✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Family,

On occasion, pastors come across members of their church who are wolves in sheeps clothing: who are praying against, casting spells and practicing magick to divide and conquer a house of God.

How would you approach this situation as a pastor?

~Nat

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately, this isn't something I've had to deal with (yet), although I know that it happens.

The first thing I'd say is that I wouldn't deal with it alone. Even in praying for protection and safety for the people of the church, I'd get others to pray with me.

Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why are you limiting it to within the church? Covens are perfectly capable of targeting churches they do not go to. What else they're capable of doing is another question, but what you're dealing with is intent.

My angle was the church with a focus on what a pastor would do in regards to his congregation. The witch is pretending to bring division and strife. How does the pastor address the member and what steps will he take?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've never encountered this before. What, exactly, were the members of your church doing? What kinds of spells were they casting, using what kinds of rituals, and what kinds of magick were they practicing?

I am talking hypothetically...since it has and does happen.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Beyond gossip, rumor, hearsay, and superstition, is there any actual evidence that this happens?

-CryptoLutheran

Keep in mind rebellion alone is as the sin of witchcraft.

Rick Godwin and Kurt E Koch are one of many authors who write about their personal experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some identifiers:
Manipulation
Intimidation
Domination

Nat, those 'identifiers' can be present in any of us...it's not witchcraft, but rather ungodly attitudes and behaviour.

There may be people out there, definitely not part of Jesus' church though, that might conjure up ungodly spirits and the like, but I suspect it is more like Satan has deceived them into believing that's what they are doing. Satan only has control over our minds if we believe his deceptions, or we are demon possessed.

I remember in my early Christian years fellowshipping with certain pentecostal people that believed they were seeing signs of witches curses and demonic possessions everywhere. Satan was deceiving them.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nat, those 'identifiers' can be present in any of us...it's not witchcraft, but rather ungodly attitudes and behaviour.

There may be people out there, definitely not part of Jesus' church though, that might conjure up ungodly spirits and the like, but I suspect it is more like Satan has deceived them into believing that's what they are doing. Satan only has control over our minds if we believe his deceptions, or we are demon possessed.

I remember in my early Christian years fellowshipping with certain pentecostal people that believed they were seeing signs of witches curses and demonic possessions everywhere. Satan was deceiving them.

Yes the identifiers can be anyone but they are more prolific through forms of witchcraft. Satan doesnt need for us to 'believe' people are out there for people to infultrate. Even the money changers and idols have have slipped into the temple. The enemy has less control over saved men and women of God but what is stopping the enemy from someone who doesnt have the HS in them? I never said it was everywhere.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes the identifiers can be anyone but they are more prolific through forms of witchcraft. Satan doesnt need for us to 'believe' people are out there for people to infultrate. Even the money changers and idols have have slipped into the temple. The enemy has less control over saved men and women of God but what is stopping the enemy from someone who doesnt have the HS in them? I never said it was everywhere.

Well, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from in respect of the influence of witchcraft in the church, but I will agree that Satan almost has open slather in amongst what we claim to be the Christian church.

Spiritual truths can only be discerned by someone that has the Holy Spirit indwelling in them, and that can only happen after they have accepted the gift of faith in Jesus that God has offered out to them, ie after their own spirit has been brought to life through the light that is Christ. Otherwise they will continue to be open to all sorts of deceptions and wild beliefs. Satan will also shoot such 'deception' arrows at Christians hoping to find chinks in our armour, which is why we need to keep our faith uncomplicated.

Paul said, and I agree with him, that greater is He that is in us, than he that is in/controlling the world, and none of these 'other powers' are able to separate true believers from God. We need to meet with other Christians regularly to encourage each other in that fact, and to fear no one, encouraging each other to lead godly lives to the Lord, to fend off any domineering or other narcissistic thoughts Satan might tempt us with.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Family,

On occasion, pastors come across members of their church who are wolves in sheeps clothing: who are praying against, casting spells and practicing magick to divide and conquer a house of God.

How would you approach this situation as a pastor?

~Nat

If I were a pastor, I'd be resorting to that old but useful stand-by question: "And what made you think this is a good idea?" :rolleyes: And then we'd have a long philosophical, theological search through the Scriptures while we chat.

• Agree
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another question is how or what are the signs that someone is practicing witchcraft?

What do u do after a person has been identified?

I'd probably give them a hug and let them know that I'm available for discussing how all of this "witchy-washy" wiccan-ism might be a problem for a person who really wants to grow closer to the Lord.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fortunately, this isn't something I've had to deal with (yet), although I know that it happens.

The first thing I'd say is that I wouldn't deal with it alone. Even in praying for protection and safety for the people of the church, I'd get others to pray with me.

The interesting thing I'm noticing here in this thread is that those who come from more charismatic type churches say they notice this kind of thing in their churches, but those who associate with more traditional, mainline churches are saying, "We don't see it."

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you limiting it to within the church? Covens are perfectly capable of targeting churches they do not go to. What else they're capable of doing is another question, but what you're dealing with is intent.

Do you think people in covens target churches and then actually go to various churches and fill pew space?

I mean, maybe they do. It's an interesting thing to consider.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.