Why the Noah Ark discovery has not been revealed ?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
He is supposed to have found the Ark of the covenant and a couple of other things as well. I do not know but I could see where they would want to cover this up.

Either way, God is in control and His will be done :]

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is supposed to have found the Ark of the covenant and a couple of other things as well. I do not know but I could see where they would want to cover this up.

The importance is found in Jesus however Rev 11:19 would suggest God did not allow the ark of His covenant to fall into the hands of man.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The Press of the world doesnt seem interested to cover this huge discovery.

Well gosh, that must be onlythe thousandth time Noah’s Ark has been discovered in the last hundred years.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Press of the world doesnt seem interested to cover this huge discovery.
Did you mean ark of the covenant? Wyatt didn't find it... it is still where Jeremiah left it.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well gosh, that must be onlythe thousandth time Noah’s Ark has been discovered in the last hundred years.
At least... and an ark made of wood that has lasted 5000 years? That was some tough wood back then. :)

Upvote 0

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is old news, but as long as the leftist, fake news media is in control, this kind of news will remain hidden from the majority of the world. With that said, I believe this is the actual Ark, because of the measurements, the detected building materials underground, and what looks like petrified wood standing up vertically along the side of the structure. When, or if, God wants this discovery to become fully known to the world, He'll make it known, but as of right now, only seekers will benefit from this discovery, and the scoffers will continue to scoff.

Upvote 0

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least... and an ark made of wood that has lasted 5000 years? That was some tough wood back then. :)

Petrification and the tar/pitch on the Ark may have allowed the Ark to be somewhat preserved until now. Also, the Ark might have been further up the mountain, where it is much colder, when the Ark first landed, keeping it well preserved for centuries, until it moved down the mountain, either by earthquakes and/or mudslides, until it moved into its present location.

Wood can last for thousands of years because of petrification (my spell checker is saying, that's not a word, but I'm using it anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jewish historian, Josephus, wrote about Noah's ark in his writings, that people during his lifetime were going to the Ark and taking pieces of wood off of it as souvenirs. So if Josephus was truthful, and I have no reason to believe he was lying, the Ark still existed 2,000 years ago... that's about 2300 years after the worldwide Flood event. Petrification and the tar/pitch on the Ark may have allowed the Ark to be somewhat preserved until now. Also, the Ark might have been further up the mountain, where it is much colder, when the Ark first landed, keeping it well preserved for centuries, until it moved down the mountain, either by earthquakes and/or mudslides.
First of all I think the OP meant the ark of the covenant, not Noah's ark. Secondly, do you believe every word written in a history book today? Are they perfect, without error? No... so it is with Josephus. While he is an invaluable reference, and a treasure trove in terms of understanding first century Hebraic culture, he is still but one source. The bible, and I say this respectfully, very clearly tells us to have multiple witnesses to establish ANY fact. So, Josephus might very well be correct, but unless we have additional witnesses, we simply can't use it as a means to form doctrine even if (or especially if) we are trying to make something fit into what we personally believe. We need additional witnesses or it can't be used to win a case.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jewish historian, Josephus, wrote about Noah's ark in his writings, that people during his lifetime were going to the Ark and taking pieces of wood off of it as souvenirs. So if Josephus was truthful, and I have no reason to believe he was lying, the Ark still existed 2,000 years ago... that's about 2300 years after the worldwide Flood event. Petrification and the tar/pitch on the Ark may have allowed the Ark to be somewhat preserved until now. Also, the Ark might have been further up the mountain, where it is much colder, when the Ark first landed, keeping it well preserved for centuries, until it moved down the mountain, either by earthquakes and/or mudslides, until it moved into its present location.

Wood can last for thousands of years because of petrification (my spell checker is saying, that's not a word, but I'm using it anyway).
Josephus did not say that he knew people were taking wood or bitumen from the ark. He didn't say that Jews were doing this. This is what Josephus actually said.....emphasis mine.....

6. Now all the writers of Barbarian Histories make mention of this flood, and of this Ark: among whom is Berosus the Chaldean. For when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: “It is said there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyæans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen: which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets, for the averting of mischiefs.” Hieronymus the Egyptian also, who wrote the Phenician Antiquities; and Mnaseas, and a great many more make mention of the same. Nay Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety sixth Book, hath a particular relation about them: where he speaks thus: “There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris: upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the deluge were saved: and that one who was carried in an Ark, came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved: this
might be the man about whom Moses, the Legislator of the Jews, wrote.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all I think the OP meant the ark of the covenant, not Noah's ark. Secondly, do you believe every word written in a history book today? Are they perfect, without error? No... so it is with Josephus. While he is an invaluable reference, and a treasure trove in terms of understanding first century Hebraic culture, he is still but one source. The bible, and I say this respectfully, very clearly tells us to have multiple witnesses to establish ANY fact. So, Josephus might very well be correct, but unless we have additional witnesses, we simply can't use it as a means to form doctrine even if (or especially if) we are trying to make something fit into what we personally believe. We need additional witnesses or it can't be used to win a case.

So... let's not believe any non-fiction, or history book unless there are 2 or 3 witnesses to the facts? Referring to someone else's references also fails the 2-3 witness test. Every history book would be taken off the shelf if that's the case.

With that said... I made a mistake with my comment about Noah's Ark and the souvenirs taken from it during Josephus' lifetime. That's not Josephus' fault. I read the book years ago, and my mind had taken out a couple of key facts... but it was enough to change the story.

Since Josephus actually lived during the time of many of the witnesses to Jesus' life, I would believe him when it comes to such info, over anyone alive today that is saying,"Jesus never existed". As I said before, there's no reason for me not to believe what he wrote. On the other hand, using the 2-3 witness rule, no historian can be believed today for what they write, when it comes to ancient history, since they never witnessed it.

Watch the video... it is about Noah's Ark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Josephus did not say that he knew people were taking wood or bitumen from the ark. He didn't say that Jews were doing this. This is what Josephus actually said.....emphasis mine.....

6. Now all the writers of Barbarian Histories make mention of this flood, and of this Ark: among whom is Berosus the Chaldean. For when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: “It is said there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyæans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen: which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets, for the averting of mischiefs.” Hieronymus the Egyptian also, who wrote the Phenician Antiquities; and Mnaseas, and a great many more make mention of the same. Nay Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety sixth Book, hath a particular relation about them: where he speaks thus: “There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris: upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the deluge were saved: and that one who was carried in an Ark, came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved: this
might be the man about whom Moses, the Legislator of the Jews, wrote.”

You're correct. I read Josephus years ago, so I should read it again, so I can galvanize the facts... it's a great book of history, from Josephus, whom was a contemporary to people whom knew Jesus, and whom had witnessed parts of Jesus' life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suddenly man-made traditions (about the ark) are true?!

There are no man-made traditions about the Noah's Ark, unless you're referring to the many hand-me-down Ark stories from many countries, which is evidence that the flood was a worldwide event. The Bible gives the facts about the Genesis Flood. That's not saying, there aren't still some mysteries that haven't been answered... like, where exactly did the Ark land?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So... let's not believe any non-fiction, or history book unless there are 2 or 3 witnesses to the facts?

Look, you can do whatever you want, I am simply going by what God said. He said, "in the mouth of two or three witnesses will a truth be established," so, that is what I am doing. Besides, Josephus was quoting pagans who claimed to have done this. He observed NOTHING first hand. It isn't a solid witness for you to make the point. Well... you can try, but if there were elders of the gates today and you brought what you have as proof, they would dismiss the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're correct. I read Josephus years ago, so I should read it again, so I can galvanize the facts... it's a great book of history, from Josephus, whom was a contemporary to people whom knew Jesus, and whom had witnessed parts of Jesus' life.
With all due respect, Hank showed you that Josephus didn't see anything first hand and was only quoting other people who made a claim. That isn't evidence Darwin.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

According to his telling, there isn't much he *didn't* find, including:

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark's Anchors
Noah's House
Noah's tomb and gravestone
Soddom
Gomorrah
Remains of the Rain of Fire
The Tower of Babel
How the Pyramids were built
Where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea
The remains of the Egyptian army destroyed in the Exodus
Mt Sinai
The Ark of the Covenant
Site of the Crucifixation
Jesus' blood

Basically, everything short of the whale that swallowed Jonah.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to his telling, there isn't much he *didn't* find, including:

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark's Anchors
Noah's House
Noah's tomb and gravestone
Soddom
Gomorrah
Remains of the Rain of Fire
The Tower of Babel
How the Pyramids were built
Where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea
The remains of the Egyptian army destroyed in the Exodus
Mt Sinai
The Ark of the Covenant
Site of the Crucifixation
Jesus' blood

Basically, everything short of the whale that swallowed Jonah.

Ron Wyatt?

Upvote 0