Will There Be A Future Temple Rebuilt In Jerusalem, Scripture Suggest There Will Be?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟727,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There will be the rebuilding of the physical temple in Jerusalem.
There is no other way for the Antichrist to sit in the temple unless there is a temple in Jerusalem to sit in.

Talk of God's saints stayng in Heaven forever is a defeat to God's plan.
Satan mocks the thought of there being no place ON EARTH for His saints.

The number of Christians not realizing that the battle between God and His enemy is over the EARTH is suprising.
If we think we must reliquish the earth to the enemy we do not understand that it is the earth the meek will inherit. (Matt. 5:5)
It is His will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven.
It is "Thy kingdom come" rather than "Thy kingdom go."

That is very ture. It has nothing to do though with God wanting the saved to live in Heaven forever.
Christ accomplishing everything on the cross doesn't mean the saints relinquish the earth for going to heaven forever.

If you want to live in Heaven forever you will be looking DOWN at the New Jerusalem descending away from you on its way to the earth.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more.
And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Rev. 21:1,2)

Did you see that? The final consummate city of God descending from heaven "coming down out of heaven from God".
What a victory to God. And what a total defeat to Satan.

That New Jerusalem is a symbolic representation of ALL of God's redeemed transformed, glorified, resurrected, conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son, built up together into a corporate dwelling place of God. And she comes down out of heaven to the earth.

Out citizenship is in heaven means the Source and Origin of our citizenship is in Heaven. But in the new heaven and new earth this living temple city of all the saints built uo together comes down to the earth.

He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Rev. 3:12)

Did you see that? She "descends out of heaven from My God"

The Source and Origin and nature of the city of God is from heaven.
There is a new heaven and A NEW EARTH in eternity.
If there were no need left for the earth then God would not bother to make the earth a new earth.
And into this new earth in this new universe the New Jerusalem whose source is from God in heaven is the capital.

Christians should stop talking about "going to heaven" so much.
Christians should realize that talk of going to heaven forever is a sign of God being defeated.
For He created the earth for His kingdom.

If by "going to heaven" they actually mean arriving at a new heaven and a new earth, then that is better.

There is no denying that the climax of God's salvation is revealed as:
1. ) descends out of heaven from My God (Rev. 3:12)
2. ) coming down out of heaven from God (Rev. 21:2)

And the Apostle Peter speaks of a new heaven and new EARTH in which righteousness dwells.

But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. (2 Pet. 3:13)

It is not just a Heaven in which righteousness dwells.
It is new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

The church is the house of God.
And in John Jesus is speaking of preparing a place in God, in His Father for His redeemed.
He is not speaking of preparing a place in Heaven but a place in the Triune God.

In His Father's house are not ONE abode - Himself.
If that were the case He would have told us so.
Through His death and resurrection He prepares a way for man to be where He is - as many abodes in the house of the Father.

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.
In My Father’s house are many abodes; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be. (John 14:1-3)

He went to the cross to accomplish eternal redemption.
This prepared a way for man to be in God and God to be in man for a mutual habitation of God in spirit, the church and ultimately the New Jersusalem.

The plural word "ABODES" in "In My Father’s house are many abodes" has its singular form in verse 23.
There He says that He and His Father (as the Spirit) will come and make an ABODE with His lover.

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him. (v.23)

Therefore the many abodes when the Triune God has taken up residence within each of His lovers TOGETHER constitute the many abodes
in the house of the Father.

I it were not so Jesus would have told us so. He would have said that ONLY HE could be one in whom the Father lives and He lives in the Father. Through going to Calvary to accomplish eternal redemption He prepared a place for us who believe in Him.

In the end all the built up and glorified redeemed may be with Him where He is - thoroughly in the Father and the Father in them.
This was His mighty petition to the Father in John 17. The answer in full to this prayer is the New Jerusalem the living temple of God.

Father, concerning that which You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:24)

Amen.
It is time to graduate in revelation from the superficial thought of "going to heaven" forever.
The eternal plan of God is to build the Triune God into man and man into Himself for a corporate expression of the mingling of divinity and humanity.
I didn't say we stay in heaven forever (nor meant to imply it) .... when Jesus returns we go to heaven for 1,000 years .... but that is not the full end.
After the
full end .... God will create a new heaven and earth and God will establish His kingdom on earth and we will live on the new earth with Him.

The real sanctuary (temple) is in heaven and is where Jesus ministers from and will continue to do so until He returns.

There are religious leaders who claim to be the voice or take the place of God here on earth.

Sitting in the temple of god (figurative) claiming to be god ….. is figurative and not a physical temple …. that is …. the antichrist claiming the prerogatives of God

Believers are referred to as being the temple of God (spiritual temple)

This OT promise of rebuilding was fulfilled. The first temple was destroyed by Nubuchadnezzar when the Israelites were taken into captivity. It was rebuilt by Herod and stood during the time of Jesus.

All NT references to temples are spiritual or refer to our bodies, or Christ.

Nowhere does the Bible state or refer to a third physical temple to be built.

Orthodox jews believe this because they do not believe Jesus as Messiah.

It’s quite odd actually the OT jews expected God to come back as a conqueror destroying all their enemies, but instead He came as a babe and our savior to open a pathway back to Him. Today’s jews (and many christians) believe He will return and rule on current earth … and no …. He returns as the great conqueror (full power and glory) … destroying all His enemies , He accomplished everything needed for salvation at the cross …. no reason for Him to rule on present earth …. it’s a done deal. He will physically rule on the new earth that He will create.

Believers have a spiritual relationship with the Lord until He returns and ends this earthly mess.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟94,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a rebuilt house/temple dedicated to God by the Jews, with renewed animal sacrifice, this will be an "Abomonation" to the Lord and the cross of Calvary, God will send them a strong delusion

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11KJV
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟915,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a rebuilt house/temple dedicated to God by the Jews, with renewed animal sacrifice, this will be an "Abomonation" to the Lord and the cross of Calvary, God will send them a strong delusion

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event?

1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
When Jesus Christ of Nazareth said that not one stone will be left upon another, we should take it seriously. It is perplexing to me that so many Christians are looking forward to a third Temple to usher the anti- Christ! Outrageous! ( needed to vent on that). Anyhow, there were a few attempts to rebuild the temple in the past and in each case it was met with the promise delivered by our Lord, " not one stone will be left upon another". Today it's fate is sealed. Another nation is in full control and I have no doubt that our Lord will make sure that a temple never be built again. Thanks for hearing me out on this. It is clearly a sore subject for me.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟727,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event?

There will not be a physical temple built in physical Israel.

The real temple (sanctuary) is in heaven .... and always has been.

The earthly temples served as an example of how the plan of salvation would be accomplished .... through Jesus. Everything needed for salvation was accomplished at the cross by Jesus. Jesus is our High Priest and ministers from the real temple in heaven (the heavenly sanctuary) .... we are awaiting His return to take us home.

Philippians 3:20-21​

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Hebrews 11:16​

But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

John 14:2​

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

The truth is the Word of God .... those who do not study and adhere to its teachings, choose their own ways, delight in them and
are an abomination and the Lord will give them over to their delusional thinking of which there are many (many are deceived) by false teachings and/or self deception (not understanding or ignoring) the plain truth of His Word.

Everyone should study scripture for themselves and pray for understanding.

Reactions: Tigger Boy
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,483.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:4 makes it clear there must be a new Temple in Jerusalem, during the end times.
Any argument against a new Temple, is wrong.

It will be dedicated to God, as stated and it will be the Christian peoples who will build it. As Ezekiel 40 to 46 describes.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,690.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Temple built by Solomon, the Temple frequented by Jesus and His Disciples were both built on Mount Moriah.
Ezekiel predicts that another will be constructed on the same place after Jesus returns in Glory.

Every reference to all three Temples on this site was a translation of the Greek Word "Hieron". Any "Temple" erected elsewhere was invariably from the Greek word "Naos". This word is frequently rendered "Meeting Place", "Dwelling" or "Synagogue". It is the later word "Naos" that is used by Paul (2 Thess 2:4) in reference to the Temple used by contemporary Israel. It has absolutely no connection exegetically with the site on Mt. Moriah. In fact there is no prerequisite for it to be built there. To the contrary, in line with Greek usage, it must be constructed elsewhere.

The Embassy of Israel advises that on August 1982, in the Presence of the Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, Members of Cabinet and many other notables, the Jerusalem great Synagogue was dedicated. It is situated in King George Street, and is constructed from the same local stone as was Solomon's Temple. The central feature is a high tower containing five magnificent stained-glass windows, topped by two tablets of stone, bearing the Ten Commandments.

The Temple referred to by Paul is built!

