's global. This actually may not 'fix itself' but lead to the collapses many eschatologists believe have to occur prior to Christ's 2nd coming. (I also don't know where America is in prophecy)?

I don't know when that is, but I'm actually not as convinced as you are that we'll just continue to do fine - I think this country's been in a spiritual slumber AND spoiled rotten where they've turned against God and are fighting God's people in this country.
How can God bless this nation as it continues to decay and raise generations of youth without God?

I'm not so sure this time that things will just be ok.
(& personally, McCain is no assurance that we'll be ok even IF
he's elected). Times are very different today in this world..

(sorry to be a party pooper on this one - just relaying what's on my heart)

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption,
but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Hosea 4
5 Therefore you shall stumble in the day;
The prophet also shall stumble with you in the night;
And I will destroy your mother.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.
7 “ The more they increased,
The more they sinned against Me;
I will change their glory into shame.

Reactions: sealacamp
Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Mere survival is not much of a goal, though. While Clinton was in office, the local economy here was seriously depressed and it would be even more so under Obama's plan. This worries me for my family.

Keep in mind, too, that Clinton's admin. was prior to 9-11 and I fear that numerous factions have been loading up for the opportunity to attack the US again. Given the dangerous naivete of Obama, it's highly probable that he'd not only hold the door open for these folks, but he'd also fund their whole operation with taxpayer money. :doh:

Obama is much more troublesome than Clinton ever could have been for a whole host of very frightening reasons. God help us!

Upvote 0