✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This thread is spill over from this link
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...d-rumors-of-war.7974198/page-71#post-72917717
It all hinges on Russia, the only power which has been able to give the Syrians success so far.

If Russia gives the go ahead to Assad, then there will be war with Israel.

For Israel will attack Syrian forces massing too close to the Israeli border, and Russia will give the Syrian forces air cover with Russian fighters and advanced SAMs, resulting in the downing of many IAF bombers.

But if Russia instead tells Assad to stick to the 1974 Separation of Forces Agreement, then there will be peace with Israel. And Syria can then focus on rebullding itself instead of continuing on with endless war.

--

The problem is that Russia loves chaos. For it inserts itself into the vacuums of power created by chaos.

So Russia could urge Assad to ignore the 1974 Separation of Forces Agreement and mass its troops along the Israeli border. These troops would be accompanied by Russian special forces, and have Russian air cover, thereby extending Russian power right up to the Israeli border.

Putin would love this. For all he wants is more power for Russia.

But he may hold back because he knows that he can't ultimately defend Syria against Israel's mighty military.

Why pick a new fight that he knows he can't win?

Better to consolidate his position in Syria and look for some other country to create chaos in and take over and build Russian bases in.
--

Wayholka said in post #1403:

Once the Syrian government has complete control of southern Syria, the Gog/Magog forces will have their land bridge to Israel.
Note that the Gog/Magog invasion of Israel (Ezekiel chapters 38-39) will not occur until after the future Millennium (Revelation 20:7-10), when there will be no defensive walls or fear of attack in Israel whatsoever (Ezekiel 38:11). This is the exact opposite of today's situation, when Israel is filled with very high defensive walls and is in constant fear of attack. At the beginning of the Millennium, all present-day weapons of war throughout the world will be destroyed, and they will not be allowed to be remade during the Millennium (Micah 4:3-4). That is why after the Millennium, the Gog/Magog armies will travel only by horses (Ezekiel 38:15), and will employ only rudimentary, wooden weapons like bows and arrows, spears, shields, and clubs (Ezekiel 39:9), which, after the defeat of the Gog/Magog armies, will be able to be used as convenient firewood by the people living in Israel at that time, instead of them having to go out and collect or cut down firewood from the forest (Ezekiel 39:10).

The Gog in Revelation 20:8 is the same as in Ezekiel chapters 38-39: an individual human whose personal name is "Gog" (Ezekiel 38:3). He will be the chief leader of a future country which will form somewhere north of Israel (Ezekiel 39:2, Ezekiel 38:15), and which will be called "Magog" (Ezekiel 38:2). It will include at least two major cities and/or tribes which will be called "Meshech" and "Tubal" (Ezekiel 38:2). This country could come into existence during the future Millennium. Gog could be born near the end of the Millennium, and he will be killed and buried at the end of the Gog/Magog event (Ezekiel 39:11).

Both accounts of the event show that the Gog/Magog armies will ultimately be completely defeated by miraculous fire from heaven (Ezekiel 38:22, Revelation 20:9). Also, whereas the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15) will occur subsequent to the Gog/Magog event (Revelation 20:7-15), nothing requires (as is sometimes claimed) that the Great White Throne Judgment has to happen immediately after that event. For there will be at least seven years (Ezekiel 39:9b) between the end of that event and the Great White Throne Judgment.

Also, the Gog/Magog attack will not have to (as is sometimes claimed) involve only the nations listed in Ezekiel chapters 38-39. Those nations could be just a sampling. For the "nations" (ethnos), or peoples, who will be involved in the Gog/Magog attack will come from all over the earth (Revelation 20:8). They will still be physically part of Jesus Christ's worldwide Kingdom, still legally under His rule, just as they had been during the preceding Millennium (Psalms 72:8-11, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 2). But after the Millennium, they will be deceived by Satan into committing the attack (Revelation 20:7-10).

Also, while the Gog/Magog attack on Israel will not occur until after the future Millennium (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Israel could suffer a different attack before the Millennium, at the start of the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which attack could result in Israel's total defeat and occupation (Daniel 11:15-17).

Also, the city of Jerusalem could be attacked and totally defeated in the future at least three times before the Millennium: once near the start of the future Tribulation (Daniel 11:22), then again mid-tribulation (Daniel 11:31), and then at the Tribulation's end (Daniel 11:45), right before Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming and the start of the Millennium (Zechariah 14:2-21).

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This thread is spill over from this link
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...d-rumors-of-war.7974198/page-71#post-72917717
It all hinges on Russia, the only power which has been able to give the Syrians success so far.

If Russia gives the go ahead to Assad, then there will be war with Israel.

For Israel will attack Syrian forces massing too close to the Israeli border, and Russia will give the Syrian forces air cover with Russian fighters and advanced SAMs, resulting in the downing of many IAF bombers.

But if Russia instead tells Assad to stick to the 1974 Separation of Forces Agreement, then there will be peace with Israel. And Syria can then focus on rebullding itself instead of continuing on with endless war.

--

The problem is that Russia loves chaos. For it inserts itself into the vacuums of power created by chaos.

So Russia could urge Assad to ignore the 1974 Separation of Forces Agreement and mass its troops along the Israeli border. These troops would be accompanied by Russian special forces, and have Russian air cover, thereby extending Russian power right up to the Israeli border.

Putin would love this. For all he wants is more power for Russia.

But he may hold back because he knows that he can't ultimately defend Syria against Israel's mighty military.

Why pick a new fight that he knows he can't win?

Better to consolidate his position in Syria and look for some other country to create chaos in and take over and build Russian bases in.
--

Wayholka said in post #1403:

Once the Syrian government has complete control of southern Syria, the Gog/Magog forces will have their land bridge to Israel.
Note that the Gog/Magog invasion of Israel (Ezekiel chapters 38-39) will not occur until after the future Millennium (Revelation 20:7-10), when there will be no defensive walls or fear of attack in Israel whatsoever (Ezekiel 38:11). This is the exact opposite of today's situation, when Israel is filled with very high defensive walls and is in constant fear of attack. At the beginning of the Millennium, all present-day weapons of war throughout the world will be destroyed, and they will not be allowed to be remade during the Millennium (Micah 4:3-4). That is why after the Millennium, the Gog/Magog armies will travel only by horses (Ezekiel 38:15), and will employ only rudimentary, wooden weapons like bows and arrows, spears, shields, and clubs (Ezekiel 39:9), which, after the defeat of the Gog/Magog armies, will be able to be used as convenient firewood by the people living in Israel at that time, instead of them having to go out and collect or cut down firewood from the forest (Ezekiel 39:10).

The Gog in Revelation 20:8 is the same as in Ezekiel chapters 38-39: an individual human whose personal name is "Gog" (Ezekiel 38:3). He will be the chief leader of a future country which will form somewhere north of Israel (Ezekiel 39:2, Ezekiel 38:15), and which will be called "Magog" (Ezekiel 38:2). It will include at least two major cities and/or tribes which will be called "Meshech" and "Tubal" (Ezekiel 38:2). This country could come into existence during the future Millennium. Gog could be born near the end of the Millennium, and he will be killed and buried at the end of the Gog/Magog event (Ezekiel 39:11).

Both accounts of the event show that the Gog/Magog armies will ultimately be completely defeated by miraculous fire from heaven (Ezekiel 38:22, Revelation 20:9). Also, whereas the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15) will occur subsequent to the Gog/Magog event (Revelation 20:7-15), nothing requires (as is sometimes claimed) that the Great White Throne Judgment has to happen immediately after that event. For there will be at least seven years (Ezekiel 39:9b) between the end of that event and the Great White Throne Judgment.

Also, the Gog/Magog attack will not have to (as is sometimes claimed) involve only the nations listed in Ezekiel chapters 38-39. Those nations could be just a sampling. For the "nations" (ethnos), or peoples, who will be involved in the Gog/Magog attack will come from all over the earth (Revelation 20:8). They will still be physically part of Jesus Christ's worldwide Kingdom, still legally under His rule, just as they had been during the preceding Millennium (Psalms 72:8-11, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 2). But after the Millennium, they will be deceived by Satan into committing the attack (Revelation 20:7-10).

