Will drinking send you to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsamuel

Jun 17, 2005
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
That's the thing that i find weird. People that are wonderng if they are going to hell for every little thing they think is bad. Live a little theres nothing wrong with going our for some drinks if your responsible.

I dont understand that whole your body is the temple of god when God created us imperfect anyway. People get cancer, there a killer virus's, we age and decay and the very oxygen we breath is killing us.

Having a couple drinks once and awhile isnt gonnna send you to hell thats just rediculous. For me i dont even contimplat the idea because i think its just common sense.

Such questions. If yoru question is true than everyone on this planet will have some sort of hell after.

You dont have to go to far to find hell and heaven on earth. I drink to get drunk sometimes because i'm a responsible adult and have a time and place for it to have fun.

I bet your probably under 21 years old or a young christian but you'll see these things in the future.

No ones perfect and your body being the temple of god statement is very vague.

Then eating fast food is a sin whatever. I dont care. God gave me free will to do what i want with my body. Dont eat pizza its a sin.

The word sin is thrown around so much. Enjoy life people are too caught up in religion in my point of view.

Things like this are religious and god didnt create religion man did.

Upvote 0

dsamuel

Jun 17, 2005
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
JimfromOhio said:
All have sinned and all will go to hell. HOWEVER, those who have Jesus Christ in their lives, all sins have been forgiven !!!

By the way, bibically, drinking is allowable however being drunk is a "no-no".

Typical short black and white answer from christianity. No offence.

Upvote 0

verosaint4life

Jul 5, 2005
✟163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the first thing that came to mind when you asked that question was romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind". By drinking with your " Friends" you are conforming to the patterns of this world. Ask God to teach you how to renew your mind in this season your are going through. Also in proverbs 27:17 its reads "as iron sharpens iron so does one man sharpen another" Are your friends helping you grow into a better peron for christ. And if they are not you need to sit down and talk to God and listen to Him. You are a valubale person in Gods eyes, from studies that have been done, alchohol effects your body, even if your very healthy and athletic. I recommend that you get your self planted in a church and hang around other people around your age that love God but not only say they do but actually live it. Love You, even though i dont know you you are a part of GOds family.

Upvote 0

dsamuel

Jun 17, 2005
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
Well I think your post was a little extreme. Having a couple drinks once and awhile isn't excrutiatingly harmful anymore than greenhouse gasses when your walking home from work or the gentically engineered food you eat from the supermarket.

STUDIES have also said that a drink now and then is good for the brain.

You don't have to be an extreme christian that stays away from every little thing and isn't educated on others. Or does one thing and says another.

THe fact is many things aren't good for you, ESpecially constantly trying to please God and be perfect. He loves you the way you are even if you sin.

Try and be responsible and live a healthy lifestyle that is always postive but have a few now and then is your choice. I think life is too short and if I have fun once and awhhile going out for some drinks I'm going to go.

If you live by that standard even skydivinng is wrong because your putting yourself in uneeded danger and many other things.

So come back down to reality and just make sure you don't drink till you know your being stupid.

Upvote 0

Taake

Apr 24, 2005
Veldhoven - Noord-Brabant - The Netherlands - Euro
Visit site
✟7,960.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
If I believe what everyone claims about sins on this board, then EVERYONE will go to hell. I'll be sure to wear my Hawaii outfit when I die, people tell me hell is quite hot. What's His use for someone that is completely devoted etc? Would He feel better if someone constantly kept bugging him with prays or completely wasted his life by refusing what he was meant to do in life by things as celibate? C'mon, you were given a life, live it!

Upvote 0

all things through Christ

Jul 7, 2005
Tucson / Arizona
✟16,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First off, everyone has sin, even in the womb. Being with sin would send you to hell except the fact that Christ died for you to take your punishment. Anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar.
Seconly, there is nothing wrong with alcohol. It can be purely for health, for entertainment... The Bible only tells us not to impair our judgement by drinking too much. So if you drink, do so moderately. And if you are a Christian and get drunk, that does not mean you are going to hell! But someone who believes will not get drunk unless they are far from God and are decieved. So get understanding, find the truth and learn how to believe it.

Proverbs 10:23 Carrying out a wicked scheme is enjoyable to a fool,
and so is wisdom for the one who has discernment.

This means the only way to enjoy doing evil is to be decieved.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've had a drinking problem for most of my adult life. I developed a pattern of hard drinking early on and stuck with it. It never seemed to me that it was a serious matter until my life started to come unraveled. Virtually every shamefull thing I've done had alchohol as a key element. Over time I was able to get a handle on it, but never actually quit. Now my liver is shot and sobriety is a matter of life and death. God has granted me six months without a drink, I pray that it will continue. The key to quitting was for me to face the fact that my drinking was my fault. My advice is for you to look at what you are doing in an honest manner. The truth will set you free. The truth set me free, that's how I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BMac14

Jul 31, 2005
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
I think the biggest problem that some are forgetting is not just the fact that the Bible says getting drunk is a sin, but it is our witness. You can really hurt your witness to non-believers and even those young in their faith by drinking too much. Your decision to drink too much will not send you to hell if you believe in Christ, but it may end up making someone stumble and keep them from ever being a believer.

Upvote 0

seekingpurity047

Why am I not surprised
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I drink, but I don't get drunk. I hold myself accountable to the maximum of two beers a day. That's very little in the span of 24 hours, and just remember, it takes me a long time to drink a beer lol... Umm... it is a sin to get drunk, and to get drunk around non-believers, that's just sad. For me, I see that as like "Hey, you can be a christian and still do this!" Not very good witnessing abilities there, I'd ahve to agree with the guy above me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.