USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Church, who Christ gave authority, has always understood the 8th day to superscede the 7th. The Scriptures are all there, such as the 8th day circumcision of a male child being done even if it fell on the Sabbath. You simply fail to understand the Scriptures.
Finally, not God, but the church- you mean the Roman Catholic church? You think the church is above God? The church admits they had no scriptural authority to change Gods Sabbath that He asked us to Remember.

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

Daniel predicted this would happen Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The only law that is both a time (every Saturday) is also a law (4th commandant) and it was changed.

So the question stands do we follow God or do we follow the traditions of man that we were warned about.

Mathew 15
9‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christ's body.
If Jesus was going to change His Holy Sabbath, I think He would of left some scripture commanding this change. Since there is no such scripture, I am going to trust what God said when He said He is unchanging and His Sabbath that He called His perpetual covenant remains, the one He asked us to Remember. You are free to believe as you wish, but if you do not want to honor His Sabbath on this earth, will you be happy in Heaven because His Sabbath will continue forever each Saturday. Isaiah 66:23.

• Winner
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have given no scriptural evidence, just a lot of opinions. Also, its very clear the commandments of God are 10, not 12.
Exodus 34:20 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Found here Exodus 20.

I hope this helps.
There are not ten commandments that Christians have been told to keep.

The new covenant has a new set of commandments.

1 John 2:3
By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

We know the ten commandments are not the commandments that we have been given. Because the commandment to believe in the name of Jesus Christ is not listed in Exodus 20. That is how we know which commandments we need to obey.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I pray this helps.

Making the passage say the opposite of what it says doesn't help, and praying will not result in God helping you, since that is dishonest.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus was going to change His Holy Sabbath, I think He would of left some scripture commanding this change.
Why would He do that, when He can simply tell His disciples in person? He was with them every day for 40 days after His resurrection until His ascension yet next to nothing is recorded in Scripture about what He told them in this period. Even Paul's letters are mostly correcting errors which had crept in to the established churches. He doesn’t worry about all the stuff they had been taught that they still had right. If it wasn't for Paul's letters there would be a lot less of the New Testament because the Apostles taught in person by word of mouth, not by writing catechisms. All the early churches worshipped on Sunday for the reasons I gave above, because that's what they were taught by the Apostles

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To all the Saturday (Sabbath) keepers. Are you allowed to preach on the saturday, break bread like Paul did and preach until midnight into the 8th day? Do you like Paul, preach about the sacrifice of the passover lamb (Christ) on the saturday to win souls over to Christ, or is it just a ritual to sit at home and not do anything?

In Acts 20, Paul after attending Passover, broke bread (communion) the next Sabbath to show it symbolised Christ's body being broken for us, then he preached until mid-night (into the 8th day) which is our 1st day of the week (all mentioned in the NT, in Revelation John calls it the Lord's day)).

Ezra stood at the watergate in the old Testament, preached on the 1st day of the week (the Israelites 8th day). The Hanukkah menorah (represents the 7 churches in Revelation 1) was lit for 8 days. Christ stood up on the 8th day and cried unto the Israelites John 7:37. There's many depictions of Christ in the Jewish celebrations and relate to their 8th day, ( a Christians 1st day of the week)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are not ten commandments that Christians have been told to keep.

The new covenant has a new set of commandments.

1 John 2:3
By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

We know the ten commandments are not the commandments that we have been given. Because the commandment to believe in the name of Jesus Christ is not listed in Exodus 20. That is how we know which commandments we need to obey.

What commandments exactly are you referring to?

The new covenant say this:
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Hebrews 8:10

What does this mean? It's Gods commandments magnified. We are to obey His laws in actions (minds) and in our hearts, because we love Him. Do you want to abide in His love like you quoted? He tells you how, which means you keep all of His laws, which includes His 4th commandment. I pray this helps.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finally, not God, but the church- you mean the Roman Catholic church? You think the church is above God? The church admits they had no scriptural authority to change Gods Sabbath that He asked us to Remember.

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

Daniel predicted this would happen Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The only law that is both a time (every Saturday) is also a law (4th commandant) and it was changed.

So the question stands do we follow God or do we follow the traditions of man that we were warned about.

Mathew 15
9‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Daniel 7:25 is to be understood along with 2 Thessalonians 2:3,8 and Revelation 11:2-3

That man of sin hasn't appeared yet, but there has been a great falling away (which Rome was mainly responsible for). Thee man of sin will set himself up against our Heavenly Father, but remember its all the work of God almighty to which Christ has been given the power to destroy that man of sin when he returns. God is sovereign over everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Making the passage say the opposite of what it says doesn't help, and praying will not result in God helping you, since that is dishonest.
Like I said, I am waiting for scripture where the Sabbath commandment was transferred to Sunday.
After Jesus rose the Sabbath commandment was still being kept. Luke 23:56 so I prefer to go by scripture for guidance, like we are told to do by God. Deuteronomy 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To all the Saturday (Sabbath) keepers. Are you allowed to preach on the saturday, break bread like Paul did and preach until midnight into the 8th day? Do you like Paul, preach about the sacrifice of the passover lamb (Christ) on the saturday to win souls over to Christ, or is it just a ritual to sit at home and not do anything?