Also, while the Gog/Magog attack on Israel will not occur until after the future Millennium (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Israel could suffer a different attack before the Millennium, at the start of the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which attack could result in Israel's total defeat and occupation (Daniel 11:15-17).

Also, the city of Jerusalem could be attacked and totally defeated in the future at least three times before the Millennium: once near the start of the future Tribulation (Daniel 11:22), then again mid-tribulation (Daniel 11:31), and then at the Tribulation's end (Daniel 11:45), right before Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming and the start of the Millennium (Zechariah 14:2-21).
Hi I like that you understand the word of God has to be fulfilled and perhaps Gog Magog occur twice once prior to the millennium and once at the end of the millennium. If you look at Ezekiel 36 and isolate every specific detail given then compare it to the Gog Magog at the end of the millennium they do not fit as one story. The nations have during the millennium all known the LORD and have had to keep the feast of tabernacles and in Ezekiel 38 18 “And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord GOD, “that My fury will show in My face. 19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, 20 so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.’ 21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord GOD. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”  This is perhaps the same as Armageddon but during the millennium all the nations will know the LORD. Also what about the great earthquake in Israel and even throwing down the mountains, this does not fit the end of the millennium either. In revelation it says the city is surrounded and fire consumes them.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi I like that you understand the word of God has to be fulfilled and perhaps Gog Magog occur twice once prior to the millennium and once at the end of the millennium. If you look at Ezekiel 36 and isolate every specific detail given then compare it to the Gog Magog at the end of the millennium they do not fit as one story.
I agree. So many people see only one war. But it is clear to me that there is more than one. I see one shaping up as we speak.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Below you will hear globalist Jacob Rothschild discuss how his family created the modern State of Israel.

The "Greater Israel Project" is the plan to take control of most of the middle east.

That would include Syria.

Earthly Jerusalem is to be the globalist's capital of global government.
Look at the occultic symbols in the Israeli Parliment building designed and financed by the Rothschild family.

I still cannot believe I am making the following statement, but it seems to be based on current facts.
Putin seems to be the one world leader standing in opposition to the globalist's plan.

However, I am not saying Putin is a choir boy...

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Below you will hear globalist Jacob Rothschild discuss how his family created the modern State of Israel.

The "Greater Israel Project" is the plan to take control of most of the middle east.

That would include Syria.

Earthly Jerusalem is to be the globalist's capital of global government.
Look at the occultic symbols in the Israeli Parliment building designed and financed by the Rothschild family.

I still cannot believe I am making the following statement, but it seems to be based on current facts.
Putin seems to be the one world leader standing in opposition to the globalist's plan.

However, I am not saying Putin is a choir boy...

You do know that prophecy says Israel will inerit land from the Euphrates to the sea don't you. That is the promise to Abraham.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do know that prophecy says Israel will inerit land from the Euphrates to the sea don't you. That is the promise to Abraham.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

What did Joshua say above about the land promise?

In Matthew 21:33-46 Christ reveals that the "son" is the "heir" to the land, and told the Pharisees that the kingdom would be taken from those who reject the "chief cornerstone", and it would be given to another nation bearing fruit.
The Pharisees understood that the parable applied to them.
The "holy nation" which accepts the "chief cornerstone" is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(Look above at the spiritual condition of earthly Jerusalem right before the 7th trumpet and the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:15-18.)

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy says that Christ inherits all things. All things include the land and all else, and exclude nothing.
Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Prophecy says that all the promises of God are realized in Him.
2 Corinthians 1
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Prophecy says that the promises were made to Abraham and his Seed, who is Christ. The promises to Abraham are realized in his Seed.
Galatians 3
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Prophecy says that Christ inherits all things. All things include the land and all else, and exclude nothing.
Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Prophecy says that all the promises of God are realized in Him.
2 Corinthians 1
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Prophecy says that the promises were made to Abraham and his Seed, who is Christ. The promises to Abraham are realized in his Seed.
Galatians 3
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
amen:amen: Yes, Jesus Christ of Nazareth of the tribe of Judah.Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums