Will Movie Theaters Become A Thing of The Past?

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right now there's a lot of talk about the possibility how many movie theaters around where I live (if not all) will go out of business permanently.

Personally I don't go see movies at theaters anymore because none of the films are worth paying $10 to see. Last movie I saw was "Spectre" and I swear I thought the movie would never end - my point being that studios permit movies to be way too long which is a change when one considers film history. Not to mention all that is released is franchise or Marvel crap or films with gratuitous sex, violence, or language. I'll stay home thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Kiwi Jane

Aug 19, 2020
Wellington
✟15,865.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I like the movie theater experience, so I hope not. I hate when I've seen people use the term "new normal", because it implies a sort of hopelessness, that we'll never get back to socializing, learning, playing, and travelling normally again. I'm lucky to be in an area that hasn't been hit hard yet, but we still feel the impact and I don't want to accept a new normal.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let me just give you a little clue,.. sometimes it gets a little hot and steamy at the drive-in and the popcorn has nothing to do with it. :D

Oh you mean people went to the movies to do something other than watch a movie ^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Right now there's a lot of talk about the possibility how many movie theaters around where I live (if not all) will go out of business permanently. This whole entire Coronavirus has pushed back production on a lot of movies and release dates. A lot of movies are currently being released on streaming since although I enjoy going to the movies it has really gotten more and more expensive to go there anyways,.. so people just want to enjoy movies in the comfort of their own homes. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately yes I do believe they might be closed permanently. Or they might be replaced by some sort of hologram movies in some point which are super expensive. I do miss going movies, it was special fun time with my daughter and there is always this amazing atmosphere in theaters.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Movie theaters are doing well. One closed by me but another is opening & taking it's place.
The 'in thing' is to see Marvel movies in theaters. Other studios are trying to copy that formula.
Kids movies do well b/c it's a way for parents to get their kids out of the house.
Date nights
Etc.

Upvote 0