Will There Be A Future Temple Rebuilt In Jerusalem, Scripture Suggest There Will Be?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prophesy of the destruction of the temple was delivered by Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You can find it in Matthew 24.
Blessings.
I'm fully aware of Matthew 24:2 and the words spoken by Jesus, and they were given full interpretation in John 2:18-22 below

Jesus stood with the pharisees observing the literal temple in Jerusalem, of course Jesus stated "Destroy This Temple" and of course it wasn't the literal temple in Jerusalem, it was the temple of his body

Jesus Christ spoke of a symbolic destruction of the Temple seen, and the Temple destroyed was his literal body as scripture clearly teaches below

"Destroy This Temple" as Jesus and the Pharisees viewed the temple that took 46 years to build

Interpretation: But he spake of the temple of his body

"Yes" Reformed Preterist Eschatology in 66-70AD fulfillment, would be found in the court of the Pharisees literal interpretation

Once Again, 66-70AD Jerusalems destruction had absolutely "Nothing" to do with fulfillment of Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, or Luke Chapter 21

John 2:18-22KJV
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm fully aware of Matthew 24:2 and the words spoken by Jesus, and they were given full interpretation in John 2:18-22 below

Jesus stood with the pharisees observing the literal temple in Jerusalem, of course Jesus stated "Destroy This Temple" and of course it wasn't the literal temple in Jerusalem, it was the temple of his body

Jesus Christ spoke of a symbolic destruction of the Temple seen, and the Temple destroyed was his literal body as scripture clearly teaches below

"Destroy This Temple" as Jesus and the Pharisees viewed the temple that took 46 years to build

"Yes" Reformed Preterist Eschatology in 66-70AD fulfillment, would be found in the court of the Pharisees literal interpretation

Once Again, 66-70AD Jerusalems destruction had absolutely "Nothing" to do with fulfillment of Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, or Luke Chapter 21

18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Except that He was speaking to His Apostels/ Disciples, not the Pharisees.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will not be a physical temple built in physical Israel.
There will be the rebuilding of the physical temple in Jerusalem.
There is no other way for the Antichrist to sit in the temple unless there is a temple in Jerusalem to sit in.
The real temple (sanctuary) is in heaven .... and always has been.
Talk of God's saints stayng in Heaven forever is a defeat to God's plan.
Satan mocks the thought of there being no place ON EARTH for His saints.

The number of Christians not realizing that the battle between God and His enemy is over the EARTH is suprising.
If we think we must reliquish the earth to the enemy we do not understand that it is the earth the meek will inherit. (Matt. 5:5)
It is His will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven.
It is "Thy kingdom come" rather than "Thy kingdom go."
The earthly temples served as an example of how the plan of salvation would be accomplished .... through Jesus. Everything needed for salvation was accomplished at the cross by Jesus.
That is very ture. It has nothing to do though with God wanting the saved to live in Heaven forever.
Christ accomplishing everything on the cross doesn't mean the saints relinquish the earth for going to heaven forever.
Jesus is our High Priest and ministers from the real temple in heaven (the heavenly sanctuary) .... we are awaiting His return to take us home.
If you want to live in Heaven forever you will be looking DOWN at the New Jerusalem descending away from you on its way to the earth.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more.
And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Rev. 21:1,2)

Did you see that? The final consummate city of God descending from heaven "coming down out of heaven from God".
What a victory to God. And what a total defeat to Satan.

Philippians 3:20-21

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.
That New Jerusalem is a symbolic representation of ALL of God's redeemed transformed, glorified, resurrected, conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son, built up together into a corporate dwelling place of God. And she comes down out of heaven to the earth.

Out citizenship is in heaven means the Source and Origin of our citizenship is in Heaven. But in the new heaven and new earth this living temple city of all the saints built uo together comes down to the earth.

He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Rev. 3:12)

Did you see that? She "descends out of heaven from My God"

Hebrews 11:16

But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.
The Source and Origin and nature of the city of God is from heaven.
There is a new heaven and A NEW EARTH in eternity.
If there were no need left for the earth then God would not bother to make the earth a new earth.
And into this new earth in this new universe the New Jerusalem whose source is from God in heaven is the capital.

Christians should stop talking about "going to heaven" so much.
Christians should realize that talk of going to heaven forever is a sign of God being defeated.
For He created the earth for His kingdom.

If by "going to heaven" they actually mean arriving at a new heaven and a new earth, then that is better.

There is no denying that the climax of God's salvation is revealed as:
1. ) descends out of heaven from My God (Rev. 3:12)
2. ) coming down out of heaven from God (Rev. 21:2)

And the Apostle Peter speaks of a new heaven and new EARTH in which righteousness dwells.

But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. (2 Pet. 3:13)

It is not just a Heaven in which righteousness dwells.
It is new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
The church is the house of God.
And in John Jesus is speaking of preparing a place in God, in His Father for His redeemed.
He is not speaking of preparing a place in Heaven but a place in the Triune God.

In His Father's house are not ONE abode - Himself.
If that were the case He would have told us so.
Through His death and resurrection He prepares a way for man to be where He is - as many abodes in the house of the Father.

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.
In My Father’s house are many abodes; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be. (John 14:1-3)

He went to the cross to accomplish eternal redemption.
This prepared a way for man to be in God and God to be in man for a mutual habitation of God in spirit, the church and ultimately the New Jersusalem.

The plural word "ABODES" in "In My Father’s house are many abodes" has its singular form in verse 23.
There He says that He and His Father (as the Spirit) will come and make an ABODE with His lover.

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him. (v.23)

Therefore the many abodes when the Triune God has taken up residence within each of His lovers TOGETHER constitute the many abodes
in the house of the Father.

I it were not so Jesus would have told us so. He would have said that ONLY HE could be one in whom the Father lives and He lives in the Father. Through going to Calvary to accomplish eternal redemption He prepared a place for us who believe in Him.

In the end all the built up and glorified redeemed may be with Him where He is - thoroughly in the Father and the Father in them.
This was His mighty petition to the Father in John 17. The answer in full to this prayer is the New Jerusalem the living temple of God.

Father, concerning that which You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:24)

The truth is the Word of God .... those who do not study and adhere to its teachings, choose their own ways, delight in them and
are an abomination and the Lord will give them over to their delusional thinking of which there are many (many are deceived) by false teachings and/or self deception (not understanding or ignoring) the plain truth of His Word.

Everyone should study scripture for themselves and pray for understanding.

Amen.
It is time to graduate in revelation from the superficial thought of "going to heaven" forever.
The eternal plan of God is to build the Triune God into man and man into Himself for a corporate expression of the mingling of divinity and humanity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48. Jesus will establish new temple. Revelation chapter 11, the current temple is marked for destruction, when antichrist sits in temple claiming to be God. Second thessalonians chapter 2 document antichrist is son of perdition.

Reactions: oikonomia
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Do you believe in a future literal human man that will fulfill Daniel's (Little Horn) Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast)?

Please Explain?
No. He was the 8th head of the Ronan Empire and noth of the others were individuals but a succession, so what makes you think that the 8th will be different?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48. Jesus will establish new temple. Revelation chapter 11, the current temple is marked for destruction, when antichrist sits in temple claiming to be God. Second thessalonians chapter 2 document antichrist is son of perdition.

Many Claim Ezekiel Chapters 40-46, Represents A Future Temple In A Millennium On Earth, Is This True?​

As clearly shown, Ezekiel Chapter 43 showed the temple "Pattern" to the House of Israel in the Babylonian Captivity let "Them" measure, Ezekiel was instructed to write the ordinances and law in "Their" sight, that "They" keep them, not some future generation as many "Falsely" claim

The temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is nothing more than the 2nd Zerubbabel Temple built 536BC after the Babylonian Captivity, where animal sacrifice for "Sin" was was instructed by "God", prior to the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary, don't be deceived

Ezekiel 43:10-11 & 19-21KJV
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 Is The Eternal Kingdom, Dont Be Deceived​

Ezekiel Below Is (The Eternal Kingdom) Same River And Tree Of life, Same Fruit On The Tree, Same Leaves Of The Tree For Healing/Medicine, Same Gates Of New Jerusalem With The Names Of The 12 Tribes Of Israel

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Eternal "New Jerusalem"

Ezekiel 48:31KJV

31 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi.

