Will there be any need for money in heaven?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By "money", I mean some form of currency unit for capitalism. I don't think there will be any need for this kind of capitalistic money.

Matthew 6:
24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Luke 12:
33 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

1 Timothy 6:
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Revelation 21:
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

In heaven, I don't think there will be any need for capitalistic money. However, for exchanging goods and services, there may be some form of recording unit, perhaps digital.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In heaven, I don't think there will be any need for capitalistic money. However, for exchanging goods and services, there may be some form of recording unit, perhaps digital.
recording unit, like recording favors owed?? Nah, doubt it.

Money is needed to exchange labor & goods for other labor & goods, mostly because a person can not do everything they need in life once their standard of living gets past a certain level & also because a person can't have all the skills & knowledge the need or the resources.
I imagine that in Heaven, new earth etc, we will all have much more knowledge and the time to gain any skill or knowledge we desire and resources will be plentiful.

To that extent, if a person is not concerned with the time taken, they will be able to do build &/or make most things they need.
So as an example only, if in Heaven i build a factory to produce sports cars, people may choose them over designing and building their own.

So perhaps there may be currency, who knows.

Its also possible that technology will be so advanced that all i need to do is create the design for the car, ie engineering drawings etc and a very sophisticated 3D machine builds it for whoever wants one, i imagine resources will be plentiful.

To that extent I may be more than happy to give my design away as i would want to see people driving my car around

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt