✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well, Lisa. We can talk to each other.

I actually thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess they were more interested in picking on you than actually reaching a solution. :sigh:
I do think that is an unfair accusation against our motives. No one came here to pick on Lisa, and I do find it really frustrating that you accuse us of that. However, that is your opinion, and Lisa has invited you to share it. So share away. I reserve the right to disagree with your personal assessment.

This whole thread began because we were all PMing and making some real progress, and it was assumed the next step would be to bring it into the public eye. I'm beginning to wonder if that was an error in judgment at such a delicate stage.

Lisa, thank you for clarifying your purpose for this thread. That was not clear to me from the OP. For the record I have already found it very difficult to try and keep some kind of productive middle ground in this. If it opens up to various pot shots all around I too will be unsubscribing.

Things may be taking a big turn now. So in advance of that I would like to say that I do appreciate the effort put in by each individual that has posted here. And Nadiine, I will continue to pray for you and your family as you fight for the safety of your family and your home. Take care of yourself, sister. :hug:

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Desmalia,
I feel like I can talk with you, and in your case, there is no wrong or charge against you. The hurt I caused you was one-sided and unjust. I trust you enough to go to PM to work things out. I am sorry, but I do not feel the same about Nadine or IAR.

I set up mediation and as I have explained, I never intended this thread to be "about me", but about all of us. You are likely the only innocent party in all of this. I can even go so far as to say that Belinda is not innocent in this. I doubt seriously that Belinda would disagree with that.

However, the problem seems to be that the repentance is one-sided. Nadine and IAR do not feel that they have done anything wrong and are not going to adjust their behavior according to the things I have read here.

I cannot force anyone to change and I am not going to spin my wheels trying to do that. I am a sinner and I need to concentrate on me not someone else.

Lisa

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said I was unsubscribing. That does not by any stretch mean that I am just going to allow you to continue to make these unrighteous judgments, without saying a word. I thought that Lisa and I via PM had made a lot of progress to open a door wide open for communication between us. Read my initial posts in this thread as well as my PM posts that Lisa posted here.

For you to say that there is no indication that I was interested wholeheartedly in this mediation is not only a mean-spirited thing to say, but it is completely false.

Not to mention, Nadiine also came here with the best intentions.

But you want to know what? I voted for Lisa as Mod, unfortunately I never knew there was a discussion thread, because if I had read, what she wrote way back then that has caused so much problems in this forum from the beginning and is still posting now, I know I wouldn't have.

Have a look see, Dejavu, since way back in July.

http://foru.ms/t5795984-discussion-thread-for-lisa0315-as-moderator.html

and I think she should receive an FSB for all of the trouble she has made here.

....and what I can tell, mostly all you have done since you have arrived is stir up trouble
and should probably also leave since you are decidedly not part of the solution,
but are most certainly part of the problem.

The only reason we are involved in any disputes with Lisa isn't over our doctrine or anything
it is because of her posts that directly attacked specific member groups of this forum as well as posts attacking
the entire Forum!

I guess when the worse thing you have ever done is cheat on a Sunday school paper as a child, you have earned
the right to throw stones. hmmm? (Substantiation for my comment <---click)

Actually, desmalia, you are the one person who I think was interested in reconciliation, besides Lisa. I'm not painting you with that particular brush.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, desmalia, you are the one person who I think was interested in reconciliation, besides Lisa. I'm not painting you with that particular brush.
I appreciate that. I do. But please understand that I consider Nadiine and IAR to be dear sisters. So when that brush gets painted, it applies to me as much as it does to them. We may each have different conversational styles, but our motives are very much the same. If you doubt their character or integrity, you best doubt mine as well. But if you respect mine, please try to consider the possibility of doing the same for them.

Lisa, I agree that you and I don't have anything specific left to reconcile as that was basically worked out in our PM's prior to this thread. And I do appreciate you calling me "innocent" but I will wear no such title :sorry:. I'm just doing what I can with what I have, like everyone else here.

I want to strongly encourage you to enter a PM mediation with someone that you can all agree on (and who has the time) to work this out. Perhaps it could be you, Belinda, IAR and Nadiine so that you won't feel so outnumbered. (I don't know... Just throwing that out there).

For goodness sakes, this thing has so much potential to be a cat fight that it looks like even Julio is afraid to jump in the mix! ^_^ :p Never thought I'd see the day......

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The difference between you and them is that you are willing to admit you might have done something wrong. Nevermind that Nadiine sent me from the computer crying yesterday, she is completely innocent of anything. I'm sorry. The repentance just isn't there.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Edited
I said I was unsubscribing. That does not by any stretch mean that I am just going to allow you to continue to make these unrighteous judgments, without saying a word. I thought that Lisa and I via PM had made a lot of progress to open a door wide open for communication between us. Read my initial posts in this thread as well as my PM posts that Lisa posted here.

For you to say that there is no indication that I was interested wholeheartedly in this mediation is not only a mean-spirited thing to say, but it is completely false.

Not to mention, Nadiine also came here with the best intentions.

But you want to know what? I voted for Lisa as Mod, unfortunately I never knew there was a discussion thread, because if I had read, what she wrote way back then that has caused so much problems in this forum from the beginning and is still posting now, I know I wouldn't have.

Have a look see, Dejavu, since way back in July.

http://foru.ms/t5795984-discussion-thread-for-lisa0315-as-moderator.html

and I think she should receive an FSB for all of the trouble she has made here.

....and what I can tell, mostly all you have done since you have arrived is stir up trouble
and should probably also leave since you are decidedly not part of the solution,
but are most certainly part of the problem.

The only reason we are involved in any disputes with Lisa isn't over our doctrine or anything
it is because of her posts that directly attacked specific member groups of this forum as well as posts attacking
the entire Forum!

I guess when the worse thing you have ever done is cheat on a Sunday school paper as a child, you have earned
the right to throw stones. hmmm? (Substantiation for my comment <---click)

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please post anything false I have ever preached or any false agenda I have ever been on here. I have been open and upfront with everyone here, and I have always spoken the truth. It is those with the forked tongues you have to watch out for.

This post needs to go!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Jim. Now I am going to kindly ask you to step out of this thread as this is a thread
for those named in the OP. We've been pretty patient for the most part, and I have said nothing
personally yet to anyone, but I am going to have to insist now that we are getting some
long interjections from non-members, that you would please not post any more in
this thread.

Thank you and God bless.

:eek: oh sorry, old age~attention span:doh: got in the middle of a thread w/o looking at the OP closely.

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh okay Jim, no problem. Sorry 'bout that. :sorry:
I am glad however that it wasn't intentional.
The way my settings are I see the last post first, so like Nadiine oftentimes, I don't see the OP right off the bat either. :o

:eek: oh sorry, old age~attention span:doh: got in the middle of a thread w/o looking at the OP closely.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
From how this thread has developed I noticed that there has been very little progress. Instead I see more dissension.

Lisa, I wanted to state that I love you as a sister in Christ. But there is some issues that brothers and sisters will not agree on. I think this thread is proof of that so I will say I no longer wish to "reconcile." This does not mean I will not fellowship or be apart of this forum along with everyone here but it means I see no mutual ground to hold. Also recognize that if I see something I disagree with I will point out even if it is something you support. I would do that with everyone even the people I am closer in this website like Nadiine. Again, please don't take it as an attack or as if I hold a grudge against you, it clearly isn't. I just don't see any of these threads solving anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums