• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Why shouldn't Christians date unbelievers?

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟101,701.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the reason? And does God command it?
Because is a sin and God will never bless a sin

2 Corinthians 6 14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols?

Read Malachi also, if you want to see the conquesences of God's people marrying unbelievers.

Furthermore, what is the point of such relationship anyway? You cannot worship God together, pray, have fellowship. It is better be single than live in a such relationship.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟193,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because is a sin and God will never bless a sin

2 Corinthians 6 14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols?

Read Malachi also, if you want to see the conquesences of God's people marrying unbelievers.

Furthermore, what is the point of such relationship anyway? You cannot worship God together, pray, have fellowship. It is better be single than live in a such relationship.
I understand now thank you

Reactions: Ivan Hlavanda
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,220.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"Don't be unequally yoked" is God's command (2 Corinthians 6:14). The reason is that there can be no fellowship between light (the believer) and darkness (the unbeliever). I've been saved 50 years. I've seen the damage that such marriages can cause. It's hard enough when both are saved.

My daughter married an unbeliever. It's a disaster, but she endures. She still believes but has no Christian life in experience. Her husband went to church with her until they were married and that was it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟953,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 6:
14 Do not be mismatched with unbelievers; for what do righteousness and lawlessness share together, or what does light have in common with darkness? 15 Or what harmony does Christ have with Belial, or what does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 Or what agreement does the temple of God have with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
“I will dwell among them and walk among them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
17 Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord.
“And do not touch what is unclean;
And I will welcome you.
18 And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,”
Says the Lord Almighty.

NIV
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

The believer wants to be in church each week. He/she wants to serve God , to glorify God in what they do for entertainment, music, what they teach the children regarding truth vs error. Etc. That is going to get in the way of what the unbeliever wants to do.

Upvote 0

Dosblade

Aug 5, 2013
✟20,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With one Christ is everything they do think hear say. Now the world there is Christ no rules so to speak and were told not to be friends with the wicked the unrighteous the sinner. The lie will come "I can change them I can save them". A lie.

See God has something better if the enemy put that in our path. Best to say no and see what God has.. always a choice

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟596,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Why shouldn't Christians date unbelievers?"
Well, we have the scripture saying do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

This can be taken to mean, do not marry someone who is not a Christian. And such a person is not a child of God, and not pleasing to him.
So, in case I am attracted to and pleased with someone who is displeasing to God . . . why am I attracted to someone who is not right with God??

But there are worldly and immature people who are attracted to unsaved people. What is attracting them?? Something that is not God's standard.

So, if I am falling for a child of Satan, I need to evaluate what I am valuing which attracts me to her. Because, in my opinion, this also is what should not be what attracts me to a believer.

And I think it is wise to spend a while getting to know someone while other Christians are with you. I would not get isolated on a date with someone I have not gotten to know.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Corinthians chapter 6 . Light and darkness have nothing in common. Temple of God and temple of belial have no concord.
Because they're heathen. They will compromise your values and beliefs. They can influence you.
The heathen are on path to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
They will drag you down with them. Get the picture.
Proverbs, if you seek out the wise, you will become wise: But if you keep company with fools you will be destroyed.
The wicked and heathen are going to hell.
Dont be par takers of their sins. Dont compromise your values and beliefs. If your a Christian?.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums