Will you watch the impeachment hearings on television?

Do you plan to watch the hearings, either live or taped?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Subpoenas for what? We have another circle thing going on here.

What accuser of President Trump witnessed, first hand, the quid pro quo he is accused of?
These are witnesses we are talking about, not "accusers." Some of these witness are Trump insiders who he does not want to be testifying under oath.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This entire thing is over quid pro quo. Who has presented first hand evidence of this quid pro quo?

The person who printed the transcript summary. The quid pro quo is very easy to see in it.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not really. Certainly not clear enough to impeach a President.

I assume you are looking for the exact phrase "quid pro quo." It does not have to be there for you to see the context: "If you don't do this, we won't do that."

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can think of one person I’m sure will be watching.

A0CF13A2-9F8A-4540-814B-400FFC887B0B.jpeg

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 266657

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

"the information provided herein was provided to me"

hearsay
[ˈhirˌsā]
NOUN
  1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
    • law
      the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
Then we have a sworn testimony where: Gorden Solomann (known as 'I' in the following) testifies ambassador Taylor recalls that Mr Morrison told ambassador Taylor that I told Mr Morrison that I conveyed this message to.....

What kind of testimony is that? @4:38

Why look, still talking about the whistleblower like the other witnesses don’t exist. You claim you read the testimony transcripts, so you know they completely corroborate the whistleblower report. So why are you trashing the whistleblower?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟493,088.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I tuned in to find out how Wolf Blitzer on CNN wants me to think about them. Right away, he announced the breaking news--

In testimony, Taylor delivered a "bombshell" when he claimed that he had heard someone say X about the Ukrainian situation.

Well, X could just testify and clear up exactly what he said. Too bad Donald doesn't seem to want to. Weird, Hillary had no problem doing so.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟493,088.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I doesn't matter. Who was a witness to Trump's alleged crime?
It's right there in the memo the White House released. Donald even called it "perfect" :
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf (bolding mine)

A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.· (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty "Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟220,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, X could just testify and clear up exactly what he said. Too bad Donald doesn't seem to want to. Weird, Hillary had no problem doing so.
True KC but tell me where's X? Look they've already been around this track once in their secret meetings. Wouldn't they have known they would have needed X to substantiate when they go to the public hearings?

And if they don't produce X are you willing to say enough is enough? That they should drop this impeachment scam, if that's truly what it is?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟493,088.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
True KC but tell me where's X?
In this case, in a memo released by the White House. And backed up by a number of Donald's employees.

Look, if you're still posting that the testimony from the hearings last week is "secret", it might help to do a bit of research on your own.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I tuned in to find out how Wolf Blitzer on CNN wants me to think about them. Right away, he announced the breaking news--

In testimony, Taylor delivered a "bombshell" when he claimed that he had heard someone say X about the Ukrainian situation.

Some testimony! :puff:

Can't Congress do something more important...like rename a post office in Dubuque, for instance?

You think renaming post office is more important than safeguard our democracy!
No wonder our democracy is at risk!

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
2nd hand info is still hearsay. Always has been. There is not a court in america that will prosecute over hearsay. Yet alone allow it in court.

They have testified about first hand information. They testified about calls they were on, and what other administration officials have said. The implication for Trump may be 2nd hand, but they were relating first hand testimony.

Those who they have reported speaking to which would have first hand testimony, have been blocked by Trump from testifying. They may not have accused the President of a crime, but, with the exception of Sondland (who's testimony was replete with "I don't remember/I don't recall", except when he added an addendum to later say that oh, I did actually remember there was a quid pro quo") they haven't said anything under oath, either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Subpoenas for what? We have another circle thing going on here.

What accuser of President Trump witnessed, first hand, the quid pro quo he is accused of?

You appear to think that preventing people with first hand information from testifying is a valid defense.

Defense attorney: "Your honor, no one with first hand testimony has testified about a quid pro quo".
Judge: "Everyone with first hand information has defied subpoenas and is refusing to testify"
Defense attorney: "I rest my case."

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You appear to think that preventing people with first hand information from testifying is a valid defense.

Defense attorney: "Your honor, no one with first hand testimony has testified about a quid pro quo".
Judge: "Everyone with first hand information has defied subpoenas and is refusing to testify"
Defense attorney: "I rest my case."

I think the premise is ridiculous. Subpoena people so they can defend themselves against something no one accusing them has any first hand knowledge of? They're fishing. Looking to incriminate someone.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the premise is ridiculous. Subpoena people so they can defend themselves against something no one accusing them has any first hand knowledge of? They're fishing. Looking to incriminate someone.
Defend themselves? They're being asked to confirm facts. No one at these hearings is on trial.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is the entire reason I attempted to leave this conversation. We are at an impasse. I see nothing worth even validating, or explaining. If you cannot wrap your head around the position that this is a staged proceeding, as part of an attempted coup, there is no way of proving anything.

The WB has no first hand knowledge, and never had contact with the President during the incident, nor was he present for the incident in question. The two star witness yesterday have no first hand knowledge, and never had contact with the President during the incident, nor were they present for the incident in question.

You keep talking about subpoenas, but no one that raised an alarm had any first hand evidence to raise an alarm.

This is a complete sham proceeding. You cannot move to impeach a president off of hearsay. Even worse, unsubstantiated hearsay you expect others to validate for you by subpoena.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This is the entire reason I attempted to leave this conversation. We are at an impasse. I see nothing worth even validating, or explaining. If you cannot wrap your head around the position that this is a staged proceeding, as part of an attempted coup, there is no way of proving anything.

The WB has no first hand knowledge, and never had contact with the President during the incident, nor was he present for the incident in question. The two star witness yesterday have no first hand knowledge, and never had contact with the President during the incident, nor were they present for the incident in question.

You keep talking about subpoenas, but no one that raised an alarm had any first hand evidence to raise an alarm.

This is a complete sham proceeding. You cannot move to impeach a president off of hearsay. Even worse, unsubstantiated hearsay you expect others to validate for you by subpoena.
Still, it's interesting that the President will not let those who do have first-hand knowledge testify.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0