• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why the torment?

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes I ask myself “why me”

for those who don’t know,i only have one sibling,I have a younger sister who is completely fine,she has no mental illness and seemingly believes in Jesus,she has a normal life.

But my life is riddled with torment and anxiety,I am tormented for days at a time,I have to take medication,and I struggle with faith problems and OCD symptoms,Autism,ADHD(supposedly),depression at times,and anxiety.
I ask myself and God sometimes,why was I the one?,why was I cast with mental illness,why the one who came from the same womb picked to suffer?,why?

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

for those who don’t know,i only have one sibling,I have a younger sister who is completely fine,she has no mental illness and seemingly believes in Jesus,she has a normal life.

But my life is riddled with torment and anxiety,I am tormented for days at a time,I have to take medication,and I struggle with faith problems and OCD symptoms,Autism,ADHD(supposedly),depression at times,and anxiety.
I ask myself and God sometimes,why was I the one?,why was I cast with mental illness,why the one who came from the same womb picked to suffer?,why?

I am sorry you are suffering in this way, Blaise. That's all I know to say. I remember seeing posts like this from you before. :( May the Lord be with you and bring you peace and healing, even when all seems impossible and hopeless.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,549.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

We don't know why some undergo suffering and others don't. The only answer is that we live in a world blighted by sin. But God has given us a promise: "Be not anxious for anything, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:36-37).

Paul did not have an easy life, and you can see in 2 Corinthians 1 that he suffered to the point where he despaired of life. He said that he had the sentence of death in himself that he should not trust in himself but in God who raises the dead. He also said that in what ever state he found himself in, he decided to be content. He said that he had a thorn in the flesh to keep him humble before God. He talked about this thorn after describing the horrendous suffering he went through as the result of his preaching of the Gospel. Therefore the thorn was the intense persecution he was getting for being faithful to Christ in the ministry he was performing.

I think the first thing for you is to examine yourself to confirm that you are in the faith. You need to ask these questions before God:
1. Have I really repented of all sin?
2. Have I started a prayer life, and am I fellowshiping with other Christians.
3. Am I happily continuing in the doctrine that the Apostles preached?
4. If I have been involved in the Occult in any way, have I renounced it? A good book to consult, and you can download it as a PDF, is The Bondage Breaker, by Neil Anderson.

I am getting you to answer these questions because it is not enough to have just prayed a sinner's prayer and then believed you are saved without carrying on to repent of sin, continue to prayer, be open to the Holy Spirit to transform you, to fellowship with other believers, to be true to sound doctrine as seen in the Apostles' teaching in the New Testament.

The Bible says that if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation. Old things have passed away, all things have become new. Quoting that Scripture stops the fiery darts of the enemy bringing up stuff from your past that makes you feel guilty and ashamed.

It is by pressing into God, asking the Holy Spirit to transform you in the person Jesus wants you to be, making a life-long commitment to Christ, forsaking the works of the flesh, and the attitudes of the world, that you show the fruit of righteousness.

Another book by Neil Anderson that will help you is, "Finding Hope Again" that deals with mental illness and helps one to recognise the causes of it and how to successfully treat it.

The saying is, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". One can remain on the couch, wallowing in self-pity wailing "why me? Woe is me!" or one can get to grips with God for the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to rise up in newness of life in Christ.

The Scripture says, "Those who trust in the Lord shall rise up as eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint".

Jacob took hold of the angel of the Lord, and said, "I will not let you go until you bless me". He was determined that the only way out of his predicament was to get a blessing from the Lord, and he was not going to let the Lord go until he got it. That is what faith in Christ is all about.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One thing that helps me to have patience is to look at my problems from the perspective of what I actually deserve from God. The thought that I am not suffering the eternal torments of Hell ought to bring me to tears of joy. Thank you God for your great mercy! And please help us to view your dealings with us in the light of eternity.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry to hear about your suffering. I can't help with all of your issues. I don't even know the half of them.

It may be helpful to divide and conquer. Certainly, getting your faith sorted out is a priority since seeking first the kingdom of God is a priority to earthly concerns. Once you have that sorted out maybe you can tackle the other things more effectively.

Bear in mind, when you do not recognize that God operates on the basis of covenants and promises, this leaves a vacuum that is left to be filled with endless speculation, new requirements, and doubts. It may not be conducive to someone with OCD. A church that has a solid foundation on the gospels, and the new covenant, might be better. That's just my opinion though.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i have asked myself the same question. i come from a family of seven kids and only my younger sister struggles with depression at times all the others are fine while i have been tormented since i was a teenager.

