St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If I created the rock, and the terrain and rolled it myself at a precise angle and velocity I'm sure it's possible to know exactly where it will fall. Which just confirms that intelligence is needed for the system to work. But the analogy is still totally inadequate to explain complex changes in the structure of DNA.
You could not even have that level of complexity without a designer. And now you are trying to propose a random process to enhance this program that is much more complex than the computer you're working on. And you think we need faith to imagine creation!
And it took a whole lot longer and most of the attempts failed.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I created the rock, and the terrain and rolled it myself at a precise angle and velocity I'm sure it's possible to know exactly where it will fall. Which just confirms that intelligence is needed for the system to work.

I could do the same with very precise measurements of the shape of the rock and the terrain and of the surface properties of each. (How soft is it? will it deform or break.) I need not create the rock or terrain to have such predictive knowledge.

But this is never about the path of a single rock, single drop of water, just as the forces guiding evolutionary pressures are not about a single creature. They are all about the collective trajectory. Of water droplets falling on the ravine and of a herd of creatures pursued by predators or ravaged by drought.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could do the same with very precise measurements of the shape of the rock and the terrain and of the surface properties of each. (How soft is it? will it deform or break.) I need not create the rock or terrain to have such predictive knowledge.

But this is never about the path of a single rock, single drop of water, just as the forces guiding evolutionary pressures are not about a single creature. They are all about the collective trajectory. Of water droplets falling on the ravine and of a herd of creatures pursued by predators or ravaged by drought.
All totally random according to your theories. Chaos doesn't create order. You can not assemble the most simple of machines by random processes, but you believe nature did it by accident.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All totally random according to your theories. Chaos doesn't create order. You can not assemble the most simple of machines by random processes, but you believe nature did it by accident.
"Random" is not the same as "chaos." Certainly so called "evolutionary algorithms" based on randomly distributed variation and selection are used in industry to design novel products, some of them quite complex.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Lol, you still aren't getting it. If I roll a tire, I'm involved in the process. In evolution there's nothing to roll that tire, there's no tire and no one to make the material to create it.
Oh I understand. It appears that you do not understand how analogies work. You should tell people that. When one focuses on unimportant parts of an analogy it indicates that at best they are trying not to understand.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If I created the rock, and the terrain and rolled it myself at a precise angle and velocity I'm sure it's possible to know exactly where it will fall. Which just confirms that intelligence is needed for the system to work. But the analogy is still totally inadequate to explain complex changes in the structure of DNA.
You could not even have that level of complexity without a designer. And now you are trying to propose a random process to enhance this program that is much more complex than the computer you're working on. And you think we need faith to imagine creation!
See what I mean? You are trying not to understand because that would explain your error to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,404.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Random" is not the same as "chaos." Certainly so called "evolutionary algorithms" based on randomly distributed variation and selection are used in industry to design novel products, some of them quite complex.

The creoclaim that order cannot emerge from chaos is
just wrong. There are countless examples.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,404.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, you really are not. Logic is based upon evidence and you do not seem to understand what is and what is not evidence.

Would you like to learn? It will not take long.

It's hard to do meaningful logic based on falsehoods.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,404.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh I understand. It appears that you do not understand how analogies work. You should tell people that. When one focuses on unimportant parts of an analogy it indicates that at best they are trying not to understand.

So don't use analogies

Reactions: Mr Laurier
Upvote 0