USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I would care them into being wise in their decision making. That would be preferable over NOT caring them into it.

God bless.
Nice capitalisation on the mistakes of others....

Seldom do scare tactics bring one to truth......and seldom do the holders of truth feel the need to deploy them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Using the occult spelling means it is neither harmless nor are they advocating nonsense. The word "magick" was termed by Aleister Crowley, specifically to differentiate between employing demonic spirits to accomplish ends in the earth from simply doing clever parlor tricks meant only to entertain people with harmless fun. And anyone who thinks Satanism is harmless doesn't have a clue.

HIH,

Exactly. I'm familiar with Crowley and didn't miss the implication. That's one of the reasons I posted the thread.

By informing them that invoking demonic power to see ones desires fulfilled also opens one up to their becoming an influence in YOUR life, and that if you want to invite destruction, suffering, deception, lies, and eternal damnation upon yourself, God gave you freewill to do so. But walking out into oncoming traffic on a freeway would be a wiser move.

You're correct. The dark side of engagement is downplayed. Few realize the things they're inviting into their lives or the doors they've opened. This is meant to whet their whistle and lead them down the rabbit hole.

That last part may seem a little harsh, but Jesus warned that it would be better to pluck ones eye out and cast it away from you than have both eyes and be cast into Hell.

I like your posts.

Sometimes the truth is hard to hear but we need to say it. Thank you for the compliment and your feedback. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond,

That is certainly a mature approach. But would you say the same to someone less seasoned and rooted in faith?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
What should be done/said, would depend on the situation.....I had to guess the reason why one would be addressing this with another...... If you give a scenario, I can better estimate my approach to it.

If one does not care about the truth and the subject is simple minded....Hidden's suggestions on scaring them into blindly believing whatever you say , because you "said so," should work just fine.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice capitalization on the mistakes of others....

You're welcome : ) But sometimes such "mistakes" aren't all that coincidental. Caring for others is precisely what I would consider it as doing, so I "capitalized" on your language as being accurate.
Seldom do scare tactics bring one to truth......and seldom do the holders of truth feel the need to deploy them.

Who said anything about "scare tactics"? Raymond, no offense, but I don't have a lot of time for frivolous debate, and there's a lot of it going around these days.

Just think of it this way: If you don't feel the need to warn others about the dangers of playing with a loaded gun, your argument holds.

Sounds like you may want to keep this conversation up for awhile, but I'm going to have to respectfully decline.

God bless, and no offense. Maybe some other time.
Hidden

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stumbled on a link for Cosmopolitan Magazine and was met with the following...

Yes, You Need Spell Candles
Like scented candles, but better.

That was the headline. I did a double take to make sure I was on the right website. I glanced at the browser and saw a different description in the header.

Where to Find Magic Spell Candles, Ritual Candles Online

As I skimmed the article I encountered an unexpected surprise. This wasn't fun and games or a Halloween prank. They provided directions for the spell in the piece.

In the field of candle magic, different colors signify different areas of life—like red for love, sex, and passion, or green for prosperity and money. To work candle magic, choose a candle based on what you want to happen. Then, visualize your goal; “dress” the candle by rubbing it with oil and/or scratching in symbols while focusing on your goal; and finally, light the candle.

This is the second article they've written on candle magick. The first was published earlier this year. They've elected to use the occult spelling for the word to differentiate it from a magic show. The demographic for the magazine is fairly young. Most readers are in their teens or early twenties. Many would assume its harmless.

Question

How would you address this with a child, loved one, or a stranger? Does it bother you? Please share your thoughts.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Of course you've already been discussing above some important aspects, and some of the most important.

But, also, we can get asked questions by children that are much more ordinary, on a far simpler level.

In the past when younger people have asked me what I thought about 'crystals' or 'tarot readings' or such, I simply said stuff like, "People can believe a lot of things that are just beliefs."

As I see it, it's meaningful for my testimony about Christ to others that I don't believe in crystals, tarot readings and such (candles, magic, whatnot...),.because they "are just beliefs", but I do believe in Jesus Christ, the very Son of God, risen!, and to come again!

The contrast.

I believe in Christ for reasons. I don't believe in whatever else magic stuff, because it's only belief.

I began to believe in Christ because everything he says proves true over time, over and over. And that's only the start.

In contrast, a tarot reading is just a generally true statements about life that would apply to most anyone, like for instance "you will meet someone special" -- which of course is always true in life, for just about everyone every month, in some manner.

So, a red candle for love is merely at most just a way to remember that love is something, and it would of course be that some something without that red candle, unchanged. Believing the candle itself helps do something can be merely superstitious, like believing in a good luck charm.

That's a good way to answer that question to the young or to those that don't think there are such things as spiritual powers.

Instead of believing in stuff that is mere belief -- empty hope without promise -- I believe instead in the One Who can save you!

Our rescuer -- Jesus Christ, our Redeemer and Savior, who suffered unto death for us, to rescue us from our sins!

So, that's how I'd talk with a curious child or non believer about such.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome : ) But sometimes such "mistakes" aren't all that coincidental. Caring for others is precisely what I would consider it as doing, so I "capitalized" on your language as being accurate.

Who said anything about "scare tactics"? Raymond, no offense, but I don't have a lot of time for frivolous debate, and there's a lot of it going around these days.

Just think of it this way: If you don't feel the need to warn others about the dangers of playing with a loaded gun, your argument holds.

Sounds like you may want to keep this conversation up for awhile, but I'm going to have to respectfully decline.

God bless, and no offense. Maybe some other time.
Hidden
I am not one you can offend with words.......Neither can your words give me a spirit of fear.....

Your words can, however, bring me to repentance.......Therefore I repent of replying to your initial words and will remember the name so to not be tempted to do so in the future.

And again, I agree, that the fear induced by your words would cause many to believe and do anything you say thereafter....and should be used by those who desire this end.

Thanks for the conversation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I stumbled on a link for Cosmopolitan Magazine and was met with the following...

Yes, You Need Spell Candles
Like scented candles, but better.

That was the headline. I did a double take to make sure I was on the right website. I glanced at the browser and saw a different description in the header.

Where to Find Magic Spell Candles, Ritual Candles Online

As I skimmed the article I encountered an unexpected surprise. This wasn't fun and games or a Halloween prank. They provided directions for the spell in the piece.

In the field of candle magic, different colors signify different areas of life—like red for love, sex, and passion, or green for prosperity and money. To work candle magic, choose a candle based on what you want to happen. Then, visualize your goal; “dress” the candle by rubbing it with oil and/or scratching in symbols while focusing on your goal; and finally, light the candle.

This is the second article they've written on candle magick. The first was published earlier this year. They've elected to use the occult spelling for the word to differentiate it from a magic show. The demographic for the magazine is fairly young. Most readers are in their teens or early twenties. Many would assume its harmless.

Question

How would you address this with a child, loved one, or a stranger? Does it bother you? Please share your thoughts.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

I'd address it by carvng a candle symbol into every color candle imaginable, then lighting them all while chanting the words, "Ibby bibby, shibby bibby, the spirits are about to speak,"

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Meh. About as important as the brouhaha about Dungeons and Dragons, the Harry Potter books, the Charmed TV series, Tarot cards, and praying to various saints and gods for good fortune and omens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd tell them the truth. That witchcraft is not real. That lighting candles or burning incense or boiling eyes of newt, while likely a delicacy in some countries imparts no magical power to you or the liquid. But that it's a lot of fun to pretend around this time of year. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Beck Beck
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well if it were me, my first response would be, "Wait, why am I reading Cosmo?" But after the initial shock of realizing I had been reading Cosmo, I would likely find it weird, possibly giggle to myself, and then go about my day.

And if I had a child, a friend, etc who had read it and it was worrying them, I'd remind them that candles are just sticks of wax with a wick, and they have no power, and that I don't believe in magic. And that if they are a Christian, they shouldn't believe in magic either.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd tell them the truth. That witchcraft is not real. That lighting candles or burning incense or boiling eyes of newt, while likely a delicacy in some countries imparts no magical power to you or the liquid. But that it's a lot of fun to pretend around this time of year. ;)

I find the general lack of belief in the supernatural around here to be a little startling, coming from believers in the resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You at least have an excuse.

But you are correct. Physical substances used in magick spells do not effect the curse. It is demonic spirits, if called upon earnestly and consistently, who will however. You don't believe in evil spirits, I take it?

• Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I find the general lack of belief in the supernatural around here to be a little startling, coming from believers in the resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You at least have an excuse.

But you are correct. Physical substances used in magick spells do not effect the curse. It is demonic spirits, if called upon earnestly and consistently, who will however. You don't believe in evil spirits, I take it?

Christians recognize the supernatural.
Witchcraft, magic, spells, curses, etc are regarded, in Christianity, as superstition. Not the "supernatural".

The actual problem is that there have been a lot of Christians willfully embracing non-Christian superstition, and churches rather than doing their job in better educating the Faithful, in many cases actually perpetuate these un-Christian beliefs and superstitions.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians recognize the supernatural.
Witchcraft, magic, spells, curses, etc are regarded, in Christianity, as superstition. Not the "supernatural".

You would need to include the apostle Paul as believing in "superstition" as well, and Luke also. It's your right to think that way, but I consider both to be more Christian than many who refer to themselves as such today, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You would need to include the apostle Paul as believing in "superstition" as well, and Luke also. It's your right to think that way, but I consider both to be more Christian than many who refer to themselves as such today, unfortunately.

That's silly, why would I insult the Apostle St. Paul by claiming he believed in superstition? I have no reason to think so little of Christ's apostle.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's silly, why would I insult the Apostle St. Paul by claiming he believed in superstition? I have no reason to think so little of Christ's apostle.

You don't realize you are, so it's not intentional, but you are doing it nonetheless. The scary thing is I keep seeing so MANY believers posting such things...

Let me ask you this: Do you believe in the reality of demonic spirits?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You don't realize you are, so it's not intentional, but you are doing it nonetheless. The scary thing is I keep seeing so MANY believers posting such things...

How about you back your claim up by demonstrating that St. Paul believed in pagan magical practices. Because I consider it absolutely absurd and insulting to claim that he did.

Let me ask you this: Do you believe in the reality of demonic spirits?

The devils exist, yes.

-CryptoLutheran

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about you back your claim up by demonstrating that St. Paul believed in pagan magical practices. Because I consider it absolutely absurd and insulting to claim that he did.

No offense, but under the present circumstances I'd rather pick your brain. You don't have to respond, but I will get around to quoting some scriptures for you if you give me the impression you'll be listening. But in all honesty, your lack of faith in such things (along with others) strikes me as astounding, and it tells me I may be fighting a losing battle here before it even starts.
The devils exist, yes.

If demons exist, then what power do they have over men? Any?

• Haha
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0