Why Spider-Man fans should boycott the New Spider-Man movie.

sorednax

Champion of the 80's
Aug 11, 2011
East Ohio
✟7,957.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I for one am glad I stuck to my guns and didn't see it. I'll most likely peep it out on HBO or something next year. Besides, we got two fantastic films, The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. So I'm happy.

Ohhh, btw Kelly, Spider-Man was a part of the Avengers. Not initially, but he was a member for awhile. Heck, so was Wolverine.

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw it and really liked it. The love interest wasn't such a Mary-Sue as the Tobey Maguire rendition (as in, she had a brain and she had some courage and she did something other than waiting around to be rescued all the time). Also, I think the actor who played Spider-Man was a closer fit than Tobey (I have only read one of the comics, though) and I really liked the snarkiness. I mean, REALLY liked the snarkiness! It actually managed to pull off humour. Who knew it was possible?

Upvote 0

ClassyCassiopeia

Coffee Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2012
My own little world
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw it and really liked it. The love interest wasn't such a Mary-Sue as the Tobey Maguire rendition (as in, she had a brain and she had some courage and she did something other than waiting around to be rescued all the time). Also, I think the actor who played Spider-Man was a closer fit than Tobey (I have only read one of the comics, though) and I really liked the snarkiness. I mean, REALLY liked the snarkiness! It actually managed to pull off humour. Who knew it was possible?

These are my feelings precisely!

But I can see the other side of the argument too.

I enjoyed them both... :p

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Since I was 5, I've been wanting a Spiderman movie. Since 2002, I've been wanting a good Spiderman movie. This year, despite some flaws, I finally got a good Spiderman movie.

The Amazing Spider-Man is the flick we should have gotten back in 02, and I look forward to it's future instalments.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't mind the first Spiderman movies, though I didn't love Tobey as Spiderman. The Amazing Spiderman was terrible though, IMHO. Poor writing and poorly cast. But hey, the first Batman movies had their problems, but eventually the Christian Bale ones came along, turning that franchise around completely. So there's still hope for something better in the Spiderman realm eventually.

Upvote 0

TimAuthor

Author of Time Cruisers
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
✟15,249.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a big superhero fan in general. So I actually bought the DVD, but I don't think this Spider-man movie was as good as the first three. I don't think it was a good idea to waste time redoing the origin all over again. That being said, I think the next one will probably be better just because we don't have to recount the origin yet again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums