Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never got to "meet" this person, but my prayers definitely go out to his family and friends. May they be comforted in this time of greif and may they rejoice that WinAce is now in heaven.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know you Christians and religious folks mean well in your prayers, but can't help feeling he would be offended, or that Jessica would be by them. I am thinking that sincere words of concern are enough, and that your praying should be kept in your closet at this point.

(this is not a debate point folks, but just speaking honestly about my atheist dead friend and his atheist gf)

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lanakila said:
I know you Christians and religious folks mean well in your prayers, but can't help feeling he would be offended, or that Jessica would be by them. I am thinking that sincere words of concern are enough, and that your praying should be kept in your closet at this point.

(this is not a debate point folks, but just speaking honestly about my atheist dead friend and his atheist gf)
You really believe that someone would be offended if we pray for them? You don't think that prayer is a form of love and concern? This is how us religious folk show our love.

My prayers are with him. :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
kiwimac said:
Some time has elapsed here. Does anyone know how Jessica is? How WinAce's family are?

I spoke to Jessica almost daily until she cancelled her internet a week or so ago. I just heard from her yesterday. She's staying in NC for the time being and working for an airline, doing about as well as possible.

Allan's family, er.............not so well.

Upvote 0

Links234

LinksAce
Oct 7, 2004
Gefangen in der Finsternis
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't talked to Jess in a while, though I was very close to Allan and fairly good friends with Jess. :(

I really don't know what to write; my memorials to him have chats of his that would get me edited. :(

RIP, buddy.

Upvote 0