In the interior, marble has been used extensively, especially for the Ark situated beneath the stained-glass windows. This I believe is the Holy Place which will be desecrated by the "Abomination of Desolation" referred to by Jesus (Matthew 24:15)

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,483.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What Ezekiel 40 to 46 describes is a new, 3rd Temple, one that the glory of God will come into: Ezekiel 43:1-4.
The 'Israelites who will build it, will be the true Christian peoples; the literal Overcomers for God.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟94,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What Ezekiel 40 to 46 describes is a new, 3rd Temple, one that the glory of God will come into: Ezekiel 43:1-4.
The 'Israelites who will build it, will be the true Christian peoples; the literal Overcomers for God.

Many Claim Ezekiel Chapters 40-46, Represents A Future Temple In A Millennium On Earth, Is This True?​

As clearly shown, Ezekiel Chapter 43 showed the temple "Pattern" to the House of Israel in the Babylonian Captivity let "Them" measure, Ezekiel was instructed to write the ordinances and law in "Their" sight, that "They" keep them, not some future generation as many "Falsely" claim

The temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is nothing more than the 2nd Zerubbabel Temple built 536BC after the Babylonian Captivity, where animal sacrifice for "Sin" was was instructed by "God", prior to the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary, don't be deceived

Ezekiel 43:10-11 & 19-21KJV
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,690.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What temple is on "King George Street" that was claimed, The Jerusalem Great Synagogue?
The Embassy of Israel advises that on August 1982, in the Presence of the Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, Members of Cabinet and many other notables, the Jerusalem great Synagogue was dedicated. It is situated in King George Street, and is constructed from the same local stone as was Solomon's Temple. The central feature is a high tower containing five magnificent stained-glass windows, topped by two tablets of stone, bearing the Ten Commandments.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prophetic Anticipation Builds: Unblemished Red Heifers for Temple Ceremony Soon Come of Age | CBN News

The Israelis set for new Jewish temple on Al-Aqsa site

Construction for the 3rd temple is ready to begin right now. We just need Isaiah 17 to clear the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟94,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prophetic Anticipation Builds: Unblemished Red Heifers for Temple Ceremony Soon Come of Age | CBN News

The Israelis set for new Jewish temple on Al-Aqsa site

Construction for the 3rd temple is ready to begin right now. We just need Isaiah 17 to clear the way.
Trying to build the Temple on the Muslim holy site Al-Aqsa will fulfill the scripture below, as the Muslim armies surround Jerusalem

Luke 21:20KJV
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Revelation 11:2KJV
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event

Truth7t7, I recently started a new thread, " God Never Gives Up" (Plan A vs. Plan B) I encourage you to consider reading it through as it explains why that is not possible in the broad picture of God's plans.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus Christ of Nazareth said that not one stone will be left upon another, we should take it seriously. It is perplexing to me that so many Christians are looking forward to a third Temple to usher the anti- Christ! Outrageous! ( needed to vent on that). Anyhow, there were a few attempts to rebuild the temple in the past and in each case it was met with the promise delivered by our Lord, " not one stone will be left upon another". Today it's fate is sealed. Another nation is in full control and I have no doubt that our Lord will make sure that a temple never be built again. Thanks for hearing me out on this. It is clearly a sore subject for me.
Blessings.
Maria, You are absolutely correct, to stand firm on the word of our Lord.

Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟94,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truth7t7, I recently started a new thread, " God Never Gives Up" (Plan A vs. Plan B) I encourage you to consider reading it through as it explains why that is not possible in the broad picture of God's plans.
Do you believe in a future literal human man that will fulfill Daniel's (Little Horn) Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast)?

Please Explain?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟94,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings.
Jesus stood with the pharisees observing the literal temple in Jerusalem, of course Jesus stated "Destroy This Temple" and of course it wasn't the literal temple in Jerusalem, it was the temple of his body

Jesus Christ spoke of a symbolic destruction of the Temple seen, and the Temple destroyed was his literal body as scripture clearly teaches below

"Destroy This Temple" as Jesus and the Pharisees viewed the temple that took 46 years to build

Interpretation: But he spake of the temple of his body

"Yes" Reformed Preterist Eschatology in 66-70AD fulfillment, would be found in the court of the Pharisees literal interpretation

Once Again, 66-70AD Jerusalems destruction had absolutely "Nothing" to do with fulfillment of Matthew Chapter 24, Mark Chapter 13, or Luke Chapter 21

John 2:18-22KJV
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Upvote 0