In Acts 20, Paul after attending Passover, broke bread (communion) the next Sabbath to show it symbolised Christ's body being broken for us, then he preached until mid-night (into the 8th day) which is our 1st day of the week (all mentioned in the NT, in Revelation John calls it the Lord's day)).

Ezra stood at the watergate in the old Testament, preached on the 1st day of the week (the Israelites 8th day). The Hanukkah menorah (represents the 7 churches in Revelation 1) was lit for 8 days. Christ stood up on the 8th day and cried unto the Israelites John 7:37. There's many depictions of Christ in the Jewish celebrations that picture Christ and relate to their 8th day, ( a Christians 1st day of the week)
The disciples broke break every day and they preached often, but the commandment from God is the seventh day is His Holy day. From creation Genesis 2:3, later added in stone written by our Savior Exodus 20:8-11. Jesus kept the Sabbath and we are told to follow Him as our example Luke 4:16 and Sabbath will be kept on the new Earth Isaiah 66:23. How much more evidence do you need to obey His commandments and Holy day? All of Gods commandments are eternal Psalms 111:7-9

• Winner
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The disciples broke break every day and they preached often, but the commandment from God is the seventh day is His Holy day. From creation Genesis 2:3, later added in stone written by our Savior Exodus 20:8-11. Jesus kept the Sabbath and we are told to follow Him as our example Luke 4:16 and Sabbath will be kept on the new Earth Isaiah 66:23. How much more evidence do you need to obey His commandments and Holy day? All of Gods commandments are eternal Psalms 111:7-9

Man won't create this new earth though. Sometimes i think man wants to create it themselves and its highly possible that will be thee man of sin spoken of in Daniel 7:25, 2 Thessalonians 2:3,8 and Revelation 11:2-3

When the heavenly Jerusalem comes down to earth, there will be no Temple within, the Lamb of God (Christ) will be enthroned and praised in it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would He do that, when He can simply tell His disciples in person? He was with them every day for 40 days after His resurrection until His ascension yet next to nothing is recorded in Scripture about what He told them in this period. Even Paul's letters are mostly correcting errors which had crept in to the established churches. He doesn’t worry about all the stuff they had been taught that they still had right. If it wasn't for Paul's letters there would be a lot less of the New Testament because the Apostles taught in person by word of mouth, not by writing catechisms. All the early churches worshipped on Sunday for the reasons I gave above, because that's what they were taught by the Apostles
That makes zero sense. We are to follow the Bible only and not deviate from it. If Jesus was going to change His Fathers commandment it would have been written down. In fact, Jesus told us He never came to destroy the law Mathew 5:17 which is why Jesus also kept the Sabbath and all of the commandments, which includes the 4th. John 15:10.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Man won't create this new earth though. Sometimes i think man wants to create it themselves and its highly possible that will be thee man of sin spoken of in Daniel 7:25, 2 Thessalonians 2:3,8 and Revelation 11:2-3

When the heavenly Jerusalem comes down to earth, there will be no Temple within, the Lamb of God (Christ) will be enthroned and praised in it.
God is creating the New Earth and Sabbath will be kept as our Lord clearly tells us:

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

The question is, if we don't want to keep Sabbath on this earth, why would we want to on the New Earth? Why are you so opposed to Gods true Sabbath? It is meant to be a blessing and a way to spend time with God on the day He Blessed and made Holy.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is creating the New Earth and Sabbath will be kept as our Lord clearly tells us:

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

The question is, if we don't want to keep Sabbath on this earth, why would we want to on the New Earth? Why are you so opposed to Gods true Sabbath? It is meant to be a blessing and a way to spend time with God on the day He Blessed and made Holy.

John tells us in Revelation 21:1-2 will come down from heaven

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John tells us in Revelation 21:1-2 will come down from heaven
Yes, agree. Not sure where I stated otherwise. On the New Earth, just like we are supposed to now, we will be worshipping God every Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, agree. Not sure where I stated otherwise. On the New Earth, just like we are supposed to now, we will be worshipping God every Sabbath.

.....and i believe it will be and endless Sabbath where the song of Moses will be sung all the time, just not 1 day in a human week.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Sabbath i keep is the 8th day, the day Christ rose from the grave. Its a day we commune together to sing praises to God and Christ our saviour for shedding his atoning blood for our sins, dying and rising to sit at God's right hand ever interceeding for us on earth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.