Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Everybody has their hobbies and I am fond of art, painting, flowers and binding them together and decent clothes but somehow the missing piece in all that is the hair. I always have not the right interest in setting endless of time and effort in creating an artistic hairdo so usually I create it simple or sometimes I have been lazy and used a hairpiece, ponytail, or a wig. Now that they are trendy I have gotten two new, one with real blond hair and one with fake. Usually one that is close to my color so sometimes people do not know it is fake. It is even nice to the environment in the long run for not letting all sorts of hairproducts wash out into the cleaningsystem and then end up into the sea and to my hair not to ruin it with exessive styling, heat and so on. Besides it can look pretty. I think a wig can be useful, I have used wigs for many roles in christian drama when we have not had enough people or when we needed different characters. My aunts husband always used a wig when he preached because He said the cows can respect Him without it but when He is around people He needs to carry some respect. As a small kid I long thought there was two different people there, one that took care of the cows with a dirty working suit that went home before the husband came home and the party could start when the wig came on and the man was properly dressed. It was a bit confusing. So I usually tell the kids related to me that I wear a wig so they do not get as confused as me if I ever have one on a party. But If I go shopping who cares. One of my wigs look natural with real hair, a little locks in it in the end, that one is long brown, blondish, most blond. The other is fake, the color I had as a child platina blond, quite strait, a little curve. Both look alright but I prefer the real hair one. I am now almost 40 so my hair is getting lighter. Mom got white fast and when I get white i´ll probably be platina blonde. Dad was a redhead and right now my hair is blondish red. It looks best that way I think. I know many christians think one should not dye hair at all but many do and I have had my own ratblond hair long for 7 years without dying. It was not fascinating, I was rather saddened by the way it looked. But at least I wanted to find a color I liked and then the worlds preachers and my husband can have their own opinion. Once when I was a kid I got my long blond hair cut off a the hairdresserschool and they asked if they could use it for a wig, we said Yes to that. I do not know what happened to the hair after that. Really If I go to a concert I could consider a wig rather than half an hour styling and washing afterwards. I rather spend that time on the gym or in the forest or at a skiing hill or at the beach with the kids. Usually I wear no wigs or extra hairpieces , I wear my own, but sometimes I put on a wig, It is easy and saves time and effort. What do You think about wigs and Vanity?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rajni

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
My hair isn't what it used to be, so I love the idea of wigs, and even own one.
However, they get hot and itchy, so I'm never 100% comfortable wearing one.
Instead, I'll wear a baseball cap (for when it's casual), a bandanna, or a
headscarf. I wish I could be more comfortable in wigs, though, because they
can definitely be a time-saver, and with minimal prepping!

-

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, they should have a automatic scrather inside, that goes on every 5 minutes :) That ought to look funny. I think I once saw a cap with hair in the back in London and thought cool. I didn´t buy it but perhaps that one had not itched. I live in a cold country so right now in winter they do not itch.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes of course, Hairdisorders exist, Vanitydisorders as well. Some people think they need make-up every day and their skin seem to suffer from it. It is funny when we mistake someone for another when the hair is in place. I have heard saying that hair is to a man what breasts are to a woman. Perhaps so, but when I have taken off fake ponytails or wigs jealous women calms down( when I had shorter hair) , they realise they can as well. However I prefer taking care of my hair, but I do not like destroying it with heat or exessive peroxide in order to achieve a certain look sometimes. Then I rather use a wig. I have a color that already look great, but dying all the time hurts the hair.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes of course, Hairdisorders exist, Vanitydisorders as well. Some people think they need make-up every day and their skin seem to suffer from it. It is funny when we mistake someone for another when the hair is in place. I have heard saying that hair is to a man what breasts are to a woman. Perhaps so, but when I have taken off fake ponytails or wigs jealous women calms down( when I had shorter hair) , they realise they can as well. However I prefer taking care of my hair, but I do not like destroying it with heat or exessive peroxide in order to achieve a certain look sometimes. Then I rather use a wig. I have a color that already look great, but dying all the time hurts the hair.
My wife uses a fair bit of hair dye, anyway.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My hair isn't what it used to be, so I love the idea of wigs, and even own one.
However, they get hot and itchy, so I'm never 100% comfortable wearing one.
Instead, I'll wear a baseball cap (for when it's casual), a bandanna, or a
headscarf. I wish I could be more comfortable in wigs, though, because they
can definitely be a time-saver, and with minimal prepping!

-
My wife has started wearing a hat more...

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a bad habit of tossing on a bandanna or putting my hair in a ponytail . I wish I was a little more vain about hair and makeup than I am . Comes from having an ridiculously strict somewhat misogynistic father

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a bad habit of tossing on a bandanna or putting my hair in a ponytail . I wish I was a little more vain about hair and makeup than I am . Comes from having an ridiculously strict somewhat misogynistic father
Bandanas are kind of 1960s / Vietnam protesters' typical wear, for some ppl, right?

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bandanas are kind of 1960s / Vietnam protesters' typical wear, for some ppl, right?
Some seem to assume that.

I wear a bandana most days, and occasionally someone
will ask me about it.

One time, someone asked me what my bandana
"means". I replied that it means I don't have the
patience to mess with my hair every day.

They thought it was because I belonged to a gang (a 50-
something-year-old lady belonging to a gang...
really??).

Too funny. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some seem to assume that.

I wear a bandana most days, and occasionally someone
will ask me about it.

One time, someone asked me what my bandana
"means". I replied that it means I don't have the
patience to mess with my hair every day.

They thought it was because I belonged to a gang (a 50-
something-year-old lady belonging to a gang...
really??).

Too funny. :D
Interesting; I wasn't suggesting it particularly "meant" anything. It's like hats, earrings, tattoos, etc.: preferences that ppl have, simply. (I guess with the bandana there is also the practical side with the hair.)

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

One day I wore a hundred year old hunting jacket and a bandana and after people had given me chocked looks all day I decided I had to protest against something. So I got myself into a hunting shop and surpriced some policemen, wrote my protest against some unethical thing and walked out.

Upvote 0