Will we reap what we are sowing - pitchforks and torches?

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just watched some video of The Donald's rally in Green Bay Monday night. There were several amazing and frightening moments, such as:

A Trump supporter happily stating that if Hillary is elected he and others will have to "take her out" in whatever way they can. When asked if he was saying he would assassinate a President, he didn't disclaim it.

Another supporter said that if Hillary is elected there will be a revolution, as they can't let Hillary be the President.

At a recent Trump rally in Cincinnati another interviewee said the same thing: take Hillary out, do whatever is necessary to stop her from being President.

Then we have a guy named David Clarke, the Sheriff of Milwaukee County, a totally urban area. But this guy constantly wears a cowboy hat, like he is patrolling the vast expanses of the American West looking for cattle rustlers and horse thieves. In Green Bay this guy says first that he is sworn to uphold the laws of our country and the Constitution. In the very next breath he repeats what he tweeted a few days back, that it is time for "pitchforks and torches". He apparently sees no contradiction between those two statements, made seconds apart. My assumption is that he is playing to the crowd and to The Donald in order to get a job in the Trump White House.

I have to believe that the Secret Service is being kept very busy interviewing and checking out these people who make statements advocating violence against a President or Presidential candidate before the cameras. What is happening here? Are they that stupid?

We should not be shocked that a Republican campaign office in North Carolina was bombed. I would not be surprised to learn of more violent acts and of more talk of anarchy and revolution. I fear for the safety of both Presidential candidates and even of other candidates for office who take positions contrary to what the rabble want to hear.

I can see this situation only deteriorating further, and I am concerned about election day and inauguration day.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is inciting anger and violence by his words and actions, most recently by convincing his supporters the election is rigged.

Supposedly his son is in negotiations to open up a Trump TV Network when he is defeated so that he will be able to continue to incite hatred and violence and subvert our democracy.

All I can say is "May it lead to his seventh bankruptcy!"

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump is inciting anger and violence by his words and actions, most recently by convincing his supporters the election is rigged.

Supposedly his son is in negotiations to open up a Trump TV Network when he is defeated so that he will be able to continue to incite hatred and violence and subvert our democracy.

All I can say is "May it lead to his seventh bankruptcy!"

LOL...I want to refute this....but so funny....lol....rumors and more rumors, begat more rumors with no substantial facts....love this...

I'm not even a fan of trumps...but don't believe this. Oh I agree he thinks that they could be rigged....guess what...Hillary said the same thing...she believes its the Russians....LOL....Please...it hurts to laugh this hard....please...common sense step in.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone ever think this whole election is SO ridiculous ... it almost seems it would have to be a script to run like this?

Where it leads those who believe everything - on either side - is cause for concern.

I'm not much one for conspiracy theories. I just have to wonder who is writing the script. If it were Satan, I'm not surprised. If it were God, then everything is in His hands anyway and no need to worry. If it were a man, then his agenda ... is very questionable. If it is two opposing sides if men, then see below.

It's difficult to believe we've sunk to such a low. But then again, perhaps not. Look at society's ills in general. Maybe things really ARE this bad, and it's just the US election process now. God help us if that is true. The founding fathers and everyone who has ever fought and died for this country would be appalled, and I am ashamed of it.

• Agree
Reactions: s_gunter
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just glad I live in Canada.
When Trump was nominated I joked about taking a trip to Canada or elsewhere for the duration. Become a refugee from insanity and stupidity, as it were. Now I wouldn't be joking. Checking out Costs Rica.

Trump needs to have an excuse liked a rigged election in order to protect his ego from the realization that he may lose. When traveling recently I saw a billboard that claimed Trump is the only person who can save America? The ONLY person? And Trump by himself, alone? I have never heard any politician or office holder say that they were the only one who could fix all the problems and make everything better. Except in totalitarian regimes. Watch out America.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
When Trump was nominated I joked about taking a trip to Canada or elsewhere for the duration. Become a refugee from insanity and stupidity, as it were. Now I wouldn't be joking. Checking out Costs Rica.

Trump needs to have an excuse liked a rigged election in order to protect his ego from the realization that he may lose. When traveling recently I saw a billboard that claimed Trump is the only person who can save America? The ONLY person? And Trump by himself, alone? I have never heard any politician or office holder say that they were the only one who could fix all the problems and make everything better. Except in totalitarian regimes. Watch out America.

We've got plenty of room. Come on up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One thing with the idea of moving to Canada or something if Trump wins is that desirable countries generally have criteria for immigration that you may or may not meet. For example, when Bush won re-election in 2004, at that time Canada was requiring that you had a job lined up in Canada, a year's worth of pay in your bank account, and a few other things to legally immigrate. Of course, it'd be relatively easy to sneak across the Canadian border as undocumented worker, but I'm speaking of doing things by the book.

The reason Americans were able to immigrate to Canada in large numbers during the Vietnam War was because they were requesting political asylum, making them refugees, due to their opposition to the war and the potential that they would be drafted to fight and perhaps die if they didn't head north. With political asylum, you just have to show that you're in danger in your home country, generally, and if they agree in the country you're going to, they generally will give you residency there

To duplicate that, Trump would have to do something that would cause the Canadian government to recognize certain groups here as eligible for political asylum. Like if Trump started persecuting a minority group or jailing political dissents or something, and you could show that you are one and in danger if you stayed in the USA. Even something where he was just denying you human rights like freedom of speech might work.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Trump was elected, it wouldn't be hard to get into Canada under political asylum, if you're anyone other than a wealthy, white, Christian male based on things Trump's already said. Trudeau might be progressive/liberal enough to back-track some exceptions. Remember, Canada did promise to not accept US refugees wishing to avoid being forced to serve in the military in a perceived (by the potential refugee) unjust war after Vietnam. That could get back-tracked...

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm not really sure I understand this whole assassinate the president guff.
They do understand it wouldn't trigger an election right?
Even if it did, who would vote in favour of any candidate seen as remotely involved/sympathetic with an assassination?

Or do they specifically hate Clinton, but not Kaine or any other Democrats?
Unless they somehow pull off some kind of militia take over of DC against the most powerful military on earth it all seems very pointless/ignorant of politics.

It's angry people getting angry and lashing out.
Lets try and keep in mind that such folk are likely/hopefully a small/tiny minority.

Upvote 0