Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In reality they cannot. But idioms and allegory are another thing you demonstrably struggle with.
In reality, the bible says men lived over 9 centuries in the past. No remains are found from the time of the fathers. Not of man or beast. I do not struggle with that at all. I simply asked why. If you claim the years given for people's lives are some sort of idiom or allegory, you would not be demonstrating intellectual integrity.
Was it also an idiom that God told Adam he would return to dust? Was it an allegory that Noah released actual birds to search for plants?

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
God told Adam that he would return to dust. Modern man does not do that, his remains decay slowly. From a bible perspective, we could assume that pre-flood man would have left no remains other than dust. We can also deduce that man would not have been in the fossil record although he was living on earth.
Cool cop out.
Typical...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Problem: There are NO bones for most animals and man from the beginning.

why do you claim that?

I would argue that a great many dinosaurs are from the 1600 year period before the flood.

I don't argue that dinosaure bones don't exist.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why do you claim that?

I would argue that a great many dinosaurs are from the 1600 year period before the flood.

I don't argue that dinosaure bones don't exist.
Dinos are not man and most animals. They were one of the creatures that could leave remains.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dinos are not man and most animals. They were one of the creatures that could leave remains.

So "dino" and human remains have different qualities/make up that allow one to undergo fossilization and not the other? Can you elaborate?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So "dino" and human remains have different qualities/make up that allow one to undergo fossilization and not the other? Can you elaborate?
I never said that. No one is talking about what human remains are like here. The issue is what nature was like back in the time when humans could not apparently leave remains. The reasons are not related to what remains are like now!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What the Bible has to say on the topic should be dismissed as not credible, especially as bones and fossils dating back millions of years have been discovered.
The way dates are derived is no longer credible. They simply assume ratios of isotopes all got here by processes involving the current nature.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I think the issue is with your overactive imagination.
However, the evidence tells us that most animals and man are not in the early record. No imagination required. The bible tells us that we were there the same week as other life on earth. All written in black and white. I notice the Almighty Personally told the first man that he would be returning to the dust from which he came. It occurs to me that fossils do not come from a spoonful of dust.
We do know that in the present age, nature works another way. Connecting the dots it seems that a difference exists between that time and today...despite your imagination.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
However, the evidence tells us that most animals and man are not in the early record

Correct, so any rational person would conclude that they weren’t around at that time, rather than making baseless claims about some sort of magical fantasy world where nothing is as it seems.

• Agree
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Correct, so any rational person would conclude that they weren’t around at that time, rather than making baseless claims about some sort of magical fantasy world where nothing is as it seems.
The garden of Eden is not here now if you notice? So how could anything about it seem to be any way? Noah is not here now. How could you say it seems to you he never saw a tree leaf a week after the bird returned with no fresh evidence of any tree?
How would you expect that remains of creatures that rapidly were disposed of in a time long gone would 'seem' a certain way to you now?

Upvote 0