Will you watch the impeachment hearings on television?

Do you plan to watch the hearings, either live or taped?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't ask you that.

Who is preventing the principals from testifying?

I doesn't matter. Who was a witness to Trump's alleged crime?

1. see (an event, typically a crime or accident) take place.
    "a bartender who witnessed the murder"

2. have knowledge of (an event or change) from personal observation or experience.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doesn't matter. Who was a witness to Trump's alleged crime?

Apparently, it does matter. You are the one complaining there are no direct witnesses testifying.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, it does matter. You are the one complaining there are no direct witnesses testifying.

That's stupid. Who witnessed the quid pro quo first hand? All I see is second to 6th hand accusations thus far. Did anyone actualy witness Trump commit what he is accused of?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's stupid. Who witnessed the quid pro quo first hand? All I see is second to 6th hand accusations thus far. Did anyone actualy witness Trump commit what he is accused of?

What are you calling stupid?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Republicans: It's a sham! No first hand accounts!
Known fact: Trump is not allowing anyone with first hand information to testify.
Republicans: The Democrats are trying to trick us with second hand information!

Eerily similar to:
Republicans: It's a sham! These hearings are all private! Everything is shrouded in secrecy!
Democrats: Open impeachment proceedings start next week.
Republicans: It's a sham! They're putting on a dog an pony show and grandstanding!

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist

That's blatantly false. Jim Jordan's question did sound impressive, but it was still 2nd hand information, despite multiple people being referenced in the same sentence.

And again, Trump is blocking all first hand witnesses from testifying, and tried to prevent the current second hand witnesses from testifying either. Moreover, the Justice Department hasn't released any of the documents these witnesses submitted as evidence to the inquiry.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Schiff is in control. Where are the Republicans getting the authority to withhold this information? Or stop people from testifying? Would you point that out for me or show me where they have that authority?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's blatantly false. Jim Jordan's question did sound impressive, but it was still 2nd hand information, despite multiple people being referenced in the same sentence.

And again, Trump is blocking all first hand witnesses from testifying, and tried to prevent the current second hand witnesses from testifying either. Moreover, the Justice Department hasn't released any of the documents these witnesses submitted as evidence to the inquiry.

Who is accusing Trump of a crime that has first hand knowledge?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

2nd hand info is still hearsay. Always has been. There is not a court in america that will prosecute over hearsay. Yet alone allow it in court.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Schiff is in control. Where are the Republicans getting the authority to withhold this information? Or stop people from testifying? Would you point that out for me or show me where they have that authority?

To date, the White House has forbidden people from testifying. Those who have, have done so after a subpoena was issued. Mulvaney is currently ignoring the subpoena. Sondland has testified and likely will again after today, when Acting Ambassador Taylor indicated his aid overheard Sonland's call directly with the President.

Others who have refused to appear - not exhaustive
John Eisenberg
Robert Blair
Michael Ellis
Brian McCormack

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To date, the White House has forbidden people from testifying. Those who have, have done after a subpoena was issued. Mulvaney is currently ignoring the subpoena. Sondland has testified and likely will again after today, when Acting Ambassador Taylor indicated his aid overheard Sonland's call directly with the President.

Others who have refused to appear - not exhaustive
John Eisenberg
Robert Blair
Michael Ellis
Brian McCormack

This entire thing is over quid pro quo. Who has presented first hand evidence of this quid pro quo?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's a question which will have to play out in the courts. The President is rejecting congressional subpoenas issued to his associates. The Attorney General, who would ordinarily be responsible for enforcing these subpoenas, is siding with the President.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This entire thing is over quid pro quo. Who has presented first hand evidence of this quid pro quo?

"I need you to do us a favor though..."

Lt Col Vindman heard the call.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's a question which will have to play out in the courts. The President is rejecting congressional subpoenas issued to his associates. The Attorney General, who would ordinarily be responsible for enforcing these subpoenas, is siding with the President.

Subpoenas for what? We have another circle thing going on here.

What accuser of President Trump witnessed, first hand, the quid pro quo he is accused of?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"I need you to do us a favor though..."

Lt Col Vindman heard the call.

So Lt Col Vindman heard President Trump state he would not render aid IF an action did not occur?

Can you link that or point it out for me?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟834,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As someone who watched the Watergate hearings, I guess I will follow them, but I am not going to get up early just to watch the morning session live.
I'd rather read what the witnesses testified than sit through all of the blubberings from the Reps.

Upvote 0