Wicca - Good or Evil

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Genesis 7
1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Many men have been righteous, such as Noah and Job. Now when did Righteous always mean Sinless? Look at the translation of the word righteous for this verse.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Original Word[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Word Origin[/font] qyddc [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]from (06663)[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Transliterated Word[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Phonetic Spelling[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Tsaddiyq[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]tsad-deek'[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Parts of Speech[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]TWOT[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Adjective[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]1879c[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Definition[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]
  1. just, lawful, righteous
    1. just, righteous (in government)
    2. just, right (in one's cause)
    3. just, righteous (in conduct and character)
    4. righteous (as justified and vindicated by God)
    5. right, correct, lawful
[/font]

Upvote 0

challenger

Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
Genesis 7
1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Many men have been righteous, such as Noah and Job. Now when did Righteous always mean Sinless? Look at the translation of the word righteous for this verse.
Okay but what about the conflict between Gen 7:4 and John 3:16, you still haven't answered that.

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
challenger said:
The best Bible contradiction of all is between Genesis 7:4 and John 3:16, IMO

This verse, John 3:16, applies to when Jesus came, not before then. Obviously no one can believe in Jesus as their saviour untill God actually sends Jesus onto the earth, makes the sacrifice, and teaches everyone of Jesus. That isnt a contradiction at all. Look more closely at what your saying next time.:wave:

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
This verse, John 3:16, applies to when Jesus came, not before then. Obviously no one can believe in Jesus as their saviour untill God actually sends Jesus onto the earth, makes the sacrifice, and teaches everyone of Jesus. That isnt a contradiction at all. Look more closely at what your saying next time.:wave:
You've missed my point:
John 3:16 - "For God so loveth the world..."
Genesis 7:4 - "...every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth"

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"God is all loving. He would never send me to Hell."
Possible Response: "Friend, God is not all loving. The Bible doesn't say he is 'all loving', It says that God is love. He's not a slave to love. The Bible sees that He's also just, holy and righteous. When people say that God is all-loving, they are implying that God is so loving that He wouldn't send people to Hell. Let me ask you a question. If a man sexually abused children, tortured them, cut their throats and said that he would do it again if he had half a chance, should a judge punish him? Of course he should. If the judge is a loving man, wouldn't he still punish that wicked person? Of course, and God will punish all wicked men, even though He is 'love.'

This also applys to why God justly punishes those who deserve it, such as the very sinful people of noahs time.

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
This also applys to why God justly punishes those who deserve it, such as the very sinful people of noahs time.
My point is that God destroyed the entire world that he supposedly loved, what about little kids who couldn't make a moral choice yet. Think about a different version of the flood account for a second, where some little kid sees her parents drown and then drowns herself in total terror, completely unaware of why this is all happening. Some conservative Christians get all upset over a dead fetus ("look at its little heart beat, its a alive!"), but they don't seem to mind a few hundred million kids drowning to satisfy their megolomaniacal volcano god's twisted anger.

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
Ever think that those little kids will be going to heaven after they die? Pretty good deal if you ask me, die now and be able to go to a perfect paradise, doesnt sound like a Cruel God to me. (Children that are young enouph do go to heaven automatically).
So what's the point then, if you're saying that death doesn't matter and its not that important that God wiped out a couple million kids because they're in heaven then why does God bother with mortal existence in the first place? Why aren't kids given the same free will that adults are? Couldn't God have just vapourised all of the sinners or somthing, instead of going for this rediculously complex flood business? And what about all those innocent, souless (according to Christianity) animals, what did they do to deserve such a horrible death?

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Look, God basically wiped out most of the existance on earth for a REASON. Dont you relize basically everyone besides Noah at that time was very sinful and destructive, and were hellbound. Dont you think that its good of God to get rid of that, and have a new start with Righteous people over allowing all that sin to spread and just send more people to hell? In the long run Gods doing saved a lot of people from hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
Look, God basically wiped out most of the existance on earth for a REASON. Dont you relize basically everyone besides Noah at that time was very sinful and destructive, and were hellbound. Dont you think that its good of God to get rid of that, and have a new start with Righteous people over allowing all that sin to spread and just send more people to hell? In the long run Gods doing saved a lot of people from hell.
Why did God have to flood the Earth to do that, don't you think that's a little OTT for somebody for whom "all things are possible", couldn't he just have disintegrated them or just made them all go to sleep and never wake up. Why so viscious?

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=8467460#post8467460

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
challenger said:
Why did God have to flood the Earth to do that, don't you think that's a little OTT for somebody for whom "all things are possible", couldn't he just have disintegrated them or just made them all go to sleep and never wake up. Why so viscious?

