Will you watch the impeachment hearings on television?

Do you plan to watch the hearings, either live or taped?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 266657

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

"the information provided herein was provided to me"

hearsay
[ˈhirˌsā]
NOUN
  1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
    • law
      the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
Then we have a sworn testimony where: Gorden Solomann (known as 'I' in the following) testifies ambassador Taylor recalls that Mr Morrison told ambassador Taylor that I told Mr Morrison that I conveyed this message to.....

What kind of testimony is that? @4:38

I noticed in the clip you provided, that Mr. Jordan claimed that Mr. Taylor was wrong in his testimony about his clear understanding of the conditional requirement that President Zelensky had to publicly state certain investigations would take place in order for Zelensky to get a meeting with Trump and the release of security funding. That assertion was based on Mr. Jordan's summation that the investigations were never announced by Zelensky and also that the security funding ultimately was released. Such an assertion is therefore a disingenuous claim made by Mr. Jordan, since Mr. Taylor's testimony pertained to a time before the whistleblower had filed his complaint and subsequently before the funds were ever released.

To your claim that hearsay is not evidence, I find it to be a moot point since Trump has already admitted to withholding the security funds because he wanted the Ukrainians to investigate "corruption". This was a public statement made to a reporter when Trump was asked about the security funding being withheld. “It’s very important to talk about corruption. If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?” As we now know, the corruption Trump was referring to in that statement, was the investigations into crowd strike, the Biden's and Burisma, which texts between Sondland and Taylor also corroborate. What you call hearsay is just testimony that corroborates the phone transcript and Trump's own public statements.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Back to the topic. What channel is everybody watching it on?
I'm asleep or at work when it is televised, so I check out youtube.
typically cnn, msnbc, I sometimes checkout Fox news Chris Wallace, read the headlines on their website.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is nothing new.... People plug their ears and will not listen... tell me again about ignorance

People knew about Ukraine and HRC in 2017. This is the corruption Trump is looking for. That is the favor he asked. Biden is a tit for tat. As I have stated before. Stop following them red dots.

You wonder why I do not believe a word of what is being said about these dog and pony show? Because I knew, and posted to this forum that Grassley was looking into the Ukraine concerning election fraud and other HRC DNC corruption. I've known for what? Almost 3 years? Forgive me if current events don't come across as shocking. I kinda had some warning.

VIA ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION
The Honorable Rod J. Rosenstein
Deputy Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530

Dear Mr. Rosenstein,

According to news reports, during the 2016 presidential election, “Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump” and did so by “disseminat[ing] documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter…”[1] Ukrainian officials also reportedly “helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers.”[2] At the center of this plan was Alexandra Chalupa, described by reports as a Ukrainian-American operative “who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee” and reportedly met with Ukrainian officials during the presidential election for the express purpose of exposing alleged ties between then-candidate Donald Trump, Paul Manafort, and Russia.[3] Politico also reported on a Financial Times story that quoted a Ukrainian legislator, Serhiy Leschenko, saying that Trump’s candidacy caused “Kiev’s wider political leadership to do something they would never have attempted before: intervene, however indirectly, in a U.S. election.”[4]

Reporting indicates that the Democratic National Committee encouraged Chalupa to interface with Ukrainian embassy staff to “arrange an interview in which Poroshenko [the president of Ukraine] might discuss Manafort’s ties to Yanukovych.”[5] Chalupa also met with Valeriy Chaly, Ukraine’s ambassador to the U.S., and Oksana Shulyar, a top aid to the Ukrainian ambassador in March 2016 and shared her alleged concerns about Manafort. Reports state that the purpose of their initial meeting was to “organize a June reception at the embassy to promote Ukraine.” However, another Ukrainian embassy official, Andrii Telizhenko, told Politico that Shulyar instructed him to assist Chalupa with research to connect Trump, Manafort, and the Russians. He reportedly said, “[t]hey were coordinating an investigation with the Hillary team on Paul Manafort with Alexandra Chalupa” and that “Oksana [Shulyar] was keeping it all quiet…the embassy worked very closely with” Chalupa.[6]

Chalupa’s actions appear to show that she was simultaneously working on behalf of a foreign government, Ukraine, and on behalf of the DNC and Clinton campaign, in an effort to influence not only the U.S voting population but U.S. government officials. Indeed, Telizhenko recalled that Chalupa told him and Shulyar, “f we can get enough information on Paul [Manafort] or Trump’s involvement with Russia, she can get a hearing in Congress by September.”[7] Later, Chalupa did reportedly meet with staff in the office of Democratic representative Marcy Kaptur to discuss a congressional investigation. Such a public investigation would not only benefit the Hillary Clinton campaign, but it would benefit the Ukrainian government, which, at the time, was working against the Trump campaign. When Politico attempted to ask Rep. Kaptur’s office about the meeting, the office called it a “touchy subject.”

