Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A very good friend to many of us both atheist and Christian, and member of Christian forums who was very ill with CF has passed. He will be sorely missed by oh so many people, but his beloved Jessica (One For Sorrow) will be missing him the most. Winny as I so affectionately called him was very young, and his plight was on tv, and in the newspaper in Raleigh NC where he had moved in hopes of a lung transplant.

We love and miss you Winny. :cry:

Reactions: AirPo

PookySmiley

Mobiosity - Only one side
Sep 23, 2005
here
✟8,774.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This is so very sad, and so not necessary. Organ transplants are no longer experimental surgery. People live a long and healthy time with donated organs. It costs nothing for you to donate, you're not going to be using them anymore. The default should be harvest donatable organs at death unless another choice has been stipulated in writing.

As I've said before, quoting the bumper sticker:

Don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here.

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if Jessica and Allan's family would object is we come up with some sort of campaign to lobby for health reform in Allan's name. I know Allan was fighting those people up until the very end.

I know he had suggested on his website that people could write letters to congress. Is there anyone here, or on other sites that Allan frequented, that could write a kick butt form letter?

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
rahma said:
I wonder if Jessica and Allan's family would object is we come up with some sort of campaign to lobby for health reform in Allan's name. I know Allan was fighting those people up until the very end.

I know he had suggested on his website that people could write letters to congress. Is there anyone here, or on other sites that Allan frequented, that could write a kick butt form letter?

If someone comes up with most of it I can help edit it. I'd be more than glad to help with whatever everyone comes up with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How tragic, I didn't get to "meet" this young man in the forums but had read his blog and was impressed with his charming wit and intelligence as he struggled through the maze of medical treatment impeded by medicaid.

How difficult for those who loved him to have to wonder forever if he could have been saved by the transplant he was denied. I hope they find peace in knowing they did everything they could for him.

Upvote 0