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=8467460#post8467460

Look, if God gives you the chance to go to heaven or hell, he's giving you a fair chance to choose what you want. If you want to disobey God, the one who gave you life and had his own son die for you in order to be forgiven, then be prepared for the consequences. All your doing is giving your opinion on what a "Good" God is. You should never start thinking up your own ideas on what God should be, since we cant even start to begin to comprehend perfection, let alone the existance of God.

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
Look, if God gives you the chance to go to heaven or hell, he's giving you a fair chance to choose what you want. If you want to disobey God, the one who gave you life and had his own son die for you in order to be forgiven, then be prepared for the consequences. All your doing is giving your opinion on what a "Good" God is. You should never start thinking up your own ideas on what God should be, since we cant even start to begin to comprehend perfection, let alone the existance of God.
You're still skipping merrily around my point, and I've started another thread for this anyway. So Crispie Why such a cruel method of execution?

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Flooding the entire world was one of the best ways to get rid of those people, and everything else sinful. There is no such thing as innnocent suffering. Did it ever come to you that maybe they deserved to be drowned in the flood? Stop making opinions and manipulating the situation. Dont you think that maybe cruel people deserve just punishment? Ever heard the verse An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
hey...guess what, theres an online Bible search thing that i used to fing them in like 5 minutes, so here they are:
John 3:16 "For Gos so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:18 "whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of Gods one and only Son."

Contradiction:

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven."

next:
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be truobled and do not be afraid."
Acts 10:36 "You know the message of God sent to the people of Isreal, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all."

Contradictions:

Luke 12:51 "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."
Matthew10:34 "Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

And on another point about the witchcraft thing....Wicca was not around during those times..it is a fairly new religion, not only that but it is hard to tell what was meant by witchcraft(i am not sure about the greek meaning since the verse you posted was from the new testament and not the old) but what it meant to the greeks to that time may very well be quite different than todays meaning. Considering the fact that it was lumped together with such things as "Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like"
and I see no comparison with me being wiccan to those things... cultural and descriptive meanings from 2000 or more years ago are more than likely NOT the same as today in thios culture.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Crispie said:
Flooding the entire world was one of the best ways to get rid of those people, and everything else sinful. There is no such thing as innnocent suffering. Did it ever come to you that maybe they deserved to be drowned in the flood?
So your God is a wrathful, vengeful tyrant that punishes everybody in the most horrible ways he can come up with? I thought you said that the innocents (like the little kids + such) all went to heaven, why did they deserve to die horribly, couldn't God have found a more merciful way?

This is off topic anyway, can you please take it to the other thread?

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your
hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
Acts 10:36 "You know the message of God sent to the people
of Isreal, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all."
Contradictions:
Luke 12:51 "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."
Matthew10:34 "Do not suppose I have come to bring peace
to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Matthew 10
34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'[5]
37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Both Luke 12:51 and Matthew 10:34 are talking about the same thing, putting God above everything, even your own family. Jesus purpose was never to come to Earth and bring Peace to all the world, but to save mankind from sin.

Read John 14:17. The peace Jesus leaves with us is not the peace that the world gives, but Jesus gives us the peace of us not being troubled nor being afraid, through the Holy Spirit. The "contradictions" you talk about have nothing to do with eachother.

Upvote 0

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
challenger said:
So your God is a wrathful, vengeful tyrant that punishes everybody in the most horrible ways he can come up with? I thought you said that the innocents (like the little kids + such) all went to heaven, why did they deserve to die horribly, couldn't God have found a more merciful way?

This is off topic anyway, can you please take it to the other thread?
Look, STOP with the opinions. I answered these before. Look there is no such thing as innocent suffering, all have sinned and have fell short of the glory of God. IF you really need a better explanation, sigh, then read this. http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t023.html Now stop with opinions PLEASE. At least God didnt make the world go up in flames to kill all those people, and did you know drowning is one of the most peaceful ways to die?

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
Both Luke 12:51 and Matthew 10:34 are talking about the same thing, putting God above everything, even your own family. Jesus purpose was never to come to Earth and bring Peace to all the world, but to save mankind from sin.

Read John 14:17. The peace Jesus leaves with us is not the peace that the world gives, but Jesus gives us the peace of us not being troubled nor being afraid, through the Holy Spirit. The "contradictions" you talk about have nothing to do with eachother.
These are your added views on them and interpretations of them. When they are read palin as day simply as to what they say...they contradict. Now if course if you add to it your ideas about what you think the verses REALLY mean then of course you can make them not contradict..but without your twist on what you think they REALLY mean, they contradcit.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0