Revelation 21:12KJV
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no other way for the Antichrist to sit in the temple unless there is a temple in Jerusalem to sit in.

Talk of God's saints stayng in Heaven forever is a defeat to God's plan.
Satan mocks the thought of there being no place ON EARTH for His saints.

The number of Christians not realizing that the battle between God and His enemy is over the EARTH is suprising.
If we think we must reliquish the earth to the enemy we do not understand that it is the earth the meek will inherit. (Matt. 5:5)
It is His will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven.
It is "Thy kingdom come" rather than "Thy kingdom go."

That is very ture. It has nothing to do though with God wanting the saved to live in Heaven forever.
Christ accomplishing everything on the cross doesn't mean the saints relinquish the earth for going to heaven forever.

If you want to live in Heaven forever you will be looking DOWN at the New Jerusalem descending away from you on its way to the earth.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more.
And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Rev. 21:1,2)

Did you see that? The final consummate city of God descending from heaven "coming down out of heaven from God".

That New Jerusalem is a symbolic representation of ALL of God's redeemed transformed, glorified, resurrected, conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son, built up together into a corporate dwelling place of God. And she comes down out of heaven to the earth.

Out citizenship is in heaven means the Source and Origin of our citizenship is in Heaven. But in the new heaven and new earth this living temple city of all the saints built uo together comes down to the earth.

He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Rev. 3:12)

Did you see that? She "descends out of heaven from My God"

The Source and Origin and nature of the city of God is from heaven.
There is a new heaven and A NEW EARTH in eternity.
If there were no need left for the earth then God would not bother to make the earth a new earth.
And into this new earth in this new universe the New Jerusalem whose source is from God in heaven is the capital.

Christians should realize that talk of going to heaven forever is a sign of God being defeated.
For He created the earth for His kingdom.

If by "going to heaven" they actually mean arriving at a new heaven and a new earth, then that is better.

There is no denying that the climax of God's salvation is revealed as:
1. ) descends out of heaven from My God (Rev. 3:12)
2. ) coming down out of heaven from God (Rev. 21:2)

And the Apostle Peter speaks of a new heaven and new EARTH in which righteousness dwells.

But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. (2 Pet. 3:13)

It is not just a Heaven in which righteousness dwells.
It is new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

And in John Jesus is speaking of preparing a place in God, in His Father for His redeemed.
He is not speaking of preparing a place in Heaven but a place in the Triune God.

In His Father's house are not ONE abode - Himself.
If that were the case He would have told us so.
Through His death and resurrection He prepares a way for man to be where He is - as many abodes in the house of the Father.

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.
In My Father’s house are many abodes; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be. (John 14:1-3)

He went to the cross to accomplish eternal redemption.
This prepared a way for man to be in God and God to be in man for a mutual habitation of God in spirit, the church and ultimately the New Jersusalem.

The plural word "ABODES" in "In My Father’s house are many abodes" has its singular form in verse 23.
There He says that He and His Father (as the Spirit) will come and make an ABODE with His lover.

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him. (v.23)

Therefore the many abodes when the Triune God has taken up residence within each of His lovers TOGETHER constitute the many abodes
in the house of the Father.

I it were not so Jesus would have told us so. He would have said that ONLY HE could be one in whom the Father lives and He lives in the Father. Through going to Calvary to accomplish eternal redemption He prepared a place for us who believe in Him.

In the end all the built up and glorified redeemed may be with Him where He is - thoroughly in the Father and the Father in them.
This was His mighty petition to the Father in John 17. The answer in full to this prayer is the New Jerusalem the living temple of God.

Father, concerning that which You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:24)

Amen.
It is time to graduate in revelation from the superficial thought of "going to heaven" forever.
The eternal plan of God is to build the Triune God into man and man into Himself for a corporate expression of the mingling of divinity and humanity.
I didn't say we stay in heaven forever (nor meant to imply it) .... when Jesus returns we go to heaven for 1,000 years .... but that is not the full end.
After the
full end .... God will create a new heaven and earth and God will establish His kingdom on earth and we will live on the new earth with Him.

The real sanctuary (temple) is in heaven and is where Jesus ministers from and will continue to do so until He returns.

There are religious leaders who claim to be the voice or take the place of God here on earth.

