Why the Noah Ark discovery has not been revealed ?

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Why in order?

From my experience talking to other people who are downright adamant about getting the order correct, if you get them out of order you are the Wrong Kind of Christian (denominationally speaking). Or possibly a wolf in sheep's clothing here to lead the faithful astray. In event event, those folks sincerely thought that if you got them in the wrong order, you were denying the perfection of the Bible, and therefore challenging and denying God.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
those folks sincerely thought that if you got them in the wrong order, you were denying the perfection of the Bible, and therefore challenging and denying God.
By those folks do you mean the SDA folks?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
By those folks do you mean the SDA folks?

LOL! Not anything that has ever been stated in my 67 years! The first 4 are our duty to God, the last 6 is our duty to man. They are generally memorized in order, but that makes for easier referencing. That way when someone says---the 3rd or the 6th commandment, then we know which one it is. But no one has ever equated knowing the order to being a "real Christian."

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL! Not anything that has ever been stated in my 67 years! The first 4 are our duty to God, the last 6 is our duty to man. They are generally memorized in order, but that makes for easier referencing. That way when someone says---the 3rd or the 6th commandment, then we know which one it is. But no one has ever equated knowing the order to being a "real Christian."
Thanks for your clear answer. I was wondering if I should be worrying about my SDA friend.

Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why in order?

You two just proved my statement by not knowing the importance of the commandments.

mmksparbud even had the nerve to LAUGH
and then say that only the first 4 were worthy of the Lord. Your comment, all by itself, is the poster-child of sheer ignorance as to why the laws were given.

Exodus 20:1

Exodus 20:2

Exodus 20:3

Exodus 20:4

Exodus 20:5

Exodus 20:6

Exodus 20:7

Exodus 20:8

Exodus 20:9

Exodus 20:10

Exodus 20:11

Exodus 20:12

Exodus 20:13

Exodus 20:14

Exodus 20:15

Exodus 20:16

Exodus 20:17

Exodus 20:18

Exodus 20:19

Exodus 20:20

LOL! The first 4 are our duty to God, the last 6 is our duty to man.

Now just picture yourself as a Hebrew in the crowd standing at the foot of Sinai....and a woman says this statement to everyone in front of Moses.

Cuz THAT is the reality of your statement mmksparbud.

You laugh in the face of Moses and scoff at the Lord's laws.

If the day comes that you realize what you've said, then you should feel nothing but embarrassment and shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You two just proved my statement by not knowing the importance of the commandments.
No one denied the importance of the commandments. So it would seems your are casting blame to distract in an attempt to avoid answering a simple question.

Maybe you could manage to answer the question. Why is it important to know them in ORDER? If one names coveting before stealing does it somehow change the importance of either one? That would seem to be a superstition rather like knowing the commandments in order is like reciting a spell. If one doesn't they don't pass a test thus shutting them out of the cult.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 34 (NIV)

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the Lord had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands. 5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.” 8 Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped. 9 “Lord,” he said, “if I have found favor in your eyes, then let the Lord go with us. Although this is a stiff-necked people, forgive our wickedness and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.” 10 Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the Lord, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

1st commandment

12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. 15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

2nd commandment

17 “Do not make any idols .

3rd commandment

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

4th commandment

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck.

5th commandment

Redeem all your firstborn sons. No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

6th commandment

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

7th commandment

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

8th commandment

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

9th commandment

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God .

10th commandment

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

Note: In the passage above all bolding and italics are mine. It is also worth remarking that this is the oldest of the three versions of the ten commandments and the only version to self identify as "the Ten Commandments".

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Press of the world doesnt seem interested to cover this huge discovery.

The video was not there. Who was the speaker and what are their qualifications?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

mmksparbud even had the nerve to LAUGH
and then say that only the first 4 were worthy of the Lord. Your comment, all by itself, is the poster-child of sheer ignorance as to why the laws were given.

Exodus 20:1

Exodus 20:2

Exodus 20:3

Exodus 20:4

Exodus 20:5

Exodus 20:6

Exodus 20:7

Exodus 20:8

Exodus 20:9

Exodus 20:10

Exodus 20:11

Exodus 20:12

Exodus 20:13

Exodus 20:14

Exodus 20:15

Exodus 20:16

Exodus 20:17

Exodus 20:18

Exodus 20:19

Exodus 20:20

Now just picture yourself as a Hebrew in the crowd standing at the foot of Sinai....and a woman says this statement to everyone in front of Moses.

Cuz THAT is the reality of your statement mmksparbud.

You laugh in the face of Moses and scoff at the Lord's laws.

If the day comes that you realize what you've said, then you should feel nothing but embarrassment and shame.

I just saw this! And wow--what a bunch of garbage you have spewed! The 2 categories are the traditional Jewish way of seeing the 10. This is why Jesus said:

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Structure of the Ten Commandments
A dual structure can be seen in the Ten Commandments. Commandments one through four deal with human relationships to God. Commandments six through 10 deal with humanity’s relation to humanity. The fifth commandment, that of honoring one’s parents, forms a sort of bridge between the two.
The Ten Commandments | My Jewish Learning

I did not say that only the 1st 4 were worthy of the Lord!! Talk about twisting what I said! YOU SHOULD BE UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have always thought that the Crucifixion site that people go to today is not the 'actual' site.

To me it just doesnt seem like it is the correct place looking at evidence of another place mentioned in articles i have read. I may be totally wrong.

Ken may have been sitting on the true spot. Who knows.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I agree.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all I think the OP meant the ark of the covenant, not Noah's ark. Secondly, do you believe every word written in a history book today? Are they perfect, without error? No... so it is with Josephus. While he is an invaluable reference, and a treasure trove in terms of understanding first century Hebraic culture, he is still but one source. The bible, and I say this respectfully, very clearly tells us to have multiple witnesses to establish ANY fact. So, Josephus might very well be correct, but unless we have additional witnesses, we simply can't use it as a means to form doctrine even if (or especially if) we are trying to make something fit into what we personally believe. We need additional witnesses or it can't be used to win a case.

Jesus preached to thousands.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus preached to thousands.
Not sure what that has to do with what you replied to. Yes, Yeshua preached to thousands... what does that have to do with Josephus being only one witness of Noach's Ark in his time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums