2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
johnd said:
The Bible teaches that three co-existent, co-eternal individuals are the one God
it is your interpretation which is that 3 beings are one being, which is a contradiction and therefore not true.

johnd said:
Shall I provide it yet again? You said I never have. But it's easy for me to because all I have to do is copy and paste what I've already written and you deny was ever written. I'll do it yet again so you can deny it again... how's that?
you merely provided your beliefs, Your beliefs doesn’t prove that anything I said was illogical or fractured.

johnd said:
Quoting the scriptures to show the nature of God as God revealed it means you should not call God non-sense.
I call trinity nonsense, because saying 3 is one is nonsense. I never said God is nonsense. God never said he is a trinity, you do.

johnd said:
You say Apostolic, I say Apostate. You belong to the same group.
as I stated, I would have to have believed in the trinity to be apostate from it, I am an unbeliever in trinity, not apostate from it.
johnd said:
No you don't.
johnd said:
Try this on for size:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

More than one individual is God and one of them became the man Jesus. Let's just see how much of every word you believe...
I believe every word of john 1.1 and john1.14, I do not believe your interpretation of it. That does not mean I do not believe the word of God.
johnd said:
That's not possible. What are you so uncertain of your Jesus that you are too scared to say you don't believe in my Jesus?
I believe in the Jesus who died on thecross for me at calvary, if that is your Jesus then we believe in the same Jesus.

johd said:
Matthew 24:24 false christs
johd said:
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 another Jesus
Galatians 1:8-9 a different gospel
nothing in those scriptures about Jesus being part of some fictitous trinity. That is your interpretation, not what it says.
johnd said:
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
I know Jesus personally and He knows me, so that verse only reaffirms the surety of my salvation, again nothing in that verse about any trinity, that is your interpretation, not what it says.

johnd said:
You'd better be more certain you have the correct / genuine Jesus than you seem to be, Partner! You don't want to find out in the judgment you followed the wrong Jesus.
I am not worried I know the one in whom I believe, I know God the Father and his son Jesus personally and scripture assures me that this is eternal life. Your assertion that I gotta believe trinity to b e saved has no scriptural support, just your interpretations of scripture, not scripture. I rely on scripture for salvation not peoples interpretations of scripture.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

johnd said:
It's all through the Bible. It's divine revelation
It is no where in the bible, you interpret scripture to mean Jesus is God and trinity. I read scripture that says that Only God the Father is god, and I believe it. John 17.3 and 1 cor. 8.6. I do not have to interpret scripture for my doctrine that God the father is the one and only true God. It is exactly what scripture says. Your doctrine that god is a trinity is an interpretation of scripture that contradicts 1 cor. 8.6 and john 17,3 and therefore is wrong.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
you just named 3 individuals each of which you call god then say they are one god. illogic supremo.

Because you can't get past the fact that there is not one God per person / individual.

The Pep Boys are Manny Moe and Jack... they have ONE company not three because three individuals are named.

Alec, Daniel, William and Stephen Baldwin were born and raised in ONE family not four families because four individuals are named...

your logic is fractured and misapplied because of your stubborn refusal to face the scriptures and the truth.

I aint jw.
and I didn't say that.
jw's say that. Obvioulsy you can't understand what a qualitative predicate nominative is despite my detailed explanation.
john 17.20 is not a predicate nominative joined by the verb to be or to become. that is the case in john 1.1 which requires that God is most probably a qualitative predicate nominative.
So what, now are you taking up the concocted JW argument while claiming not to be one?

even many trinitarians admit that God in 'the word was God" is a qualitative predicate nominative.
The Bible does not deal in gray areas regarding God, Duckie. There are only two kinds. The true God and false gods. Now the situation in both John 1:1 and John 20:17 are the noun kai noun use in the Greek which does not supply the article repeatedly when the subject has not changed.

So, the Word was WITH ho theos KAI theos was the Word.

Of course I believe the context demands that God is qualitative. anyone who thinks 3 is one has a different idea of what the context is.
Qualitative quantitative talk about words that are not in the Bible... subterfuge... quote scripture (the final court of arbitration) or peddle your wares elsewhere...

I don't believe 3 is one, neither does any first grader.
A first grader can have the understanding of the compound unity like a family. Why can't you?

Illogical fallacy #1 of yours here. You will notice here that I explain how your statements are illogical and nonsesnical instead of your method which is name it and claim it, say i make illogical statements then show nothing i said that is illogical,
Sure I have... repeatedly. I'll do it once more right here for the world to see that I did it and that you apparently have so little to defend your argument with that you must resort to subterfuge and outright dishonesty making these untrue claims:

The One Unity of Three can be found in a family of three a corporation of three and so on. God revealed in the Bible:

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

God was WITH God.

You try to redefine it away with unbiblical words and break down of syntax and all to avoid what the verse is simply saying. There is a plurality of individuals who are the one God.

Illogical fallacy # 2 of yours here.
the word did not become a man and the word is not a diety. the word is what God says, and what God says isn't god.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God.

Illogical fallacy #3 of yours here.
the holy spirit is the spirit of God the Father, the only true God. there are not 2 beings here only one.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

You directly contradict scripture and what Jesus himself said after his resurrection. Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus says here he is not a spirit you say he is a spirit, icontradiction supremo.
Then what pray tell do you do with this verse?

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

God didn't bridge the gap between God and man, the man Christ jesus did, thus you contradict scripture for the umpteenth time.
Job 9:33 Neither is there (at the time) any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

This is not just a prerequisite to 1 Timothy 2:5 but defining a characteristic about the mediator to be able to touch the Divine. And no mere man can accomplish this. Neither would a mere man's single sacrifice save anyone but himself. Furthermore, he is the Creator of all things and is responsible for all things... thus it is he who had to pay the penalty for sin (Proverbs 26:27).

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
then Jesus is not fully man if his spirit is not a human spirit as you assert. and thus you cannot saythat Jesus is fully man, without contradicting yourself.

Your claim is unfounded. Where in the Bible does its say a man is not a man (fully or otherwise) without a human spirit?

either one is true and either one is correct grammatically. there was no indefinite article (a or an) in ancient Greek, so it is left up to the translator to determine whether a or an is or isn't appropriate. God is a spirit amongst many spirits, angels are spirits, demons are spirits, and god the Father the only true God is a spirit being. God is spirit is rather awkward actually in English.

So it's up to the translator... this is why we have the whole of scripture to consider so that it's not left up to any translators.... like the ones who thought they'd help God along with passages like

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

or

Genesis 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

which did not exist until long after both Abram and Moses were dead.

So you cannot let a translator (well meaning or not) slip in an "a" that isn't there in the original text. God is Spirit. Of this we can agree. Since we do not dispute the fact that there are numerous spirits (angels etc) there are spirits of individuals. So angels also are spirit. It has no ramification as to how many there are.

incarnation is not in the bible, it is a result of a partially literal interpretation of the highly figurative verse john 1.14. THus there is no supporting evidence to interpret john 1.14 to mean incarnation in that incarnation is not in the bible, it is a reincarnationists concept, not biblical.

You know... I have a strong feeling it's time to just leave you to your beliefs... because you have undeified Jesus by proxy and you don't even recognize it. Your use of the word "figurative" and "quantitative versus qualitative" is just another way of saying it's time to play the old spiritualize the bible verses game... and I won't play that foolishness with anyone. Because ANY part of the Bible you don't like you spiritualize. And I revere the Word of God too much.

Have fun chasing your own tail henceforth, Duckie.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
johnd said:
Because you can't get past the fact that there is not one God per person / individual.
you call god the father god, you call god the son God, you call god the holy spirit god, you say they are not each other, therefore you have 3 gods and deny it. You refuse to add up your gods unless you call these individuals person of god, then you have no difficulty adding them up correctly to 3.

johnd said:
The Pep Boys are Manny Moe and Jack... they have ONE company not three because three individuals are named
The analogy does not work because a company is not a b eing. Trinity teaches that 3 beings are one being. God is a being and God the father is another being who along with 2 others are the one being God. Which of course is A nonsensical contradiction.

johnd said:
your logic is fractured and misapplied because of your stubborn refusal to face the scriptures and the truth.
again you claim my logic is fractured because I don’t believe like you do. That doesn’t make my logic fractured. Fractured logic would be something that doesn’t make sense like naming 3 different gods then refusing to add them up to 3 unless you call them something else. My refusal to believe your fractured logic doesn’t make my logic fractured.

johnd said:
So what, now are you taking up the concocted JW argument while claiming not to be one?
reread what I said, what I said is nothing like your response. Apparently you can’t conceive of the idea of a qualitative predicate nominative. JW’s do not believe God is a qualitative predicate nominative in john 1.1 c. so why do you insist despite the evidence, that I agree with JWs? Do you know that a qualitative predicate nominative is not the same thing as an indefinite predicate nominative? It isn’t. It seems you just want to throw me in with JW.s without any reason to do so except a misstating of the facts.

johnd said:
. Qualitative quantitative talk about words that are not in the Bible... subterfuge... quote scripture (the final court of arbitration) or peddle your wares elsewhere...
looking for a way to duck this conversation ? I quote scripture just as much maybe more than you so because i analyise the grammar in a particualar versse I am resorting ot subterfuge? that is ridiculous.

are nouns in the bible? Are verbs in the bible? Are adjectives in the bible? Obviously you do not want to deal with a qualitative predicate nominative. I showed you Trinitarian scholars who admit that God in john 1.1c is qualitative. And I do quote scripture. Just as much as you do maybe more.
johnd said:
A first grader can have the understanding of the compound unity like a family. Why can't you
The compound unity argument is bogus , because everything even a tiny atom is a compound unity of electrons protons and neutrons. Your analogy that 3 brother s are one family equates to 3 persons of god being one god is false because a family is a group of beings, thus if your family analogy holds water it would meant that god is a group of Gods or persons of god, you call them both, depending upon whether you have to add them up or not. There is no analogy of 3 beings being one being. That is a contradiction. Trinity is that contradiction.

johnd said:
The One Unity of Three can be found in a family of three a corporation of three and so on. God revealed in the Bible:
a family of three is not 3 beings that are one being, thus you have as yet t o have an analogy for t rinity. There is none.

johnd said:
You try to redefine it away with unbiblical words and break down of syntax and all to avoid what the verse is simply saying. There is a plurality of individuals who are the one God.
I guess next you’re going to say t hat anyone who claims a word in the bible is a noun is resorting to syntax and redefining verses away with unbiblical words. Which is just as ridiculous as what you say here. There are qualitative predicate nominatives in the bible besides john 1.1c. Such as “god is love” and “love is kind” . I already explained it you ignored it.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
johnd said:
You know... I have a strong feeling it's time to just leave you to your beliefs... because you have undeified Jesus by proxy and you don't even recognize it. Your use of the word "figurative" and "quantitative versus qualitative" is just another way of saying it's time to play the old spiritualize the bible verses game... and I won't play that foolishness with anyone. Because ANY part of the Bible you don't like you spiritualize. And I revere the Word of God too much.

Have fun chasing your own tail henceforth, Duckie.
actually all the triniatians leave once i point out the illogic of trinity, you are the first one in a long time to try and deal with trinitarian illogic.

your assertion that analysing the grammar of a verse is spiritualizing a verse is ridiculous. But bye it's always fun exposing the illogic of trinity and watching trinitarians refusing to deal with it. thanks for the fun. I've run into this many times with other trinitarians. make false claims about your opponent then leave. I never spiritualized any verse. but you apparently want a reason to leave so b ye.
johnd said:
So it's up to the translator... this is why we have the whole of scripture to consider so that it's not left up to any translators.... like the ones who thought they'd help God along with passages like
It is extremely piqaune whether God is spirit or God is a spirit. you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
But there comes a time of knowing when to quit arguing with those who no matter what will not face the truth, admit the truth, and who live to make truth bend around what they or their leaders determine is true despite the factual evidence to the contrary.

You will note that 2ducklow spiritualizes scripture to fit his doctrine. This is nothing less than what any cult does. For example,

The Oneness translation of:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the spoken word, and the spoken word was with God, and the spoken word was quantitatively God... but not God God...

John 1:14 And the spoken word was figuratively made made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the figuratively only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is the New FIGURATIVE Version.

So Jesus in their theology is a human glove that God slipped on to pay the sin debt for humanity. Gone are the verses which teach Jesus existed before 7 BC as God Almighty who existed with God (John 1:1) and who was equal with God (John 5:18 and Philippians 2:6).

To them Jesus was merely spoken words of God who used words to create all things and so his mention of being the medium through which God created all things is how they interpret John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, and so on.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus is apparently desirous of being returned to the mindless / personhoodless/ lack of individuality state of being spoken words. That being the case, I suppose we all are...

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So, according to Oneness theology, Jesus is not God at all but a puppet God uses. He will revert to his pre-incarnate glory as he was in the beginning before the world began as spoken words. And we are going to be like him.

So, the Buddhists were correct... according to Oneness theology types. And I say, if you are a true Oneness theologian, why fool with Christianity at all? Buddhists have a Jesus and he is nothing more than avatar leading us to the same nirvana Oneness theology does. So, get fat, don a diaper, shave your heads, and chill, Oneness types. Stop messing with Christians. Stop trying to be Christians. Christianity doesn't fit your theology.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
But there comes a time of knowing when to quit arguing with those who no matter what will not face the truth, admit the truth, and who live to make truth bend around what they or their leaders determine is true despite the factual evidence to the contrary.

You will note that 2ducklow spiritualizes scripture to fit his doctrine. This is nothing less than what any cult does. For example, The Oneness translation of:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the spoken word, and the spoken word was with God, and the spoken word was quantitatively God... but not God God

John 1:14 And the spoken word was figuratively made made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the figuratively only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is the New FIGURATIVE Version.
NOt so, the word is often personified in scripture such as.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

why don't you say the word is a colemen lantern? It would make as much sense as saying that what god says is Jesus. so the use of the word of god in a personified sense is nothing new.

johnd said:
So Jesus in their theology is a human glove that God slipped on to pay the sin debt for humanity.
Jesus said his father dwelt in him, I believe God the father dwelt in Jesus because Jesus said it. if you choose to ridicule this, that's between you and God not me.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
johnd said:
So, according to Oneness theology, Jesus is not God at all but a puppet God uses. He will revert to his pre-incarnate glory as he was in the beginning before the world began as spoken words. And we are going to be like him

So, the Buddhists were correct... according to Oneness theology types. And I say, if you are a true Oneness theologian, why fool with Christianity at all? Buddhists have a Jesus and he is nothing more than avatar leading us to the same nirvana Oneness theology does. So, get fat, don a diaper, shave your heads, and chill, Oneness types. Stop messing with Christians. Stop trying to be Christians. Christianity doesn't fit your theology.
Jesus is the man who was born in bethlehem had a ministry in judea and died on the cross for all mankind so that anyone who believes in him and his words has eternal life.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
here is something to consider, assuming anyone is here but me.

All who consider the issue agree that the doctrine of the Trinity is incomprehensible. Its most ardent proponents suppose this to be a strength -- that as we cannot comprehend the majesty and glory of the infinite Creator, so we cannot fathom his nature and being. Not so. The Creator has explicitly revealed himself through His Word as a mighty, unitary being, the great first cause of all things, having no equal, no predecessor and no successor. He is Jehovah by name, and God by title.
http://www.bibletoday.com/harmony/trinity.htm

everyone agrees that trinity is incomprehensible. To say trinity is comprehensible is to not consider the issue.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
^_^

For Oneness to be true you have to undeify Jesus and turn him into a puppet / glove for YHVH and that Jesus' ultimate end is nothingness and those who believe in him will be like him... nothing

So you and yours have fallen hook, line, and sinker for Buddhism.

^_^

So why don't you just cut out the middle man and stop trying to be Christian and be Buddhist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
oh I thought you left.anyway.

^_^

For Oneness to be true you have to undeify Jesus and turn him into a puppet / glove for YHVH and that Jesus' ultimate end is nothingness and those who believe in him will be like him... nothing
Jesus said his father who is the only true God dwells within him, if you wanna call that puppet/glove thats between you and god's word. Most oneness people believe Jesus is God, but not all of us, I believe JEsus is not God but is the new creation of God, the second adam. Jesus ultimate end is to give back to the Father everything.
1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

johnd said:
So you and yours have fallen hook, line, and sinker for Buddhism.

^_^
No we fell hook line and sinker for God's word that says God was in Christ. So christ cannot be God.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And we fell hook line an sinker for the belief that God the Father indwells Jesus.

\John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Thus far you haven't explained what you believe "god was in Christ" and "the Father that dwelleth in me (Jesus) " means, I have. the verses mean what they say, what say you?
johnd said:
So why don't you just cut out the middle man and stop trying to be Christian and be Buddhist?
because we believe in Jesus not Budda. BEcause I believe God was in Christ does not make me a buddhist. Believing God was in Christ is believing Scripture, no interpretation necessary.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Oneness theology is forced by the Bible ultimately in the belief that Christ will return to whatever preincarnate state Oneness theology believes he was in and we will be like that.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Ergo Oneness theology is Buddhist whether or not they believe or admit it.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Oneness theology is forced by the Bible ultimately in the belief that Christ will return to whatever preincarnate state Oneness theology believes he was in and we will be like that.

Trinity teaches reincarnation not oneness. Trinity teaches God changed from spirit to flesh, and at the same time didn't change at all (a contradiction, one of many in Trinity.), and after Jesus rose they teach that he changed back to god and ceased to be a human again, that is several stages of reincarnation.

oneness teaches, at least the oneness theology I subscirbe to, and I believe most oneness people believe this, that Jesus life began at his birth. Like all humans, If Jesus was reincarnated as trinity teaches ,then Jesus is not fully human as trinity also teaches, thus another of many contradictions in trinity.Trintarians should never accuse anyone of teaching reincarnation, it's their bread and butter.

johnd said:
John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Another bad translation, the Greek word means yourself, not presence,
John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them; that they may be one, even as we are one;

Jesus asked for the glory of God's own self, which Jesus already had so he had to be asking for it as a stand in for the first adam, just as Jesus was baptised for the remission of sins in adams place, and just as Jesus died on the cross as a stand in for the first adam (that be us). Jesus received that glory in verse 5 and gives it to us in verse 22 , see quote above. Jesus said that God the Father indwelt him, so Jesus had the glory of God's own self, which is why Jesus could do all the miracles he did, because Jesus himself said he could do nothing and that his words were not his own but his Fathers, I showed you those scriptures before.
you ridiculed them with something about it being ridiculous that Jesus could do nothing.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

johnd said:
1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

It appears that you do not believe that we shall be like him, I do. scripture says it and I believe it. so your proof that oneness is buddhism is innane.

Ephesians 4:13 till we all attain unto the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a fullgrown man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

It appears you do not believe God was in Christ, that Christ can do nothing of his own self, that we shall be like him, So if you disbelieve so many scriptures like these, how can you claim to be a christian? You've not onlydisbelieved 'God was in Christ" you've ridiculed it with your puppet glove thing. Christians aren't supose to disbelieve scriputre much less ridicule them.
johnd said:
Ergo Oneness theology is Buddhist whether or not they believe or admit it.
So if one believes that God is in christ he is a buddhist. that is beyond ridiculous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, AND I work. 18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal WITH God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
you're kinda goin way downhill with this one John in defending trinity. I didn't watch it nor will I.

But it shows how ridiculous you sound and how hard you make it to keep a straight face now that I know you don't even have a clue about where your theology ends up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.