However i found the answer! God made me for His glory. i know that might sound like a strange answer but that is the truth of it. The truth is Jesus made you for His glory too. He wants you to find healing in His loving truth.

i know that struggling with faith problems when we are mentally ill is the worst culprit keeping us away from God's loving comfort. i also really struggled with that.

For me the answer was finding Jesus in my heart. i knew from Scripture that Jesus lives in the heart of believers, but my heart seem empty of any godly presence, this is why i thought i was not one of the elect and doubted God really loved me.

However Jesus did live in my heart. Right at the bottom of it, i found Him buried under all my sins deep down in my pit. He was almost unrecognisable that is how much my inner sins, doubt and unbelief had tormented Him.

It wasn't until i had put my faith in God's love that i found Him there. Oh live has been so good since i found Him. He has transformed my heart from within. He chased all my sinful selves out and grew me a loving trusting believer instead of one who always doubted Him.

Honest dear struggling fellow believer, it has been unbelievable what Jesus has all done in my heart. He made me stronger than my depression. He made me the fearful one fearless. He brought love for God and love for neighbour in my heart. He saved me from my sin and rebuild me completely in His loving truth.

All because i dared believe He lived in my heart and spoke the truth of Scripture in love for God and neighbour in my heart. That is who i have learned to listen to. To the living word.

He destroyed me in all my doubts and unbelief and grew me a faith so strong that even when i'm floored by my depressive illness His love comforts and sustains me.

i know now that He puts our whole life upside down. Where what is last and most miserable in us is now first and happiest and what was ruling us in sin is now on the bottom of the pit where once i lingered fdor years.

The biggest truth that guided me was heeding the living word in my heart and learning to love and trust God instead of doubt and fear Him. i love how He turned everything upside down in my life and now makes good life come out of bad life.

Years ago He told me what you sow you shall harvest. In those days i believed my despair, hopelessness, sadness and fears, that is why they could torture me so badly, for what you sow you shall harvest. When i began to sow faith love and hope then my torture was soon behind me and my life in Him took of for the better.

i even thank Him now for all the suffering i have been through because the eternal treasures i have gained because of my sufferings are enormous because of that.

i so hope you will put your faith in His love as well and walk away from your pit.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i have asked myself the same question. i come from a family of seven kids and only my younger sister struggles with depression at times all the others are fine while i have been tormented since i was a teenager.

However i found the answer! God made me for His glory. i know that might sound like a strange answer but that is the truth of it. The truth is Jesus made you for His glory too. He wants you to find healing in His loving truth.

i know that struggling with faith problems when we are mentally ill is the worst culprit keeping us away from God's loving comfort. i also really struggled with that.

For me the answer was finding Jesus in my heart. i knew from Scripture that Jesus lives in the heart of believers, but my heart seem empty of any godly presence, this is why i thought i was not one of the elect and doubted God really loved me.

However Jesus did live in my heart. Right at the bottom of it, i found Him buried under all my sins deep down in my pit. He was almost unrecognisable that is how much my inner sins, doubt and unbelief had tormented Him.

It wasn't until i had put my faith in God's love that i found Him there. Oh live has been so good since i found Him. He has transformed my heart from within. He chased all my sinful selves out and grew me a loving trusting believer instead of one who always doubted Him.

Honest dear struggling fellow believer, it has been unbelievable what Jesus has all done in my heart. He made me stronger than my depression. He made me the fearful one fearless. He brought love for God and love for neighbour in my heart. He saved me from my sin and rebuild me completely in His loving truth.

All because i dared believe He lived in my heart and spoke the truth of Scripture in love for God and neighbour in my heart. That is who i have learned to listen to. To the living word.

He destroyed me in all my doubts and unbelief and grew me a faith so strong that even when i'm floored by my depressive illness His love comforts and sustains me.

i know now that He puts our whole life upside down. Where what is last and most miserable in us is now first and happiest and what was ruling us in sin is now on the bottom of the pit where once i lingered fdor years.

The biggest truth that guided me was heeding the living word in my heart and learning to love and trust God instead of doubt and fear Him. i love how He turned everything upside down in my life and now makes good life come out of bad life.

Years ago He told me what you sow you shall harvest. In those days i believed my despair, hopelessness, sadness and fears, that is why they could torture me so badly, for what you sow you shall harvest. When i began to sow faith love and hope then my torture was soon behind me and my life in Him took of for the better.

i even thank Him now for all the suffering i have been through because the eternal treasures i have gained because of my sufferings are enormous because of that.

i so hope you will put your faith in His love as well and walk away from your pit.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love
I absolutely want to,but I don’t know how and I doubt if I truly want to,and that is what scares me,part of me doesn’t and the other part does.I’m just very confused,what if I don’t feel any love for Jesus,in the back of my mind I know that there is no other thing or persont that can help me more than Jesus.That is why I always turn to him,because he is the only one who can help me.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I absolutely want to,but I don’t know how and I doubt if I truly want to,and that is what scares me,part of me doesn’t and the other part does.I’m just very confused,what if I don’t feel any love for Jesus,in the back of my mind I know that there is no other thing or persont that can help me more than Jesus.That is why I always turn to him,because he is the only one who can help me.
When I have felt as you do, what has helped me and still does is to shift attention away from the problems I see with myself and in my life and towards Christ.

I start with prayer of gratitude. The Bible instructs us to pray to communicate with Him. Think about it - if you have a friend that you like but you never talk with that person, eventually you'll second-guess why you even like that person at all, and eventually you'll second-guess IF you even do. So start with prayer.

And the Bible instructs us on prayer. The cornerstone of prayer is gratitude, thankfulness. You can ask God for help and for things your heart desires but before that we are to thank Him. If you think about it, despite problems, you actually have very, very much to be thankful for.

When starting with gratitude, it puts the mind and heart in proper perspective. From there you can continue to pray with God's Will being at the forefront.

If you are having trouble finding gratitude, think about how there are many people who have much bigger problems. Some people are waking up tomorrow in a hospital bed, perhaps unable to walk, or breathe normally, or see, or hear... Some people are waking up with no heat or no food. Some people are getting fired from work tomorrow. Some people are getting into car accidents tomorrow. And replace "some" in all of those with "many" - it isn't the majority of people but it's a lot of people.

Count your blessings, literally, thank God in prayer for everything you can think of... start with that. I think you will find it much easier to proceed from there to ask God that His Will for you be done in helping you further.

I'll pray or you!!!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh my dear confused hurting brother. Can you see doubting Jesus grew you doubt, confusion, insecurity and fear. How much fear has your doubting God brought you? (By the bucket load i used to get it!)

It is like a journey within yourself, by yourself. Just you and the word and then all those lies hurting you. Jesus is the truth of your good life, so placing your faith in Him is placing your trust in The Truth.

Mental illness gave the devil easy excess to us, which as we both know brought us a whole lot of bad life, can you see brother? You are living the truth of God already but on the wrong side, just like i once did. That is because you don't know Jesus in your heart but you do listen to all the lies of the wicked, those powers of the air tormenting you day in day out, you believe them that is why they exist inside of you and can do what they do - bring you immense suffering.

This is where Jesus wants to save you from. He wants you to leave your existence in lies, all the things you now believe about God and yourself, behind, and follow Him.

Can you see that desire to be with God living in you? That is how you hear the voice of Jesus as well. The force behind your desire to be with God is God Himself urging you towards Him.

To hear the Voice of Jesus in your heart you have to heed the truth in love, only then does He become Alive within us, when you heed the truth of God's word in love for God and neighbour.

So when i was where you are now. i had hardly any faith in Jesus. So i began to exercise faith in Jesus. At first i only managed seconds, before the lies of satan in my heart and mind would have me back into their lies hurting again. Seconds where i saw the difference and understood that life in faith is far better than life in my doubt and unbelief.

So i consciously began to exercise my faith in God's love. Can you see? Faith in God's loving truth, is the voice to follow. That is the Holy Spirit leading.

So life with Jesus started seconds at the time at first. Straight away life with Him was good. Soon it became minutes. The minutes became hours and the hours became days and the days became weeks and the weeks became months and the months became years and now i have constant life in His loving truth.

Sure satan threw everything at me. Especially my sins. He tried everything to stop me from heeding Jesus in my heart. i learned to understand that satan has us divided within. and the inside our reality dwell the sheep and the goats. The sheep frightened and insecure doubting their salvation, and the goats ruling our lives with misery.

It is yourself stuck in lies that Jesus wants to save. He wants to be your Saviour and wants you to get to know Him. So don't try and stop your sins in your own ability, or heed the accuser, or follow the lawless ones within, those within your heart who love worldly fun and want to satisfy the graving of the flesh, they all lead to spiritual death and utter agony, rather heed love speaking the truths of Scripture, that is how you escape the torture chambers, your sins and grow into a life full of love, peace and inner rest.

i have eaten the bible - time and again - - not literally but spiritually - i read it to my heart - time and again - and let the Spirit of God teach me the truths it contains. That is what i followed my friend. The loving truth of Jesus. i let the truths of the word be my life, while His love nourishes me into new life, each day some more.

And so Jesus destroyed the power of the wicked to hurt me, even though my depressive illness continues. My life has been turned upside down by the love for God and neighbour He brought alive within me. i love Him with my life and dine each day on His goodness.

i know He wants to be your Saviour as well, for the desire lives in your heart. That is His Spirit longing for you to come and place your faith in God's love and to fight the lies that have you captive now.

This is the poem i wrote to my captivators after i learned to place my faith in God's love. And they are all gone now and i dwell in the truth of Jesus every day. (its a shape poem in the form of a nuclear bomb going off. That is the power God's love had in my life, it wiped out my captivators completely. It took Jesus less than 4 years to build me stronger than my suicidal depression. i will always love Him for doing that.

All praise to Jesus!

Hey Evil Ones!

See.., hear.., feel..?
Do, do, do is what you always yell,
have, have, have is what you always want,
take, take, take is what you always do,
permanently silencing those arising in opposition,
in darkness your evil deeds committing.
Yet what is it all for?
Your realities - the nucleus of wickedness - ruling life?
Who paid for the construction of your daily selves?
Knowing that you are not realising time as you should?
To be the ones after the making of your own waylaid egos?
(Yet perhaps, in retrospect, perishing the morning after,
each time some more - (Oh such a wonderful sight!))

Yet for now - rule.., rule.., rule..,
arrogance decreeing the moments,
inviting evil into being!
Fear.., guilt.., shame!
Much good is forced into hiding!
Innocence is perpetually raped!
Honesty has been imprisoned!
Malefic murderers stalk the night!
Cruel addictions dominate life's needs and desires,
threatening torture and grand scale genocide,
constantly striving for yet more mastery over life,
a great job at being free you are making of it.
Please tell - any excuse to validate your lives of dominant ascendency?
Will deceiving, hurting, robbing and killing life keep going unpunished?

Run.., hide.., mask..,so many lies!
Captivating souls in reigns that scourge,
spoofing perceptions into untrue opinions,
stealthy hypocrisy masques true intent,
turning peaceful good into evil lusts,
Pulling strings creating conforming puppets,
becharming, abducting, and imprisoning,
cowardly hiding behind the bushes along the route,
waiting for the innocent to come walking past.
Hey yellow - changed your colour as of late?
Any of your unveilings been upfront and honest?
Which fictitious identity are you using now?
Still hiding in the same shrouded place?
Hidden headquarters far below the surface?
Billing the cost of your power trip to whom?
How are you planning to abscond all that at The End?
Why will you not respond to any of these questions?
Or do your answers hate the Truth of Life's Light?

Curse.., swear.., yell..,
yes always huffing and puffing,
denying that serving Jesus is Loving Truth.
Tightening values even enforcing moral belts,
yet feasting on the lusts ensuing human flesh.
Flaming rebellion and holier-than-thou attitudes,
destructiveness trying good to accomplish bad,
securing guiltless hearts out of God's existence.
No love for truth is the rule behind wicked lies,
self exultation snaring human egocentricity,
suffocating, strangling, throttling, twisting, perverting
till honest to God is out of breath, prayer faltering into a deadening hold, deception giving rise to lovelessness,
judgement towering over everything.

Twist, swerve, duck, jump,
and then into the attack,
with a cutting tongue to nuke.
getting it out in just one moment,those lying voices of contempt and defilement, cultivating dishonesty and lovelessness, threatening disgrace using guilty feelings, dimming internal lights - dulling comprehension, conquering and captivating even the young, twisting straight paths into covering-up tracks, how long before these devilish tongues will still?

You steal the goodness life has on offer!
For hey, that is what you must carry,
fading stars - falling meteorites of existence,
your woeful truths - evil self retaining - eternally!

For when The Truth comes,
His Light burning your lies,
how will you rule me then?
What power have you got?
Believing you, robs strength,
I myself believing your lies,
stealing my good life away.
You're the worst scum there is,
evil brood, vipers eggs hatching!
What else but to heed Jesus Christ,
our Heavenly Father's Loving Truth?
Jesus true God made Flesh and Blood!
He conquered all you evil ones!
I'll heed His truth instead of you,
how then can you hurt me any longer?

So hear me well
all you evildoers!
I tell you once, I tell you twice..,
I will never forgive wickedness
for being being evil!

OUT OF MY LIFE,
THE LOT OF YOU!!!!

I'll never again listen,
eat your crap,
or listen to beguiling lies!
God's love and peace
my truth instead!
Ruling with Jesus!

Hotter! Yes fry! Burn.., burn.., burn! What temperature
must the fire reach ere you loosen your deadly grip on humanity?

You controlling spirits,
ruling human beings,
defecating good
truth turning ugly.

Life's light within
is what you steal and murder
transforming our truth
into a most volatile fuel!

Can you escape
the flames you yourselves have lit?
The fact is - you always harmed life with your evil lies,
having no mercy on the sick, old, poor and weak ever.
Can you relent from all this
when you run out of time?
Those wicked thoroughfares
out of your back doors?
One big slide into the
gaping mouth called hell!
Your pained and hellish
anguish shall then be,
your thoughts
cashing your words
and your deeds!

As for me?
I shall finally break free,
and come and go as I like,
no more fear inside of me to strike.
Free from cruel imprisonments inwardly,
truly be as I was always destined to be.
A clear conscience - speaks of paradise,
shining like a star at night - I shall arise.
Genuinely the Lord's servant I shall be,
exulting The Way Jesus is also teaches me.
Lambs beside beasts of prey graze the field,
snake bites no longer poison yield.
I shall pick up my bed and walk,
no evil to my heart and mind to talk.
Receiving a kingship from eternity,
ruling my being in peace and prosperity.
This is what I pray will happen to my soul;
that God - The Father of Life - BE - All in All!

Come Lord Jesus, please come and collect The Chosen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved one,I once heard a preacher who told us that how demons came in :
  1. Occult background
  2. Personal occult involvement
  3. Prenatal influences
  4. Soulish involvement
  5. Early childhood pressures
  6. Moment of weakness
  7. Sinful acts or Habits
  8. Walls broken down
Beloved one, but knowing demons came in, will not provide relief as you expected but sure it helps you to be wary of eventual attacks so that you can be more cautious not to give any room for the demons to enter.

How you can get relief from this torment ?
This is what we have heard:

“But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, when the enemies of the Lord attacked your mind vanish away, that means they who troubled you in your mind vanish away; they have vanished into smoke.

So beloved one, blow the enemies of the Lord in the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ—they vanish away like smoke — like vapor.
That is how you get relief from the oppressor of your mind.

Beloved one, I am not undermining what you have been through. For this is what we have heard:

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, before the Lord can hear what you prayed or and said in faith, you need to come to the Lord in repentance. That is why we heard David’s prayer:

“I said, “Lord, be merciful to me;
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.””
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭41:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, our souls is where our minds,emotions and wills reside. So when David said to the Lord,”Heal my soul,”— David was asking the Lord to heal his mind, emotion and will. But before David asked the Lord
to heal his soul, David asked the Lord to be merciful to him — David have seek the Lord’s mercy. Thereafter he asked the Lord to heal
his soul, David also said in humbleness of heart,”for I have sinned against You.”

Beloved one, consider what David said after Psalm 41:4.

“My enemies speak evil of me:
“When will he die, and his name perish?”
And if he comes to see me, he speaks lies; His heart gathers iniquity to itself;
When he goes out, he tells it.
All who hate me whisper together against me;
Against me they devise my hurt.
“An evil disease,” they say,
“clings to him.
And now that he lies down, he will rise up no more.””
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭41:5-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, consider who torment your mind are the demons, your enemies.

Consider what David said:
“But You, O Lord, be merciful to me,
and raise me up,
That I may repay them.

By this I know that You are well pleased with me,
Because my enemy does not triumph over me.
As for me, You uphold me in my integrity,
And set me before Your face forever.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭41:10-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, how do the Lord Jesus Christ raise you up that you may repay the demons ?

Unless you seek the Lord’s mercy and acknowledge your sins like David — how do the Lord know that you respond to His grace of repentance? Have you not understood the condition that He told you before, how you are forgiven ? This is what we have heard:

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, -Matthew 6:14
but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. -Matthew 6:15

Beloved one, daily release forgiveness to anyone who wronged you, and you will receive mercy from your Heavenly Father.