Sitting in the temple of god (figurative) claiming to be god ….. is figurative and not a physical temple …. that is …. the antichrist claiming the prerogatives of God

Believers are referred to as being the temple of God (spiritual temple)

This OT promise of rebuilding was fulfilled. The first temple was destroyed by Nubuchadnezzar when the Israelites were taken into captivity. It was rebuilt by Herod and stood during the time of Jesus.

All NT references to temples are spiritual or refer to our bodies, or Christ.

Nowhere does the Bible state or refer to a third physical temple to be built.

Orthodox jews believe this because they do not believe Jesus as Messiah.

It’s quite odd actually the OT jews expected God to come back as a conqueror destroying all their enemies, but instead He came as a babe and our savior to open a pathway back to Him. Today’s jews (and many christians) believe He will return and rule on current earth … and no …. He returns as the great conqueror (full power and glory) … destroying all His enemies , He accomplished everything needed for salvation at the cross …. no reason for Him to rule on present earth …. it’s a done deal. He will physically rule on the new earth that He will create.

Believers have a spiritual relationship with the Lord until He returns and ends this earthly mess.

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

Matthew 24 is a continuation of Chapter 23. He told the Pharisees that their house (the temple) would be left desolate. Why? Because their fathers had killed the prophets He had sent to them and they would fill up the measure of their fathers by killing him.

Jesus and his disciples left the temple and went to the mount of Olives. Looking back, the disciples saw the temple and its majesty and wondered how it could be? They drew to the Lord's attention the magnificent stones and their size and wondered if He could be serious. Jesus told them that when they saw the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel, Luke tells us that it was when they saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. Believers I
In the city and neighbourhood saw it and fled according to instructions. If the abomination of desolation was in the temple then no one would see it. So saying "When you see" would be meaningless.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

You keep saying Reformed Preterist theology. But reformed and preterist are vastly different, Preterism has more to do with Futurism as they both were products of Jesuits to cover the fact that the Pope is Antichrist. They both deny that Revelation has anything to do with the church. When in fact it is a history written in advance of the church and its persecutions and triumphs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I didn't say we stay in heaven forever (nor meant to imply it) .... when Jesus returns we go to heaven for 1,000 years .... but that is not the full end.
After the
full end .... God will create a new heaven and earth and God will establish His kingdom on earth and we will live on the new earth with Him.

The real sanctuary (temple) is in heaven and is where Jesus ministers from and will continue to do so until He returns.

There are religious leaders who claim to be the voice or take the place of God here on earth.

Sitting in the temple of god (figurative) claiming to be god ….. is figurative and not a physical temple …. that is …. the antichrist claiming the prerogatives of God

Believers are referred to as being the temple of God (spiritual temple)

This OT promise of rebuilding was fulfilled. The first temple was destroyed by Nubuchadnezzar when the Israelites were taken into captivity. It was rebuilt by Herod and stood during the time of Jesus.

All NT references to temples are spiritual or refer to our bodies, or Christ.

Nowhere does the Bible state or refer to a third physical temple to be built.

Orthodox jews believe this because they do not believe Jesus as Messiah.

It’s quite odd actually the OT jews expected God to come back as a conqueror destroying all their enemies, but instead He came as a babe and our savior to open a pathway back to Him. Today’s jews (and many christians) believe He will return and rule on current earth … and no …. He returns as the great conqueror (full power and glory) … destroying all His enemies , He accomplished everything needed for salvation at the cross …. no reason for Him to rule on present earth …. it’s a done deal. He will physically rule on the new earth that He will create.

Believers have a spiritual relationship with the Lord until He returns and ends this earthly mess.
So if believers go to heaven for 100 years, where is Jesus and what is going on in earth.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep saying Reformed Preterist theology. But reformed and preterist are vastly different, Preterism has more to do with Futurism as they both were products of Jesuits to cover the fact that the Pope is Antichrist. They both deny that Revelation has anything to do with the church. When in fact it is a history written in advance of the church and its persecutions and triumphs.
Reformed eschatology is preterist in the fact that it teaches Daniel's AOD and the great tribulation have already taken place, many claim in Jerusalems destruction in 70AD

The Bible teaches the events mentioned are future unfilled

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Reformed eschatology is preterist in the fact that it teaches Daniel's AOD and the great tribulation have already taken place, many claim in Jerusalems destruction in 70AD

The Bible teaches the events mentioned are future unfilled
Reformed eschatology is the same as pre reformation eschatology, continues on from Early church teaching. The Roman empire wouul be taken out of the way.. it was partly when Constantine moved the seat to the east, because he knew that Antichrist would be head of the Roman Empire and was worried it would be him.

