Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
1 Peter 1:16 KJV — Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Where is this written?

Leviticus 19:2 KJV — Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:7 KJV — Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

What does Peter mean by holy?

sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated)

How can we receive happiness from any other person or thing but Christ? To do the Lord's will is joyful and to be in his presence is worth more then the next breath. What does king David say:

Psalm 84:10 KJV — For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

None of these verses prohibit any form of happiness in life, even if it isn't religious related. What you don't realize is that your entire view is portraying God to be in competition for your attention that just merely having enjoyments such as sports or whatever form of interest is something so against him. That is completely absurd and also in a mischaracterization of God based on your misinterpretation of what is written about faith.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those are some good points. Those kinds of churches are designed to fill seats and that is all. We should be somewhat concerned about celebrating the Lord's birth on the day that pagans celebrate the "sun's" birthday.

Why should we be concerned about what pagans are doing? We can celebrate God anytime, anywhere. What pagans are doing is their own business.

True losing does not have to be awful and a game could be enjoyable. Most of the time somebody's pride will swell. The world's competition is different from one a christian might pursue, although i would like to know how can a christian be competitive with another brother or sister without offending the person.

I don't know what kind of people you're "having fun" with, but when I'm playing a game, nobody's "pride is swelling". We're just having fun. Maybe you're referring to like, professional sports? I don't know, you haven't really given any concrete, real-life examples. Offending? I'm not offended if I'm playing a game with another person, Christian or not! Your outlook is incredibly puzzling to me. By your logic, Christians can't enjoy a game of Uno or air hockey or Super Mario Kart because "someone will lose".

It is very hard to distinguish between a Christian and an unbeliever as stated in the OP. I follow biblical doctrine and most professed Christians ask what religion am I. I show my position from the bible and many will hear none of it.

Hard for who? Do you speak for the whole world? It's not hard for me. Worldly people take notice of someone who doesn't curse, doesn't gossip, abstains from extra-marital sex, doesn't take drugs. If they know you well enough, they notice.

As in God's holy days vs man's holidays. The eating of clean and unclean meats. Following the law by faith vs the law being abolished, etc.

We're not under the Law anymore. We're covered by grace.

Any truth that a brother or sister presents, not just the ones presented in the OP. Also many of these things listed has struck a sin of some, but it is not meant to point fingers or fault find.

That's so vague, there's no way to even understand it, let alone respond to it.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have no idea about what you claim. Its always been done that way. Many of the words Paul and John coined (in the Greek) were swiped straight from Greek and Roman pagan philosophies and religion. That is why some who have only a cursory understanding of the Greek, claim Paul and John were influenced by pagan religions.... Its not the case. Paul and John stole away their thinking and showed how Christ is the true answer for what the pagans could never attain.
I love your signature quote :)

Reactions: GenemZ
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am going to present a few questions that are designed to get my fellow brothers and sisters to think. The majority of the followers of Christ lack a knowledge of God’s standards. Some have been led astray from the pure words of the Lord by false teachers. Some love that one particular sin and will refuse to hear anyone that calls it out. God’s standard is Jesus Christ our Lord and anything short of that should be acceptable for all of us, myself included.

Why have we as a church body adopted so many of the world's customs? Why do we celebrate the same holidays as the pagans and not the Lord’s holy days that are mentioned in the bible? Some may say that we aren't Jewish and to that I ask well are we heathens?

Why do we love competition, as in sports, game night, video games, etc? Do you not understand that the spirit behind these things is “PRIDE”? Some might say that I do it for fun but somebody will still lose.

Why do we watch tv shows that glorify the sins of the flesh such as Galatians 5:19-21 list?

Why is it hard to distinguish between a Christian and a worldly person? Instead of us converting them, they are converting us to their ways. What says the Lord:

2 Corinthians 6:14,17-18
[14]Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
[17]Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
[18]And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Why do we say we follow God but hold to the traditions of men that cannot be found in the bible?

Why do we get offended by the truth? One of the fruits of the Spirit is love right? Well love is not easily provoked (to irritated, aroused to anger) according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-5. So why take offense? Could it be that it goes straight to the heart of a cherished sin?

In these last days we need to search our hearts. We must humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord and pray that we are fit for the kingdom of heaven. We can appear to be righteous on the outside but the Lord knows what lies in our hearts. Some may get offended by these questions but that is not my intention. My intention is to raise up the standard that God has set in his holy word. We all, myself included, will have to stand in the judgment. Will you be found wanting or be welcomed with open arms by our lovely savior Christ Jesus?
Well it all comes down to satans hatred for mankind. The bible says in the last days young men will have visions and old men will dream dreams. This is happening now! What are they about? Hell. And they are instructed to go back and tell His people that this place exists. People are there by the millions, including EVERY CELEBRITY who has died in recent years because they had no regard for the Lord when they died. They are all on fire and burning and Jesus cries and says " it is too late". They describe 351 chambers of hell which like space is ever expanding. They are devoured and tormented by demons only to have their bodies grow back and go through it again. They feel everything and feel human with heightened senses. There is no light or air, just fire and dirty walls that are alive made of maggots and worms. When we die and see our deceased relatives, these are demons gaining our trust to follow them and then they change. They think this is hilarious because its been working for centuries and they trick us to follow them to hell. What is crazy is the place these people describe sounds like the second heaven in the Book of Enoch which was found with the Dead Sea scrolls but banned for whatever reason. In my opinion The Book of Enoch is a biblical book that should have been given to EVERY MAN ON EARTH as it contains the Word of God and Enoch was the great- grandfather of Noah and he walked with God for 365 years. ( hence the days of the year) satan knows what God finds deplorable, and what will get us rejected. Vanity, pride, lust, profanity, anger, ANYTHING that keeps us from spending time glorifying God. Basically ALL of the things our American culture promotes as being acceptable. Is it any wonder the White House sits at the South point of a pentagram?
Screenshot_20201016-153008~2.png

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
None of these verses prohibit any form of happiness in life, even if it isn't religious related. What you don't realize is that your entire view is portraying God to be in competition for your attention that just merely having enjoyments such as sports or whatever form of interest is something so against him. That is completely absurd and also in a mischaracterization of God based on your misinterpretation of what is written about faith.

He does allow and desire us to have happiness. I enjoy looking at the works of his hands, like being outside. I enjoy doing his will and fellowshipping with other believers.

We should not enjoy things that promote sin or help foster an un-Christ like character. I have enjoyed almost every pleasure this world has to offer and it did not bring me closer to God. He was far from my thoughts. I just exhort the brethen to look around and see that this world is very chaotic and full of fear. Now is the time to draw near to God and cast off all worldly pleasure. He can return at anytime.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
A holy and loving God they say, but considers you evil/bad because you like basketball and not him 24/7 every minute of your life...

Sorry if loving God 24/7 is too much for you. Why should he deserve less than all of our attention?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He does allow and desire us to have happiness. I enjoy looking at the works of his hands, like being outside. I enjoy doing his will and fellowshipping with other believers.

We should not enjoy things that promote sin or help foster an un-Christ like character. I have enjoyed almost every pleasure this world has to offer and it did not bring me closer to God. He was far from my thoughts. I just exhort the brethen to look around and see that this world is very chaotic and full of fear. Now is the time to draw near to God and cast off all worldly pleasure. He can return at anytime.

Sports do not promote sin at all. In fact, it is one of the things I believe parents should get their children into because it teaches things such as working with others, keeping healthy, working hard, and overcoming failure. These important life lessons.

The fact of the matter is, your views on what is good to God is just what you think is wrong or right yourself. You just deluded yourself in thinking it's divinely told. It's absurdity and at the same time misrepresenting God to be that insecure and small.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if loving God 24/7 is too much for you. Why should he deserve less than all of our attention?

Demanding attention that insanely isn't love because deserving is different from absolute obsession. obsession isn't love but ego.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Demanding attention that insanely isn't love because deserving is different from absolute obsession. obsession isn't love but ego.

Would you explain these?

Attention that isn't insanely love
Deserving is different from absolute obsession
Obsession isn't love but ego

Sorry, but to me these make no sense.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do we love competition, as in sports, game night, video games, etc? Do you not understand that the spirit behind these things is “PRIDE”? Some might say that I do it for fun but somebody will still lose.

That's an excellent point and one I believe the church has been slow to pick up on. Competitive sports, based on factions striving against each other, trying to beat and humiliate the other team would be more like the fruits of the sin nature from Galatians 5 rather than the fruits of the Spirit. I've been in church meetings where the folks want to speak more about sports than Spiritual matters.

Do they not know these are the last days? Do they not know that millions of people out there are heading for a lost eternity? Do they have no anguish over the fate of the lost? Do they not know that many Christians are suffering too and in need of fellowship and pastoral care? All 'Christians' seem to care about is overpaid people hitting balls about a field.

God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's an excellent point and one I believe the church has been slow to pick up on. Competitive sports, based on factions striving against each other, trying to beat and humiliate the other team would be more like the fruits of the sin nature from Galatians 5 rather than the fruits of the Spirit. I've been in church meetings where the folks want to speak more about sports than Spiritual matters.

Do they not know these are the last days? Do they not know that millions of people out there are heading for a lost eternity? Do they have no anguish over the fate of the lost? Do they not know that many Christians are suffering too and in need of fellowship and pastoral care? All 'Christians' seem to care about is overpaid people hitting balls about a field.

God Bless :)

"All 'Christians' seem to care about is overpaid people hitting balls about a field" is a little strong, don't you think? I would say that most Christians care about the things of God far more than they care about sports. IMHO there is nothing wrong with watching sports; it's just entertainment. How about listening to music and/or TV in general? Are those also bad in your opinion? How about posting about sports instead of the things of God? Where is your mind when you do that?

The focus of one's life should always be on God and His will for us who believe, but even Jesus didn't condemn activities such as fishing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Would you explain these?

Attention that isn't insanely love
Deserving is different from absolute obsession
Obsession isn't love but ego

Sorry, but to me these make no sense.

If you are in a relationship in where the boyfriend/girlfriend is so over controlling that he/she gets upset because you don't call him/her everyday and gets jealous, hostile, and angry over seeing you with your friends.. is this relationship healthy?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me give you an example. If you are in a relationship in where the boyfriend/girlfriend is so over controlling that he/she gets upset because you don't call him/her everyday, gets jealous and angry over seeing you with your friends or just speaking casually to others of the opposite or same sex.. is this relationship healthy?

Or on the other hand, if you're in a relationship where every time you meet with your boyfriend/ girlfriend they ignore you and just sit on their smart phone checking sports scores..........

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my bible is shaped like a heart not like a club

When the heart points towards God then it can point towards our brothers and sisters in Christ:

“ 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself "

But if the heart points towards the things of this world, the things Paul called rubbish compared to knowing Christ...........

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are in a relationship in where the boyfriend/girlfriend is so over controlling that he/she gets upset because you don't call him/her everyday and gets jealous, hostile, and angry over seeing you with your friends.. is this relationship healthy?

No. I would end such a relationship immediately, as it's not based on mutual love and respect.

Upvote 0