• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why was I born with OCD

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi CF it’s me again.

today I’m asking a question that I know only God himself will ever know.But I cannot fathom in the slightest bit why,but my question is,

“Why was I born with OCD?”

the struggles it brings makes me feel like faith is hopeless,and like I never can be saved because of the mental struggles and torment it brings.Can someone please help me see the Good in having OCD?

• Prayers
Reactions: Press On

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ocd, is fairly new on the scene? Because I would think from our environment.
So much is harmful to us. We would have all been better off if we lived on farms. They had simple illnesses, less environmental hazards.
I am sorry you suffer. Maybe look at it as there are far worse and what would God want you to do with it?
God's will be done.
You must be a strong person.
God bless you!:)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That question, "Why?" is common to mankind. My grandmother ask me why people have to suffer. She had cancer. I didn't know why. I remember my mother-in-law was on a ventilator and we knew she would never breathe on her own again. I wrote a letter to my MIL and told her that whenever I was in pain, I thought of Jesus dying on the cross. Her nurse told me that she frequently asked to have that letter read to her again.

After my first grandchild was born I looked at him and thought something was wrong with his eyes. The doctor who had delivered him hadn't said anything. I was used to people telling me basically that I worry over nothing so I kept my thoughts to myself. A few weeks later my daughter told me, "He has congenital glaucoma."

I cried. Then I thought, "What can we do to help him?" He had more than twenty eye surgeries beginning as an infant. Now, as an adult, he's 100% blind. Why? We don't know the reason God allowed this to happen, but that gave my daughter the incentive to become a teacher of blind and low vision children. She LOVES teaching! One of my sisters(my father's daughter from his second marriage) lost her first baby to a miscarriage. Her second child, a girl, was born with Down's Syndrome.

Two of my second-great-grandparents died of diseases that could have been cured with antibiotics which were discovered shortly thereafter. I don't know the reasons for OCD and other unfortunate circumstances, but there are so many of us who care that people have to endure difficult circumstances. And this is why I'm so grateful for the things I've endured: I can identify with people who struggle. I'm blessed by the lessons I learned because I can ask God to help anyone who is struggling. Actually that's an answer to a prayer I prayed as a child; a prayer I read in a Little Golden book that I bought with my allowance.

Please, God, help Blaise to find encouragement and purpose in his life. Give him strength and thank You, Lord, for bringing him here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi CF it’s me again.

today I’m asking a question that I know only God himself will ever know.But I cannot fathom in the slightest bit why,but my question is,

“Why was I born with OCD?”

the struggles it brings makes me feel like faith is hopeless,and like I never can be saved because of the mental struggles and torment it brings.Can someone please help me see the Good in having OCD?
Any weakness can become God's strength in your life, you just have to trust Him with its use .... and then do the faith work with Him for decades to make it happen.

For example, people who begin with a diluted sense of reality make great prayer warriors, it's easier for them to believe anything is possible for God.

Most psychological deficiencies begin to look Godly when fear is replaced with Godly love.

So the encouragement that comes to me is:

By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.
(1 John 4:17)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sickness is in the world because of sin (though not necessarily your sin).
You will never get free of it, if you embrace it.

See a psychiatrist.
Go to a church that is good at dealing with mental illnesses.

The Church & Mental Illness...

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From my experience OCD is from the devil, i was free of intrusive thoughts and obsessions, how curious that christians get tormented with thoughts against God? Those are not your thoughts!.
Unless 'i am from mars' or something i can assume other peope is passing the same that happened to me regarding ocd, seek deliverance. There is hope the devil is defeated.

Upvote 0