Aside from the apparent evidence of collusion between the DNC, Clinton campaign, and Ukrainian government, Chalupa’s actions implicate the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). As you know, the Committee is planning a hearing on FARA enforcement. Given the public reporting of these activities in support of a foreign government, it is imperative that the Justice Department explain why she has not been required to register under FARA.

FARA requires individuals to register with the Justice Department if they act, even through an intermediary, “as an agent, representative, employee, or servant” or “in any other capacity” at the behest of a foreign principal, including a foreign political party, for purposes of engagement with a United States official.[8] The registration applies to anyone who attempts to influence a U.S. government official on behalf of a foreign principal in an effort to “formulat[e], adopt[], or chang[e] the domestic or foreign policies of the United States.”[9] As such, the focus of FARA is to require registration for individuals engaged in political or quasi-political activity on behalf of a foreign government. Likewise, an individual whose activities are subject to registration under FARA and who sends informational material “for or in the interest of [a] foreign principal” with the intent or belief that such material will be circulated among at least two persons must transmit the material to the Attorney General no later than 48 hours after actual transmission.[10] Notably, an ongoing failure to register is an ongoing offense.[11]

According to documents provided to the Committee, the Justice Department required the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC to register under FARA for working on behalf of the Ukrainian government.[12] Their registration was required even though the client, the European Centre for the Modern Ukraine (ECFMU), wrote a letter saying it was not directly or indirectly controlled by the Ukrainian government. That did not matter to the Justice Department because their lobbying activity was not to “benefit commercial interests” of the ECFMU but instead to promote the “political or public interests of a foreign government or foreign political party.” The Justice Department made clear that an individual acting in the political or public interests of a foreign government must register under FARA. As such, because Podesta and Mercury were effectively working on behalf of Ukrainian government interests, they were required to register.

Unlike that situation where the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC worked for the middleman (EFCMU) and not the Ukrainian government, here Chalupa reportedly worked directly with Ukrainian government officials to benefit Ukraine, lobbying Congress on behalf of Ukraine, and worked to undermine the Trump campaign on behalf of Ukraine and the Clinton campaign. Accordingly, these facts appear to be exactly the type of activity Congress intended to reach with FARA. Please answer the following:

• What actions has the Justice Department taken to enforce FARA’s requirements regarding Chalupa given the public reporting of her actions on behalf of the Ukrainian government?

• Why has the Justice Department not required her to register under FARA?

• Has the Justice Department sent a letter of inquiry to Chalupa? If so, please provide a copy. If not, why not?

• Under 28 C.F.R. § 5.2, any present or prospective agent of a foreign entity may request an advisory opinion from the Justice Department regarding the need to register. Has Chalupa ever requested one in relation to her work on behalf of the Ukrainian government? If so, please provide a copy of the request and opinion.

• Please differentiate the facts that required the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC to register with Chalupa’s.

• Are you investigating the Ukrainian government’s intervention in the 2016 presidential election on behalf of the Clinton campaign? If not, why not?

• Are you investigating links and coordination between the Ukrainian government and individuals associated with the campaign of Hillary Clinton or the Democratic National Committee? If not, why not?
I anticipate that your written response and the responsive documents will be unclassified.

Please send all unclassified material directly to the Committee. In keeping with the requirements of Executive Order 13526, if any of the responsive documents do contain classified information, please segregate all unclassified material within the classified documents, provide all unclassified information directly to the Committee, and provide a classified addendum to the Office of Senate Security. The Committee complies with all laws and regulations governing the handling of classified information. The Committee is not bound, absent its prior agreement, by any handling restrictions or instructions on unclassified information unilaterally asserted by the Executive Branch.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this request. Please respond no later than August 3, 2017. If you have questions, contact Josh Flynn-Brown of my Judiciary Committee staff at (202) 224-5225.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Grassley
Chairman
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
All this letter says to me is that Grassley sees the outing of Manafort as election interference.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All this letter says to me is that Grassley sees the outing of Manafort as election interference.

Yeah, absolutely... that is all that is in it.

“Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump” and did so by “disseminat[ing] documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter…”[1] Ukrainian officials also reportedly “helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers.”[2]

Aside from the apparent evidence of collusion between the DNC, Clinton campaign, and Ukrainian government,

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I am beyond that and over this conversation. people keep resurrecting me. I even un watched after bowing out 4 times now. I keep getting alerts.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, absolutely... that is all that is in it.

“Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump” and did so by “disseminat[ing] documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter…”[1] Ukrainian officials also reportedly “helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers.”[2]

Aside from the apparent evidence of collusion between the DNC, Clinton campaign, and Ukrainian government,
Colluding with America's friends is not the same as colluding with America's enemies, and these connotations only reverse when one's friends are the enemies of America.
Mr. Taylor dealt with this very issue in his public testimony, pointing out to Mr. Jordan, that Ukraine did not want Trump to win the presidency because Trump had publicly stated that he was open to Russia keeping Crimea. Obviously the exposing of Manafort as working for pro-Russian forces while in Ukraine, would be helpful to Hillary, since such collusion would be deemed by most Americans as serving American interests in support of Ukraine keeping Crimea in accordance with established international laws.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Russia did not keep Crimea. It got Crimea back from Ukraine.

So if Mexico was to invade Texas and California and then claim them as part of Mexico, you would be saying they did not "keep California and Texas," instead they were just getting them back from the US?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you familiar with what happened in 2014?

Russian troops invanded Crimea, which was part of Ukraine at the time. People living in Crimea were pro-Russia. An election was held and voters approved a Russian annexation. Russian flags started flying there instead of the blue and yellow Ukraine flags.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you familiar with what happened in 2014?

Russian troops invanded Crimea, which was part of Ukraine at the time. People living in Crimea were pro-Russia. An election was held and voters approved a Russian annexation. Russian flags started flying there instead of the blue and yellow Ukraine flags.

The key point being "Russian troops invaded." It is interesting they didn't do the vote first, maybe try to make some type of popular referendum as to if Crimea wanted to be part of Russia or Ukraine. Instead, they were invaded and, all of a sudden, they wanted to be Russian (or at least that is what the Russians, who ran the elections, have told us).

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks .I thought Alexander Vindman's testimony was scheduled for Friday morning.

Why do they want Jennifer Williams, Laura Cooper, David Hale, and Fiona Hill to talk publicly?

You're welcome! Apologies for the delayed response! I dash on and off here when I find the time and will sometimes miss alerts. Anyways! So yes! Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who serves as the director of European affairs at the National Security Council and listened in on the infamous call between Trump and Zelensky, is giving testimony about it today! My professor wrote this about him: Alexander Vindman should be celebrated, not smeared

Trump has instructed his base to parrot his "read the transcript!" slogan, even though it's not actually a transcript, but rather a summary manipulated to reshape the narrative. His ongoing subterfuge has also been to lead the public to believe the call represents the totality of the alarms raised about his conduct towards President Zelensky of Ukraine, a young leader in an intensely vulnerable position for numerous reasons. The most life-and-death one being that his country has been locked in a brutal struggle with its Russian-backed separatist adversaries, so the military aid was desperately needed. At least 13 Ukrainian soldiers died between mid-July and September when Bolton finally ordered the aid to be released, not due to Trump finally doing the right thing, but because there was no legal standing for it to continue to be withheld. Collectively, the witnesses have described an effort by Trump and his associates to pressure Zelensky to investigate former VP Biden and his son over a cray conspiracy theory being pushed by Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani. They're publicly giving testimony, under oath.

Jennifer Williams is VP Pence's top Russia adviser, and she listened to the July 25 call between Trump and Zelensky. Contemporaneous notes she took clearly show that Burisma was mentioned on the call, but was not included in the summary released by the White House. She can hold up the charred remains of Trump's pants that were set on fire by the claim that the transcript showed a "perfect" call.

Of all the witnesses who have testified, Trump called Williams out by name after her private testimony was released this weekend, thus defeating his intention to diminish her importance. In a venomous bite of spite he nonsensically declared her to be a "never-Trumper," his troll du jour, though she was personally hired by VP Pence's own National Security Advisor! She's devoted her entire professional life (following earning a degree in international securities studies from Georgetown and a MPA from Princeton) to serving the United States as a FSO.

She'll have a platform to rebut Trump's attacks. She can provide details about events both before and after that call to illuminate Trump's subversive personal political agenda. Such as insight on the decision for Pence to rescind his plans to attend Zelensky’s inauguration in May, a move that deprived Ukraine’s brand-new government of a high-profile statement of support from the United States, something it desperately covets in its efforts to push back on Russian aggression. She's stated that it's her understanding Trump ordered that Pence withdraw. The “three amigos,” the officials Trump appointed to conduct Ukraine policy outside the normal diplomatic channels, attended the inauguration instead of Pence........

She's already commented on how when she accompanied Pence to Poland in early September, they met on the sidelines of an event with Zelensky who directly asked Pence about the holdup of the $391 million in US military assistance for Ukraine, but can expand upon it today. Again, he was in dire need of the aid and that was conveyed.

I'm sleepy and this is long, so I'm rushing on the rest you asked about.

Laura Cooper is also a respected career FSO, a top Pentagon official overseeing Ukraine policy. She was the one testifying when Matt Gaetz and his brigade of lulz barged in. She's testifying about the Ukraine aid freeze and the conflicting reasons given....

David Hale is a State Department Official who repeatedly raised concerns about the undeserved, unhinged intimidation and smear campaigns against Ambassador Yovanovitch that he's stated lacked any credibility or validity. He's testified about how Pompeo spoke to Sean Hannity about her. It will be interesting to hear him expand......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope Alexander Vindman's testimony is not scheduled to begin in the morning because I will be at a vet appointment for my cat. If he is, thank God for online CNN replays.

....and C-SPAN.

Upvote 0