It would be succeeded by 10 kings. Fulfilled when Justianian abdicated in favour of the 10 gothic kings.

Out of those 10 kings came the little horn speaking great things against God. Fulfilled in the papacy.

The little horn would tear out 3 of the horns. Fulfilled when the papal agents defeated 3 of those kings and created the Papal States which lasted till 1870 when Victor Emanuel took all of Italy leaving the Pope only his palace. This lasted till 1829.

The independent state of Vatican City, on the other hand, came into existence on 11 February 1929 by the Lateran Treaty between the Holy See and Italy, which spoke of it as a new creation, not as a vestige of the much larger Papal States (756–1870), which had previously encompassed much of Central Italy.
Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reformed eschatology is the same as pre reformation eschatology, continues on from Early church teaching. The Roman empire wouul be taken out of the way.. it was partly when Constantine moved the seat to the east, because he knew that Antichrist would be head of the Roman Empire and was worried it would be him.

It would be succeeded by 10 kings. Fulfilled when Justianian abdicated in favour of the 10 gothic kings.

Out of those 10 kings came the little horn speaking great things against God. Fulfilled in the papacy.

The little horn would tear out 3 of the horns. Fulfilled when the papal agents defeated 3 of those kings and created the Papal States which lasted till 1870 when Victor Emanuel took all of Italy leaving the Pope only his palace. This lasted till 1829.

The independent state of Vatican City, on the other hand, came into existence on 11 February 1929 by the Lateran Treaty between the Holy See and Italy, which spoke of it as a new creation, not as a vestige of the much larger Papal States (756–1870), which had previously encompassed much of Central Italy.
Wikipedia
I'm fully aware of reformed preterist eschatology

The little horn is a future human man and he will be a Jew/Hebrew in decent

Rome isn't the harlot mystery Babylon the great, Jerusalem is the great city the Harlot

Daniel's AOD and the great tribulation are future events unfulfilled

If you have a desire, I will be more than happy to prove these claims through scripture?

Jesus Is The Lord

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟189,712.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a rebuilt house/temple dedicated to God by the Jews, with renewed animal sacrifice, this will be an "Abomonation" to the Lord and the cross of Calvary, God will send them a strong delusion

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11KJV
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
If the strong delusion has anything to do with God's Temple, then the strong delusion is that the temple being referred to by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is a physical temple in Jerusalem.

When Paul wrote his letters to the churches at Corinth, Ephesus and Thessaloniki, he used the word hierón in reference to the temple in Jerusalem (which was still standing) in 1 Corinthians 9:13.

However Paul consistently used the word naós when speaking about the bodies of individual Christians, and the congregations of Christians as the tabernacle (temple) of God (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; and Ephesians 2:21-22).

So if he was referring to a physical, man-made structure in Jerusalem in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 when talking about the man of sin seating himself up in the sanctuary of God, there is no reason why Paul would not use the word hierón, but he did not - instead he used the word naos.

[Strongs Greek Dictionary] 02411 (English: Temple)
ἱερόν hierón, hee-er-on' neuter of 2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts, whereas 3485 [naós] denotes the central sanctuary itself (of the Temple in Jerusalem, or elsewhere).

In the New Testament, the word used for the entire temple complex in Jerusalem is hierón, but the word naós is only used in the gospels in reference to the actual sanctuary of God in the temple complex in Jerusalem. Only once in the New Testament is naós NOT referring to the sanctuary of God: Acts 19:24.

The last time that the New Testament uses the word naós in reference to the temple in Jerusalem, is in the verses in the Gospels which tell about the tearing of the veil between that holy place / holy of holies, which occurred when Jesus died on the cross.

After the verses talking about the tearing of the veil in the temple, the first time the word naos is used again, is in Acts:

Acts 7:48a
But, the Most High does not dwell in temples (Greek: naos) made with hands.

