Winconsin Supreme Court declines to hear Donald's appeal.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wisconsin high court declines to hear Trump election lawsuit

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A split Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday refused to hear President Donald Trump’s lawsuit attempting to overturn his loss to Democrat Joe Biden in the battleground state, sidestepping a decision on the merits of the claims and instead ruling that the case must first wind its way through lower courts.

The defeat on a 4-3 ruling was the latest in a string of losses for Trump’s post-election lawsuits. Judges in multiple battleground states have rejected his claims of fraud or irregularities. Dissenting conservative justices said the decision would forever “stain” the outcome of the election.

Incidentally, Donald's lost about 200,000 Twitter followers since Election Day... guess the judges aren't the only ones who aren't listening to him anymore.

Thoughts?

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump was looking to jump the gun and by pass that pesky procedure thing with requires the case start in the lower court and move up from there. The whole thing is predicated on eventually getting to SCOTUS, where Trump and his team believe the conservative, originalist judges they appointed will lose their minds and engage in outrageous judicial activism.

Good luck with that. They *still* haven't heard the case that went to them on election day concerning ballot receipt deadlines in PA.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump was looking to jump the gun and by pass that pesky procedure thing with requires the case start in the lower court and move up from there. The whole thing is predicated on eventually getting to SCOTUS, where Trump and his team believe the conservative, originalist judges they appointed will lose their minds and engage in outrageous judicial activism.

Good luck with that. They *still* haven't heard the case that went to them on election day concerning ballot receipt deadlines in PA.

Donald's getting frightened. He knows that unless he can strongarm SCOTUS before January 20th, he's cooked.

On that day, either Biden or Pelosi will be sworn in as President, and neither of them are going to allow these shenanigans to go on.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Donald's getting frightened. He knows that unless he can strongarm SCOTUS before January 20th, he's cooked.

On that day, either Biden or Pelosi will be sworn in as President, and neither of them are going to allow these shenanigans to go on.

Well, in one of the cases (sorry, I don't remember which) Elite Seal Team Sux has actually argued that the constitution is unconstitutional.

Anyhoo, I have my bulk popcorn supplies pre ordered for post Dec 14th when Biden is formally elected for Trump to file a suite of lawsuits claiming the electoral college was unconstitutional.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He is likely better off on both counts. He needs to get this before the Supreme Court asap so getting rejected by the state court may work in his favor.
What makes you think that the Supreme Court will even look at this? Without evidence they have no grounds for a decision. They will simply reject the cases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
He is likely better off on both counts. He needs to get this before the Supreme Court asap so getting rejected by the state court may work in his favor.
Really?
How’s he going to appeal a State Law?
I mean, if they can assert a “Constitution” violation, sure.
But I ain’t seeing how such an appeal can be crafted, (IANAL).

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What makes you think that the Supreme Court will even look at this? Without evidence they have no grounds for a decision. They will simply reject the cases.
I do not think so.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Who said that I do.

SCOTUS isn’t going to take any appeal that might be possible.
But let’s play “what if?”
What if they took the case(s)?
You really think that Roberts is going to want to be the last Chief Justice?

Joe Biden won.
He’s going to be President January 20, noon est.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SCOTUS isn’t going to take any appeal that might be possible.
But let’s play “what if?”
What if they took the case(s)?
You really think that Roberts is going to want to be the last Chief Justice?

Joe Biden won.
He’s going to be President January 20, noon est.
Are you saying that you doubt the integrity of the Supreme Court?

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,531.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you saying that you doubt the integrity of the Supreme Court?

I'm having a bit of trouble how that relates to what you were replying to. Can you clarify a bit? It seems disjointed to me. Thank you.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm having a bit of trouble how that relates to what you were replying to. Can you clarify a bit? It seems disjointed to me. Thank you.
My question is what the previous poster is saying when he said "You really think that Roberts is going to want to be the last Chief Justice?" Why would he poster think that taking the case might result in Roberts being the last Chief Justice?

Upvote 0