Why this is important to practice daily? Lord Jesus Christ wants you to stay in the Father’s love. Having been forgiven, you receive the grace of repentance that strengthen to obey all His commandments. Beloved one, don’t be afraid of the word”commandments”. Beloved one, when you are forgiven, you are blessed with peace with our Heavenly Father through faith in Christ Jesus. The peace that you received from Christ will enable to do all His commandments without fear, for you will be blessed with the peace of the righteousness of His love, that strengthen you to do what is good, acceptable and perfect will of God.

So beloved one, after you have seek the Lord’s mercy, acknowledged your sin, received forgiveness and release forgiveness to those who wronged you. For you have made peace with God the Father through faith in Christ Jesus, you are justified by faith.
Now take your stand in the grace of our God, rebuke the demons in the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Pray this prayer of self deliverance :

Lord Jesus Christ,
I come humbly before You.

By the power of Holy Spirit, I break all generational curses of pride, rebellion, lust, poverty, witchcraft, idolatry, death, destruction, failure, sickness, infirmity, fear, schizophrenia, and rejection in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all generational and hereditary spirits operating through curses to be bound and cast out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of lust, perversion, adultery, fornication, uncleaness and immortality to come out of my sexual character in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of hurt, rejection, fear, anger, wrath, sadness, depression, discouragement, grief, bitterness, and unforgiveness to come out of my emotions in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of confusion, forgetfulness, mind control, mental illness, double mindedness, fantasies, pain, pride and memory recall to come out of my mind in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I break all curses of schizophrenia and command all spirits of double mindedness, rejection, rebellion and root of bitterness to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of guilt, shame, and condemnation to come out of my conscience in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of pride, stubbornness, disobedience, rebellion, self willed, selfishness and arrogance to come out of my will in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of addiction to come out of my appetite in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all spirits of witchcraft, sorcery, divination and a cult to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my head, eyes, mouth, tongue or throat to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my chest and lungs to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my back and spine to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my stomach, navel, and abdomen to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my heart, spleen, kidney, livers, and pancreas to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my sexual organs to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my hands, arms, legs and feet to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all demons operating in my skeletal system including my bones, joints, knees, and elbows to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my glands and endocrine system to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my blood and circulatory system to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits operating in my muscles and muscular systems to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all religious spirits of doubt, unbelief, error, heresy and tradition that came in through religion to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all evil and dark spirits from my past that are hindering my present and future to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all ancestral spirits that entered through my ancestors to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

By the power of Holy Spirit, I command all hidden evil and dark spirits hiding in any part of my life to come out in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

Beloved one, when you have disturbing thoughts, pray again and again in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ. And the demons shall flee from you.

Remember this and say this in faith, beloved one:
I cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Amen; -2 Corinthians 10:5

I tear down arguments , and every presumptions that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
Amen; -2 Corinthians 10:5

Beloved one, trust the Lord go before you and make the crooked places straight; He will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron. And you will be set free.

To God be all glory and praise. Amen

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget that the incarnation also sanctified our suffering in a sense. We know that our agonies can become a participation in Christ's agony.In a sense, it is an honour and a Divine gift to suffer, as the beatitudes show. The suffering soul is nearer to Christ than the easeful soul.

That isn't to say that God bestows suffering on us as a gift. I believe that God is always working to alleviate suffering- not by erasing it, but by redeeming it.
Childbirth is perhaps the ultimate analogy here. It is, at once, acute suffering and ecstatic joy. The pains of childbirth are a price worth paying. We are in a similar situation. Our agonies are absolutely a price worth paying for what God has in store.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There can be three reasons for this kind of suffering:

1) The devil just hates you and wants to stop you from doing God's work.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:​

2) You have allowed sin into your life, and it is being used to refine you, to bring you back to obedience.

Job 36:8-11 But when people are prisoners of suffering and pain, God points out their sin and their pride, then he warns them to turn back to him. And if they obey, they will be successful and happy from then on.​

3) God is allowing it as a test of faith.

Job was a righteous man, and God allowed him to be tested by sickness, and trouble. But in the end God blessed Job for the difficulties he experienced.
In all three of these situations, the key is to remain faithful to God through the trial, sure the pressure may have caused sin to occur, but move away from sin and toward obedience. And as in all of these situations, you will have a blessed future.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0