Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why must we, the Christians, be persecuted for our believes? Public schools, for instance. Why can they ban the word "Lord" from the schools, fearing to offend those who do not believe, but do they not understand? Do they not understand that the ones who offended are actually Christians who are getting their believes shoved aside? Why must we be the ones persecuted, because we are the ones that are trying to spread happiness and goodness throughout the world? Why do people say that there isn't a God, and that the Earth was created in one large explosion? Why do they not understand? Why must generation of genertation of Chirstians stand for this, and somehow keep the Lord's teachings alive? Why?
First of all:

1.) You can say "Lord" in public school. I'm getting tired of people saying that they can't pray or read the Bible etc in public school - none of it is true.

2.) Someone having a different view about the beginning of the world isn't persecution. Why are you so sensitive? Christians have been burned at the stake, fed to the lions, violently suppressed by governments and now you tell me that someone having a different view about the way in which the universe begun is "persecution"?

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but grow some thicker skin. Nothing any Christians experience or have experienced in this country comes close to true persecution.
Ringo

Upvote 0
Apr 16, 2008
Greenville, NC USA
✟7,648.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
GOD BLESS YOU

We have a strength they don't. JESUS CHRIST died for us because HE LOVES us. GOD sent JESUS CHRIST HIS only begotten SON because HE LOVES us. We became Christians to receive Love and to share Love. Persecution is better than condemnation. We will have Eternal Life and Rejoice always. :clap:

Upvote 0

exxxys

Heathen
Apr 30, 2008
THE BIG T DOT
✟8,268.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Others
You DO realize that pushing your beliefs on someone who doesn't want to be Christian will offend them greatly?

Do you have any idea how mad I get when Mormons or JW's show up at my door, and tell me how sinful I am? I tell them (In quite blatant terms) to get off my property. I promptly phone my neighbors and tell them who is about to show up at their doors.

When you try to bring faith into public schools, you won't get respect. You should not feel persecuted. The people who should feel persecuted are the Jews, Muslims, Pagans, and Hindus who are constantly being harrassed about their beliefs.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2008
✟7,613.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My parents are atheists. My mother especially disapproved of the way my late grandmother gave to Christian charities. My parents accept that I'm a Christian, but my mother is all paranoid about how she thinks I'll be taken advantage of by so-called-Christians with intentions "less than honest". I tell her that I may be naive, but I'm not a simpleton. If only I could make her understand...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.