Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are so right, desmalia. Let's drop the labels and move forward. The one right I reserve is that if we are allowed to correct on another's doctrine, then I should be able correct somebody who isn't posting with love in their heart. Fair is fair.

That doesn't mean that people who aren't touchy feely have to get that way. I just don't think accusations of motive have any place with correction of doctrine.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You are so right, desmalia. Let's drop the labels and move forward. The one right I reserve is that if we are allowed to correct on another's doctrine, then I should be able correct somebody who isn't posting with love in their heart. Fair is fair.

That doesn't mean that people who aren't touchy feely have to get that way. I just don't think accusations of motive have any place with correction of doctrine.
I think I see what you're getting at... we can debate, discuss and correct one another. But accusing one another of posting without love (assuming their motive) is basically unproductive. Yes?

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You do have a point there. Accusations of any kind should be discouraged. But what do we do, then, when somebody is hurting people?
Probably the toughest thing of all. Stick to the issues at hand, remain calm, and don't post based on emotion. Take the high road, so to speak. If needed, use the report button. But that should be a last resort, not an immediate reaction.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nadine, I am here to do what it takes, but from IAR's posts, it seems pointless. My problem all along was how people were treated, members and visitors alike. I don't care if we have opposing doctrine. I do care about people. I came into this with the understanding that all sides were wrong. It has now turned into "I" am wrong and this is about y'all teaching me why. I don't get that nor did I agree to that. I think y'all have mistaken my willingness to admit to my own faults as stating that y'all are right. You were right that I was calling out a group of people, but that does not make you right on every count.

For example, Nadine, we have discussed how we treat those with false doctrine. I can almost agree with that to a point, but then when we have a non-believer come in with a cry for help and he is jumped on, (See the Sad thread), then, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground to mediate from.

I am afraid this was a mistake. For my part, I am indeed sorry. At the same time, I am not the CCC scapegoat either. I caused strife. So did you and so did IAR. I believe Des was simply hurt by it. I cannot recall Des doing anything except confronting me where I was wrong. I don't think Des attacked anyone here.

I cannot change "you". I can only work on myself. My opposition to what I see as poor treatment of unbelievers and brothers and sisters will be (to the best of my ability) done in a Godly manner from now on, but I will still oppose it as long as I have breath in my body or until God calls me away from it.

I do love you. I do not want to fight with anyone here. I will oppose anyone who causes division and hurts people.

Lisa
Lisa, I know who that poster is, and this is one of his tangents that I've seen him do before... if you notice, my very first post to him, I KINDLY answered his issues. Please see my FIRST post in his thread.
Then, notice his decline in the blame game against christians, making sure to include "ALL" of us are guilty of this.
It dawned on me who he was becuz I've seen this same attack in other sections months ago. That is what is behind my firmness after reading that he did in fact mean ALL Christians.

In another post he had made htere was a comment about how all us conservatives Bash gays & it's kool if these gays want to believe in God... yadda yadda.

I had a reason for the firm tone I took AFTER my initial kind and gentle post. So that's why that took place once I remembered the routine.

I never said or thought you were the CC "scapegoat", please remember, this was your idea to mediate and you named us specifically for this. I'm simply complying with YOUR request.
You are one of probly a large group here that heavily posts in the fellowship area and you guys share this same viewpoint - I/we've only asked that you fairly consider and understand why we don't have the same view and that we base it on scripture to just 1 certain group or type of people that have agendas that harm the body of Christ.

This problem came up weeks ago before any blowout - where we felt like we were being intimidated & chastized for not being like you guys - this is just escalated now.
That's how I view it.
We simply asked that instead of being chastized & reprimanded for seeing scripture warnings to divide from SOME (not all general lost - otherwise, we'd have to leave the planet) -- and that we are complying with God's word on not coddling & sitting in friendships with wolves or false teachers (whoever they may be).
2 John 9-11.

I don't care if you guys want to see it your way - just please understand and respect ours without hostility & intimidation. We should be able to operate as freely & equally as you who are different.

I guess that's all I could hope for here.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do have a point there. Accusations of any kind should be discouraged. But what do we do, then, when somebody is hurting people?
Matthew 18:15-17
15"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you have to be all sensible and everything? :p

You are right. It's just very hard for me to stand by and watch somebody else being hurt. But I guess I should reach out to them instead of automatically defending them.

It just messes with my sensibilities to let some people be jerks and get off scott free.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are one of probly a large group here that heavily posts in the fellowship area and you guys share this same viewpoint - I/we've only asked that you fairly consider and understand why we don't have the same view and that we base it on scripture to just 1 certain group or type of people that have agendas that harm the body of Christ.

I guess this is where my problem lies. We don't share the same views, but this isn't the fundamentalist forum. It seems to me that the fundamentalists are trying to mold this forum to be more like the fundamentalist one. Conservatives don't generally have the same problems with mixing that fundamentalists do. So, why should we be corrected and criticized all the time for doing it?

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess this is where my problem lies. We don't share the same views, but this isn't the fundamentalist forum. It seems to me that the fundamentalists are trying to mold this forum to be more like the fundamentalist one. Conservatives don't generally have the same problems with mixing that fundamentalists do. So, why should we be corrected and criticized all the time for doing it?

Agreed...this is not the fundamentalist forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think I see what you're getting at... we can debate, discuss and correct one another. But accusing one another of posting without love (assuming their motive) is basically unproductive. Yes?
kinda hard to prove motive... namely love - since discipline & rebuke also stem from a motivation of love from our NT writers & Jesus Himself.

I would NEVER say what Paul said, "if anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed". How radical can you get?! That's even beyond my scope.
I wouldn't of rebuked Simon in Acts (13?) like he did either - I saw no reason to even rebuke Simon for his mistake. Paul laid right into him. So.........
we have to be careful who we're reprimanding or finding "unloving" as a Christian.!!!
WE may just be quenching God's Spirit - working thru a believer [as His vessel] that God is speaking thru!!:doh: :o

The other issue is the loose term "love" today - it's often misunderstood or misused. We're to love GOD first & above all else. Our culture has shifted what real love is into just plain "being nice outwardly" while inwardly you seethe in hatred & vitriol.
Plus, only your real enemy gets the backlash of being treated badly -- people who hug all over _______________________[insert your buddies here of who you really do love & get along with in agreement] there friends & unsaved "in love" often viciously attack the opposing brothers & sisters as if they're wacko, ungodly monsters... "in the name of love" (love of someone else that is)....
Loving one group and treating another group like crap isn't true love for God's family. (on either side of the fencing)

It's real EASY to love people you have things in common with:hug: :hug: :hug: - the test of love is those you don't agree with etc. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that perhaps you may be questioning people's motives here?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well then, liberalistic conservative is conservative, and people who obey other scriptures on wolves & false teachers are "fundy's" and don't belong as conservatives?

I'd like to know how that is the definition of conservative??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm a member of this forum. Therefore, no, I will not if I feel moved to post.
Of course you have a "right" to post here. But can we ask you to please show a little respect instead of fanning the flame? Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a member of this forum. Therefore, no, I will not if I feel moved to post.
Fine, i'm out of here altogether.

This is not an OPEN thread as the OP has listed, but obviously everybody has to hop on board.

Enjoy the roast. :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course you have a "right" to post here. But can we ask you to please show a little respect instead of fanning the flame? Thanks. :)

Sorry if my post was considered "fanning the flames" but I do feel that Belinda's point that this is not simply the fundamentalist forum is a good one and gets to the heart of one of the many issues with this forum, the need for mediation, etc.

Besides, I find it a bit of a stretch that a single post in a 17 page thread is "fanning the flames."

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
and is Belinda now a part of this too?

Maybe we should take a roll call next:swoon:
I know, I know. This is why I felt the PM process would be better, with a mediator keeping it from getting out of hand. No peanut gallery! lol. None the less, Belinda's name has come up here, so I don't think it's unrealistic for her to be allowed to post regarding that. However, we do really need to try and focus on staying on track here.

How's the fire/wind situation for you today, Nadiine? Any improvement yet? :prayer:

Upvote 0