After the book of Acts, naos is only used in reference to the church & the temple in heaven:-

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21:21; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15; Revelation 11:1-2; Revelation 11:19; Revelation 14:15 & Revelation 14:17; Revelation 15:5-6 & Revelation 15:8; Revelation 16:1 & Revelation 16:17; Revelation 21:22.

In Revelation 11:1-2 the word used for temple is naos, and the holy city of Revelation 11:1-2 is not talking about Babylon the Great, nor the city spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, nor the cities of the nations that fell when the seventh bowl was poured out (the only other cities mentioned in the Revelation) - the holy city of the Revelation is identified as New Jerusalem in Revelation 21:2; Revelation 21:10; and Revelation 22:19.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wikipedia
(Jerusalem) Is The harlot, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven Mount city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jerusalem (The Woman) that (Great City) as seen below, Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified

(Revelation) 17:18AKJV

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

(Revelation) 11:8AKJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Jews/Hebrews cast dust upon their heads, weeping for the (Great City) Jerusalem

(Revelation) 18:19 AKJV

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟189,712.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You contradict your own statement above by the next thing you say:
The second statement is the correct one - and the rest of the New Testament after the verses talking about the tearing of the veil shows it, because the Greek word used for the physical temple in Jerusalem is hieron, but in the gospels, the Greek uses the word naos in reference to its holy place/holy of holies:

ἱερόν hierón, hee-er-on' neuter of 2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts, whereas 3485 [naós] denotes the central sanctuary itself (of the Temple in Jerusalem, or elsewhere).

The last time that the New Testament uses the word naós in reference to the temple in Jerusalem, is in the verses in the Gospels which tell about the tearing of the veil between that holy place / holy of holies, which occurred when Jesus died on the cross.

After the verses talking about the tearing of the veil in the temple, the first time the word naos is used again, is in Acts:

After the book of Acts, naos is only used in reference to the church & the temple in heaven:-

Note: When Paul wrote his letters to the churches at Corinth, Ephesus and Thessaloniki, he used the word hierón in reference to the temple in Jerusalem (which was still standing) in 1 Corinthians 9:13.

However Paul consistently used the word naós when speaking about the bodies of individual Christians, and the congregations of Christians as the tabernacle (temple) of God (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; and Ephesians 2:21-22).

So if he was referring to a physical, man-made structure in Jerusalem in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 when talking about the man of sin seating himself up in the sanctuary of God, there is no reason why Paul would not use the word hierón, but he did not - instead he used the word naos.

See the rest of this in post #35 in this thread.

The rest of what you said in the parts I quoted below, I agree 100% with:

Christians should realize that talk of going to heaven forever is a sign of God being defeated. For He created the earth for His kingdom.

The only reason why we "go to heaven" when we die is because we are in heaven now:

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us, even us being dead in sins, He has
(A) [syzōopoiéō] quickened together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And

(B) has raised us up together [synegeírō] *, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-6).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

This is because, as you said, Jesus promised the following reality for those who believe in Him:

"Yet a little while and the world does not see Me any more. But you see Me. Because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:19-20).

Nevertheless before our own bodily resurrection, those who have died in Christ will not be found in heaven in a body (the way Jesus is), but Christ is risen, and so we groan and will groan, waiting for the resurrection of the body.

Are they going to live in their bodies and reign with Christ in heaven for a thousand years following the resurrection?

No. The New Heavens and New Earth will come down from heaven and the thousand years will commence at the same time. There is a lot that has been overlooked by almost all pre-millennialists.

A lot of scripture has been overlooked by pre-millennialists, and the meaning of a lot of others has been changed by a-millennialists to make scripture comply with amillennialism, or often they simply ignore any scripture that refutes amillennialism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I'm fully aware of reformed preterist eschatology

The little horn is a future human man and he will be a Jew/Hebrew in decent

Rome isn't the harlot mystery Babylon the great, Jerusalem is the great city the Harlot

Daniel's AOD and the great tribulation are future events unfulfilled

If you have a desire, I will be more than happy to prove these claims through scripture?

