Why teach creationism in public school science classes?

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And if we tried following the ideas, and it absolutely could not be made to work, and if fact, all known science, math, and engineering showed that it could not possibly be made to work, we would begin to suspect you werent telling it right. Esp. the part how you did it in an instant...poof... and how ti could fly. And how it looked old and half worn out as soon as you made it.

Some would redouble their faith.
Mine is as bright and shiny as it was when I first built it

Attachments

• 100_0018.JPG
    100_0018.JPG
    675.1 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

funny-pictures-kitten-is-tough-and-.jpg

Ok, folks. Lets keep the conversation polite and without insults. As a reminder, the site rules include this one:

Flaming and Harassment
●
Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Flaming and Harassment works both ways, if I treat people like fools I can expect those people to treat me like a fool.

If I stupidly ask people to believe that pigs fly I must expect a few smelly comments.
Right. How do pigs evolve wings anyway. Everyone knows that adaptation is limited.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I wonder how some people evolved to have a brain!
You don't need to wonder anymore- they didn't. Man was created as man.
Since they do not use it, it should have withered away and only a vestige remain!;)
The brain is able to sustain itself even in periods of sleep (links if needed). In short, no, theyre not vestigial or replaced upon awakening.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You don't need to wonder anymore- they didn't. Man was created as man.
If what you say is true then we must have a serial number on us and a manufacture date. Both are missing and if I take into account the shoddy work done on us then suffice it to say I believe we were created in some Chinese sweatshop as cheap and fake copies of Angels. :p

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If what you say is true then we must have a serial number on us and a manufacture date.
I've already shown you that intelligence is the property capable of building man. I'm not responsible for your acceptance or denial.
Both are missing
No they aren't. A metaphysical creator leaves a metaphysical imprint.
and if I take into account the shoddy work done on us then suffice it to say I believe we were created in some Chinese sweatshop as cheap and fake copies of Angels. :p
I would say the same (and even worse) for an unmaintained 6000+ year old Mercedes Benz and factory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've already shown you that intelligence is the property capable of building man. I'm not responsible for your acceptance or denial.

No they aren't. A metaphysical creator leaves a metaphysical imprint.

I would say the same (and even worse) for an unmaintained 6000+ year old Mercedes Benz and factory.
Even Teletubbies are better designed than humans! We are the creator's worst design! Oh wait a minute! Hold your horses thar pardner; The Good Lord he created us unto his image and likeness and that means he is badly designed too! The only problem here is who did the shoddy job of designing a less than perfect God.

It does not take intelligence to figure out that we are just a product of trial and error. Heck this process even has a name and evidence to back it up; In case you did not know its name it is called.........................(Fake pause for effect)......................(more fake pause)..................................(oh get on with it, I hate these fake pauses)............................................................and the answer is:......................................................................(Commercial break)................................................................and the answer is:.............................................................................................

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even Teletubbies are better designed than humans! We are the creator's worst design! Oh wait a minute! Hold your horses thar pardner; The Good Lord he created us unto his image and likeness and that means he is badly designed too! The only problem here is who did the shoddy job of designing a less than perfect God.
I'll put it this way, chance and necessity cannot build a new car, nor one with 100 years of mileage.
It does not take intelligence to figure out that we are just a product of trial and error.
It doesn't matter how you do it. The fact is a car cannot build itself through trial and error just because you find a broken light bulb or a blindspot or even the proximity of the gas to the brake. Your going to refute it the hard way. Sorry.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'll put it this way, chance and necessity cannot build a new car, nor one with 100 years of mileage.
It doesn't matter how you do it. The fact is a car cannot build itself through trial and error just because you find a broken light bulb or a blindspot or even the proximity of the gas to the brake. Your going to refute it the hard way. Sorry.
No one claims that cars can be built by pure chance. You obviously know nothing of how the evolution process works. The thing that refutes your argument is the very argument you use about the cars. We do know who and how the cars are built. The designers are humans!

On the other hand we know how the Earth was formed and the solar system and many wondrous things; None of which were created by some intelligent being. You insist on cartoon physics and want to apply the said to reality. Well my dear friend; Unlike Coyote surviving a dynamite blast on his head, reality is very different. You will not find any leprechauns nor fairies nor unicorns here.

644532-gravity_large.jpg

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Nobody is talking about cars. Cars are machines that are chemically and mechanically incapable of self-reproduction... unlike living things. We are not cars and cars are not us. Cars are something that actually are designed, and we know this because we can see them being designed and built from parts that can also be seen to be designed and built.

Please stop using this failed analogy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Stating something repeatedly without showing any evidence is generally not considered "shown" it is "claimed".

Upvote 0

wensdee

Jan 24, 2011
✟595.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Stating something repeatedly without showing any evidence is generally not considered "shown" it is "claimed".
Wrong..... if you are a creationist just saying something makes it true, don't believe me? ask AV, dad and other assorted creationists here.
For them the Bible is Gods word so it's true along with any 'truth' desperate creationists might want to add to back it up,
just in case it's not true enough.

Upvote 0