Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greenriser said:
Is drinking alcohol considered a drug? ^_^
what is a drug anything that changes your body chemistry drugs control a
person life and put you under satans control .drugs are a legal way for satan
and his demons to get on people and control their lives.along with the drugs.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The proper relationship between alcohol and Christians is really quite plain. It is merely a matter of moderation. As Paul told Timothy, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine..." When he wrote to the Ephesians he specified, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess..." He said to not get drunk, but he did not say to totally abstain from wine. What is absent is just as important as what is present. "Let your moderation be known unto all men." (Philippians 4:5). Christians and alcohol can mix and at times, when celebrating Christ's death for example, wine is an integral and even vital ingredient. Paul again makes this point clear in 1 Corinthians 11:20-29 by outlining the aspects of the Passover service and making special mention of the proper spirit of this solemn celebration and admonishing against overeating and drunkenness. And again, one does not get drunk from drinking grape juice, making the use of wine (as Christ obviously did) an obligatory part of the service. Abstinence is not taught by the Bible, but neither is drunkenness. Moderation is the key.

However if you are 21 years old or younger, you are in the teenage years — adolescence into adulthood — a challenge young person with daily tests and trials. I have seen teenagers who drink alcohol are often setting themselves up for a lifetime of trouble. According to experts, drunk teens can easily become drunk adults who continue to have all the problems that alcohol causes. Alcohol drains minds and money.

Upvote 0

girlofgrace727

Apr 16, 2005
Saskatoon
✟15,343.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Getting drunk wont send you to hell, but it is a sin...if you strive to have a relationship with Jesus, and genuinely seek to be more like Him, then your desire to become drunk will no longer be there, just like when you do things to please the people you love..you do things that please Jesus, and changing your sinful behaviours is definatly pleasing to Him....but sin is sin, and lying, or cheating is no worse than getting drunk in God's eyes, and all have sin that we need to personally deal with..just seek God for guidance and He'll help you out!

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no sin in drinking alcohol and having good clean fun. The trouble is in getting drunk (just like being fat) defiling the body and mind is a sin.

My good ole Southern Mommy used to say ask yourself if it can or is likely to cause harm (to yourself or others) not whether it has or will.

Upvote 0

angelwings67

May 10, 2005
Texas USA
✟1,857.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
dyanm said:
There is no sin in drinking alcohol and having good clean fun. The trouble is in getting drunk (just like being fat) defiling the body and mind is a sin.

My good ole Southern Mommy used to say ask yourself if it can or is likely to cause harm (to yourself or others) not whether it has or will.

My sentiments exactly Dyamn. Really great food for thought.:thumbsup: :cool:

Upvote 0

Taake

Apr 24, 2005
Veldhoven - Noord-Brabant - The Netherlands - Euro
Visit site
✟7,960.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
JimfromOhio said:
The proper relationship between alcohol and Christians is really quite plain. It is merely a matter of moderation. As Paul told Timothy, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine..." When he wrote to the Ephesians he specified, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess..." He said to not get drunk, but he did not say to totally abstain from wine. What is absent is just as important as what is present. "Let your moderation be known unto all men." (Philippians 4:5). Christians and alcohol can mix and at times, when celebrating Christ's death for example, wine is an integral and even vital ingredient. Paul again makes this point clear in 1 Corinthians 11:20-29 by outlining the aspects of the Passover service and making special mention of the proper spirit of this solemn celebration and admonishing against overeating and drunkenness. And again, one does not get drunk from drinking grape juice, making the use of wine (as Christ obviously did) an obligatory part of the service. Abstinence is not taught by the Bible, but neither is drunkenness. Moderation is the key.

However if you are 21 years old or younger, you are in the teenage years — adolescence into adulthood — a challenge young person with daily tests and trials. I have seen teenagers who drink alcohol are often setting themselves up for a lifetime of trouble. According to experts, drunk teens can easily become drunk adults who continue to have all the problems that alcohol causes. Alcohol drains minds and money.
Could you define the word drunk? In what state of mind and consciousness is a drunk person? Am I drunk if I am enjoying myself after ten beers, while not doing anything a normal person does not do? Am I drunk after fifteen, when I might react a little strange, although still sane? Or do I have to seem unstable in my actions and not fully conscious? Most of you say drinking leads to sins, but I think a person is in control of that him/herself. I myself tend to get very relaxed and happy when I took some alcohol, and will even curse less than normally. I'll will agree that a lot of people get aggressive through alcohol, but only the ones that are naturally aggressive, it seems that alcohol underlines the deepest nature of persons, like I claimed before. On that surface it is a very helpful tool to get to know people, or to decide what friends are really your friends. Alcohol can help too when you are feeling uncomfortable, to make you speak at easy and care less about what others think of you. That is ofcourse related to it bringing out your true thoughts. Alcohol only makes you do what you might think but do not dare express, so in that case, it is not bringing out sins, for thinking of sinning is sinning itself. The thought of commiting the sin, is as bad as executing it, as Jesus taugh (if you want examples I can provide them).

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to experts who deals with alcoholism and drunkness:

Alcoholism is perhaps the most common form of drug abuse in America today. After the body has consumed a certain amount of alcohol, it can't rely on the logical (upper brain) to operate itself. Instead it depends on the lower brain, due to this the person will not know what they are doing or saying. Alcohol mostly affects the liver. Normally, the liver processes fat and converts them into calories, but it also can process alcohol. Upon exiting the liver, the alcohol is distributed through out other organs including the lungs, brain and kidneys. After alcohol reaches the brain, it numbs the frontal lobe which has direct control over judgement, visual perception and decision making skills. Alcohol is said to reduce tension and anxiety. This in turn allows drinkers to feel more relaxed and comfortable in social situations. However, this also encourages the drinker to drink more when under more stress. Alcohol also affects the mind in other ways.

Stages of Drunkeness
0 - Stone cold sober. Brain as sharp as an army bayonet.

1 - Still sober. Pleasure senses activated. Feeling of well-being.

2 - Lager warming up head. Pretzles are ordered. Barmaid complimented on choice of blouse.

3 - Crossword in newspaper is filled in. After a while blanks are filled with random letters and numbers.

4 - Barmaid complimented on choice of bra. Partially visible when bending to get packets of crisps. Try to instigate conversation about bras. Order half a dozen packets of pretzles one by one.

5 - Have brilliant discussion with guy on the next bar stool. Devise fool-proof scheme for wining lottery, sort out Denver Broncos defense problems.

6 - Feel like a Demi-God. Map out rest of life on cocktail napkin. Realize that everybody loves you. Call parents and tell them you love them. Call girlfriend to tell her you love her and she still has an amazing butt.

7 - Send drinks over to woman sitting at table with boyfriend. No reaction. Scribble out message of love on five cocktail napkins and Frisbee them to her across the room. Boyfriend asks you outside. You buy him a Slim Panatela.

8 - Some slurring. Offer to buy drinks for everyone in room. Lots of people say yes. Go round the bar hugging them one by one. Fall over. Get up.

9 - Head-ache kicks in. Michelob tastes off. Send it back. Next bottle comes back tasting same. Say, "That's much better". Fight nausea by trying to play old Space Invaders game for ten minutes before seeing out of order sign.

10 - Some doubling of vision. Stand on table shouting abuse at all four bartenders. Talked down by bartender's wives, who you offer to give a baby to. Fall over. Get up. Fall over. Impale head on corner of table. Fail to notice oozing head wound.

11 - Speech no longer possible. Eventually manage to find door. Sit and take stock. Realize you are sitting in pub cellar, having taken a wrong turning. Vomit. Pass out.

12 - Put in cab by somebody. Give home address. Taken home. Can't get key in door. Realize you've given address of your local gym. Generally pleased at way evening has gone. Pass out again

Upvote 0

chris_J_N

just your basic cheesy music lover
May 13, 2005
Fargo ND
✟8,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
amanda13 said:
I like to go out with my friends sometimes and have drinks. I don't do anything "bad" when I go out. This is a way that my girffriends and I go out. MOST of the time I have too much and end up drunk.... This i maybe only once a month or less. My mother told me that the bible states that "your body is a temple" etc... I exercise daily, eat organic, take lots of supplements and take GREAT care of my body otherwise. I just love wine. Is this something that will condem me to hell?

any sin will send you to hell. if you are a christain though you never have to worry about it. what can seperate you from the love of christ? nothing right not even acholhol. if your heart is in the right place and you still want to live for christ you have nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0

Taake

Apr 24, 2005
Veldhoven - Noord-Brabant - The Netherlands - Euro
Visit site
✟7,960.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
I feel that Christ as a metaphysical state of mind to be used as an excuse for selfproviding crimes, or crimes in general. And to Jim, those states may make sense for one person at one time, but as a whole they cannot be taken seriously, and I therefore suppose that was not the intend.

Upvote 0

Chuck®

May 15, 2005
Oregon
✟572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
History shows that people are continually looking for something that takes them out of themselves temporarily. Some use meditation, others use legal or illegal drugs, some find it in dancing or running, some play in all-night video games, some lose themselves in worship and prayer.

It's either a repetitive action that puts us into a half-hypnotic state, or an substance inducing the state. It usually proves to be a destresser, relaxing the body and clearing the mind, taking daily life less seriosuly; but it can add stresses later (not waking up the next morning).

If we want to move forward in life with fewer obstacles, we pick the ones that prove less harmful.

Upvote 0

DanteRisen

May 17, 2005
Sacramento, CA
✟8,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
okay, maybe someone already said this, but I wasn't about to read ALL 8 pages just for me to write like 3 or 4 lines. If drinking were a sin, Jesus wouldn't have turned water into wine, nor would wine be the symbol of his blood. And like everyone else has said, getting drunk is a sin.

Upvote 0
V

Vigil

amanda13 said:
I like to go out with my friends sometimes and have drinks. I don't do anything "bad" when I go out. This is a way that my girffriends and I go out. MOST of the time I have too much and end up drunk.... This i maybe only once a month or less. My mother told me that the bible states that "your body is a temple" etc... I exercise daily, eat organic, take lots of supplements and take GREAT care of my body otherwise. I just love wine. Is this something that will condem me to hell?

Drinking might lead to you waking up next to someone so ugly you will wish you were in Hell.

That help at all?

God Bless
Vigil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

PassionateChemistry

amanda13 said:
only if you drink too much, it can destroy your life

Upvote 0

In A Perfect World

Jun 19, 2005
CT
✟17,022.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's your body - you can do whatever you want. Take care of it, you don't want to die of an overdose or mess up your liver. You also don't want to hurt others around you (being drunk, let's say - you're not afraid to tell people how you really feel and that'll get you in trouble ALOT!). Just be wise, and don't get addicted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.