Jesus Is The Lord
You can't prove them because you are wrong. You only have to read the 3 gospel accounts carefully and you will see that the abomination of desolation was the Roman armies surrounding Jerusalem. As I showed in my last post, my understanding of Prophecy is the historic from the early church and continual historic in that it is history written in advance. It sustained the saints and martyrs throughout the dark ages, and comforted them in that one day their sufferings would be ended as promised to the souls under the altar.

If you don't know history, and is seems you don't, you will never understand prophecy.

The retribution of the French persecutors came in the French revolution. After centuries of on off persecution of French martyrs from long before the reformation. The Huguenots were once nearly as many as Catholics, but due to persecutions they were almost exterminated. Pastors were murdered by having their bodies broken on the wheel, then hung. Men caught attending a service were sent as galley slaves for life. Women were sentenced to life in such dungeons as the Tower of Constance in the town of Aigre Morts. Scottish reformer John Knox was for a while a galley slave. I had a book that I bought in the Calvin museum in France. It was called Le Massacre de Wassy et le Guerres de Réligion. Some of the pictures were of the gallery slaves as a chain gang with guards beating them on their way. On the ships the slaves were beaten by a man called le bayard. In English that word has an S in it.

Under the last king Louis 16th the church was almost eliminated . Pastors were ordered to leave the country in 14 days, and as they left they were attacked and murdered. uncouth irregular troops caled dragoons were billeted in the houses of the reformed. The had to feed these troops who abused the families with the end of making them return to the RCC by any means they could. They knew retribution would soon come. And it did in the revolution.

The Revolution came like a whirlwind upon France. Thugs and murderers were freed as well as political prisoners. Then came the Reign of Terror led by Robespierre. Firstly the rich and nobles were sent to the guillotine, or they were beaten then handed to the mob who murdered them in any way that they thought of. Eventually Robespierre himself was guillotine,. The RCC was one main subject to their wrath. Churches were closed and used as stables. Priests were ordered to leave the country within 14 days and when left they were killed on the journey. Eventually this revolution s
Read all over Europe even to Rome where churches were attacked and closed and the pooe exiled to France.
This retribution was promulgated by Infidels.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟96,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the strong delusion has anything to do with God's Temple, then the strong delusion is that the temple being referred to by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is a physical temple in Jerusalem.

When Paul wrote his letters to the churches at Corinth, Ephesus and Thessaloniki, he used the word hierón in reference to the temple in Jerusalem (which was still standing) in 1 Corinthians 9:13.

In the New Testament, the word used for the entire temple complex in Jerusalem is hierón, but the word naós is only used in the gospels in reference to the actual sanctuary of God in the temple complex in Jerusalem. Only once in the New Testament is naós NOT referring to the sanctuary of God: Acts 19:24.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21:21; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15; Revelation 11:1-2; Revelation 11:19; Revelation 14:15 & Revelation 14:17; Revelation 15:5-6 & Revelation 15:8; Revelation 16:1 & Revelation 16:17; Revelation 21:22.

In Revelation 11:1-2 the word used for temple is naos, and the holy city of Revelation 11:1-2 is not talking about Babylon the Great, nor the city spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, nor the cities of the nations that fell when the seventh bowl was poured out (the only other cities mentioned in the Revelation) - the holy city of the Revelation is identified as New Jerusalem in Revelation 21:2; Revelation 21:10; and Revelation 22:19.
Your suggestion that naos isn't a literal temple isn't sound doctrine IMHO, it is used in both references to the human body temple and a literal temple of stone

It's your assumption, speculation, and guess, as Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a future literal temple built to God against his will

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟189,712.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your suggestion that naos isn't a literal temple isn't sound doctrine IMHO, it is used in both references to the human body temple and a literal temple of stone
You deliberately left out that it's also used in references to the church and the temple in heaven, and you deliberately ignore the fact that it's only used in reference to a literal temple of stone until the verses which tell us about the tearing of the veil in that temple. Then it stops being used in references to a literal temple of stone (completely), and never refers to anything except the bodies of individual Christians and the church and the temple in heaven after that.

Then you combined it with your assumptions to come up with your eschatology - an outcomes-based way of interpreting scripture to force it to comply with whatever we have decided it means.

Which is a very inadequate way of sticking to the purity of scripture, IMO.

Upvote 0