Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus says "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." - John 3:3-7
Why did he need to say that if everyone was born again at the cross?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why did he need to say that if everyone was born again at the cross?
We need to be born again by the Spirit into Gods' new covenant promise according to *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36 and Ezekiel 36:24-27

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you can pray about it? The scriptures shared with you are Gods' Words not mine or some church's. What is it you did not understand? Do you know why we need to be born again and what God's new covenant promise is that we are born into through faith?
All churches I have gone to have alter calls to accept Jesus as your saviour and repent,etc. To be born again. You're telling me they are all wrong and you are right.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All churches I have gone to have alter calls to accept Jesus as your saviour and repent,etc. To be born again. You're telling me they are all wrong and you are right.
I have no idea what your talking about to be honest. What is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you that you disagree with?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I won't debate with you. Ty for the info
Happy day tomorrow:)
Well we should not debate with scripture it is Gods Word. Therefore we should only believe and follow what it says according to Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29. Hope your day is a nice one :wave:

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I posted the post I was referencing back a few if your really interested. I'm done.

An alter call does not make someone "born again". Faith in Gods' Word does, that results in a new heart to love and walk newness of life in Gods' Spirit *Romans 8:1-4; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 6:1-23; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
An alter call does not make someone "born again". Faith does that results in a new heart to love and newness of life to walk in Gods' Spirit *Romans 8:1-4; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 6:1-23; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16.
This is a Biblical version of an altar call.

Acts 2:38-41
Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far away, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.” And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on urging them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!” So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

That is what being born again is all about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a Biblical version of an altar call.

Acts 2:38-41
Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far away, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.” And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on urging them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!” So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

That is what being born again is all about.

Which is why Jesus says by their fruits you shall know them. Receiving a call to repentance from sin is the fruit of faith in Gods' Word *John 7:16-20; Acts of the Apostles 2:38; Acts of the Apostles 3:19; 1 John 1:9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ crucified is preached, and nothing else is to be determined among the ones who say they believe in Christ, but Christ crucified ?

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Because we have been planted ( by God in the faith of His Son Jesus Christ crucified)

Our old man is crucified ( the old man was the law and our schoolmaster, to bring us to Christ, Galatians 3:24-25, then we are NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER/ NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW)

He that is dead ( from that law of sin and death) is freed from sin ( WE ARE BECOME DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED, ROMANS 7:4)

Sin has no dominion to those under grace, which is those no longer under the law.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:1 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Those led of the Spirit ( not led of the letter of the law in ordinances, who are yet in the flesh) have crucified the flesh ( by being crucified with Christ in baptism and the faith of Jesus Christ, to be baptized with the same baptism Jesus was baptized with, Matthew 20:23)...

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

We know Romans 7:4 tells us we are, DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.

Romans 8 confirms the law was weak through the flesh ( through those led of the flesh, who are under the law)

The Spirit then of life in Christ makes us free FROM THE LAW IF SIN AND DEATH. ( remembering sin has no dominion over us as we are not under the law but under grace, and we are become dead to the law by the body of Jesus Christ)...

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Some then are in the law, others are without law.

The Gentiles conscience now bears witness, to do by nature ( not by the letter and ordinance) the things contained in the law, to be justified..

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

The law only speaks to those under the law, and all the world becomes guilty before God.

Now to them that are without law, but under the law to Christ to God..

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

1 Corinthians 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Cursed are every one under the works of the law, to do all things that are written in the book of the law to do them.

As we were under that schoolmaster, until faith should come....

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Faith comes and law ( the schoolmaster) IS NO LONGER.

Now all are children of God by faith ( no need for any man to desire to be teachers of the law)

The ones baptized ( to Christs death and Crucifixion) have put on Christ ( which is to put off law and the flesh)...

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

But many still desire to be under the law, but there is a disannulling of the weakness and unprofitableness of the law ( the law was weak through the flesh now we must believe to be in the Spirit/ determined to not know anything but Christ and Christ crucified)

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Hebrews 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

• Winner
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our old man is crucified (the old man was the law and our schoolmaster, to bring us to Christ, Galatians 3:24-25, then we are NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER/ NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW)
According to the scriptures, the old man that is crucified with Christ is not the law but the carnal mind and sinful human nature (Romans 6:1-23). All the law does is to give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25.
Those led of the Spirit ( not led of the letter of the law in ordinances, who are yet in the flesh) have crucified the flesh
No one is led by the Spirit to break Gods' law because God only gives His Spirit to those who obey Him *Acts of the Apostles 5:32. According to John, those who say they know God and do not keep His commandments are lying and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:3-4) because those who really know God do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9.
The Spirit then of life in Christ makes us free FROM THE LAW IF SIN AND DEATH. ( remembering sin has no dominion over us as we are not under the law but under grace, and we are become dead to the law by the body of Jesus Christ)..
The law of sin and death is the carnal mind and the sinful human nature not God's 10 commandments that Paul calls holy, just and good in Romans 7:12 because Romans 7:7 says "is the law sin? No! and again was that which is good made death to me? No! but sin that it might become exceeding sinful. *Romans 7:13. So God's 10 commandments are not sin and are not death because it only gives us a knowledge of what sin is when we break it *Romans 7:7
But many still desire to be under the law, but there is a disannulling of the weakness and unprofitableness of the law ( the law was weak through the flesh now we must believe to be in the Spirit/ determined to not know anything but Christ and Christ crucified)
According to the scriptures to be "under the law" means to stand before God guilty of breaking the law (Romans 3:19-20). Only those who seek Gods' forgiveness in the blood of Christ stand before God forgiven of sin as it is written "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." - Romans 8:1-4

Take care.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who believe in their heart unto righteousness ( that Christ rose form the dead)

That is what also set us free from being under the law.

That is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law as told..

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So to the ones still desiring to be under the law, Galatians 4:21, and desiring to be teachers of the law, 1 Timothy 1:7, their desire is ended, and another desire has come..

Haggai 2:7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one is led by the Spirit to break Gods' law because God only gives His Spirit to those who obey Him *Acts of the Apostles 5:32. According to John, those who say they know God and do not keep His commandments are lying and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:3-4) because those who really know God do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9.

Obey in faith, and how do we receive the Spirit, by the hearing of the faith of CHRIST RISING, OR BY THE TEACHING OF THE WORKS OF THE LAW ?

See the difference also ( that you seem to not acknowledge yet ?)

Now they obey the truth, by receiving the Spirit by the hearing of faith AND NOT BY THE DOING OF THE WORKS OF THE LAW , BECAUSE WE CANT BE MADE PERFECT IN THE LAW AS TOLD ALSO..

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Galatians 3:O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Then obedience is in faith ( not in the letter of the law that kills) so put it all together and we have obedience of faith.

The Epistle ( as the law) can only be written and in the heart by nature, it no longer is teachable, or in letters to follow...

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LoveGodsword, you can neither teach, nor use letters to show what must be done.

If you dont know why ?

Because the preaching of the faith is what saves, ythe old ( testament) way clearly did not save.

Now saved by the foolishness of preaching.

Just remember why they did the law of circumcision, and how all they did in Israel was for glory of men ( sabbaths etc) but now, as 1 Corinthians states, no flesh shall glory in His sight.

Remember they DESIRE TO BE TEACHERS OF THE LAW, THEY DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW?

Also they DESIRE TO MAKE A FAIR SHOW IN THE FLESH ( to show circumcision in the law in the flesh)..

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are guilty for insisting that law must be kept and misquoting James to justify your law keeping, LoveGodword.

Otherwise if you really do love Gods word, then notice the difference, we do obey the truth, but the truth is Christ risen ( determined not to know anything among you, but Christ and Him crucified)

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guilty also of insisting in SDA, Judiasm, and Messiansists, to insist we must separate between clean and unclean ( that is old knowledge) now in the new knowledge of Christ all creatures are good and sanctified, as God sanctified and declared that for the Gentiles at the same time( previously it was against the law to go into one of another nation.

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.