Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I Command You Satan in the Name of the Lord
To Take up Your Weapons and Flee
For the Lord Has Given Me Authority
To Walk All over Thee.

The above is a song, and I copied the song lyrics.

Commanding sickness off, and fear to go in the name of Jesus.
Fevers, bone pain, fear of crowds, fear of public speaking. Fear of heights, dangerous traffic situations on a bicycle. Fear of witnessing for Christ on the street.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I do, and if you read it carefully, in no place was the healing commanded."

Really??

"In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." isn't a "Command" in your world????

No sense in carrying this any further, then.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
"I do, and if you read it carefully, in no place was the healing commanded."

Really??

"In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." isn't a "Command" in your world????

No sense in carrying this any further, then.

Amen

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My previous reply about New Agers predisposition with metaphysical spirituality was with reference to now faith’s post shown below. Wasn't yet made aware the direction this thread was heading considering now faith's post and this being a debate forum.

Do you have a deliverance ministry testimony or a self deliverance testimony in which you found using the word “command” along with your following words accomplished the objective? Why do you capitalize the word “Thee” in reference to satan? Isn't the capitalization and use of the word "Thee" intended more as a reference to God than satan? Or are you just seeing if we're paying attention ;)

[/SIZE][/FONT]

The scripture that i'm most familiar with in which the word “command” is used is Hebrews 11:3 “By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.”

Nope just a poor typist,no hidden meaning or agenda.
My spell check automatically does Capps.
If I do not look over my post the grammar is far less than perfect.
if you are speaking of verses I post they are directly from the King James Bible.

If you are talking about a continuum in a paragraph that starts a new line without a period
My < board does that on its own:confused:

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

I Command You Satan in the Name of the Lord
To Take up Your Weapons and Flee
For the Lord Has Given Me Authority
To Walk All over Thee.

Commanding sickness off, and fear to go in the name of Jesus.
Fevers, bone pain, fear of crowds, fear of public speaking. Fear of heights, dangerous traffic situations on a bicycle. Fear of witnessing for Christ on the street.

In that your wearing a WOF icon let's approach this from the Faith angle as opposed to your Command angle. When Hagin's Faith rose to the point that he Believed Mark 11:23-24 for his healing it was his Faith in the Word (WOF) by which he was healed. He wasn’t yet Spirit-filled and yet his Faith led to his healing. Jesus rebuked His disciples more than once for their lack of Faith, and this was before they were Spirit-filled on Shavuot/Pentecost.

Years later Hagin (as a seasoned Believer) tells of once laying in bed about ready to call it a night when he saw a little demon peering over the end of his bed. He says he just laughed at it, turned over and went to sleep.

Deliverance from demonic oppression isn’t included as one of the nine supernatural Gifts. James writes, “Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Did Jesus "Command" satan to leave when satan was attempting to tempt Jesus? Did Michael "Command" satan to leave when when they were disputing over the body of Moses?

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

Maybe, all we need to say is "Go!" (just one word, one syllable)​
30 Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them. 31 The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters.

If saying "I Command You!" helps to bolster your WOF confidence then do what you feel you need to do. It does sound rather impressive.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why is it WOF confidence?
The post on Hagin was a good read and logical.
Most truly gifted people do command in the name of Jesus for unclean Spirits to Go.
A command is expressing authority over such things,would we be polite to a devil and say excuse me devil after your ravishing is done would you please leave?
You missed Hagins teaching on believers authority and the example of the police officer saying stop to a car and it stops not because he is physically able to stop the car but he has the authority.
So does the officer command you to stop or ask you to stop.
A officer with a whistle and a raised hand I consider him commanding me to stop.
There are no negotiations with the devil.
If you told him to go he might just go into your spouse or dog then look at the mess you would have.
Legion requested to be cast into the swine Christ by saying Go allowed them to do that.
Opinion only but Christ could have sent them to a much worse place this is why they instantly left.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Years later Hagin (as a seasoned Believer) tells of once laying in bed about ready to call it a night when he saw a little demon peering over the end of his bed. He says he just laughed at it, turned over and went to sleep.

Deliverance from demonic oppression isn’t included as one of the nine supernatural Gifts. James writes, “Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Did Jesus "Command" satan to leave when satan was attempting to tempt Jesus? Did Michael "Command" satan to leave when when they were disputing over the body of Moses?

Great point! Jesus didn't need to be delivered from Satan or have a demon cast out of
Him.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Great point! Jesus didn't need to be delivered from Satan or have a demon cast out of Him.

Jesus overcame with the Word. He (or us) didn't need a manifestation of the gifts as the Spirit wills, He had the authority to present the truth of the Word & Satan knew it well.

I like what June Newman Davis says in "The Shaping of an Apostle". She said to the Lord in prayer that she was becoming too distracted dealing with the enemy's "thoughts" they were interjecting into her mind. He instructed her to start declaring the Word of God which has power in it. He'd run off after he understood what was being established on the earth through agreeing with and speaking the Word. She said that dramatically decreased the amount of time dealing with the enemy.

She also was led to put together a scripture notebook for her own personal "RX" or shield of faith. She would gather basic truths from the Word and declare them over herself and life, home, and family.

The Lord led her to put together a book "Scripture Keys for Kingdom Living" that have promises from the Word of God for the believer to stand on. It's very anointed.

The weapons that aren't carnal include the Word of truth and it's not empty confessions in the mouth of a believer (one who is believing). Very much like Charles Capps "Gospills", you really begin to sense a release of power that is in the Word itself. As you speak them forth each day, there is a further release.

I came across one prophesy and in it the Lord said that the enemy has held many believers "dumb" with their mouths shut, when they have a sword they could use to turn things around. The whole point of grace, is that it's not your might that overcomes. You declare it as a child and then you receive the kingdom reality 'loosed' over your situation.

Without getting into a discussion over splitting hairs over what is yours and what isn't, if you stick with the basic promises of God, you'll find that all of your needs are provided for (everything that pertains to life & godliness if you need a clue).

Just like pleading the Blood of Christ over your life, praying in the Spirit, etc., once you really get a good revelation (or reminder) of the power in the Word of God declared, life really starts to be different! The enemy rises up at every turn and tries to dissuade you with some bad example (i.e., tongues), but if you just let that roll off you like a duck's back, you can enter in and partake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AbbaLove

The following scripture suggests that some deliverances not only require mountain-moving faith, but prayer and fasting. Norvel Hayes tells of once sitting in a padded cell with a demonized woman. It was only after praying for several hours that the demon finally left her. She was completely set free and miraculously restored.

Matthew 17:18-21
And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, &#8220;Why could we not cast it out?&#8221; So Jesus said to them, &#8220;Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, &#8216;Move from here to there,&#8217; and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.&#8221;

The following scripture implies that some miracles and deliverances depend to some extent on a person's degree of anointing and impartation of the supernatural Gifts (1 Cor. 12:7-11).

Acts 19:11-15
Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them. Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, &#8220;We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.&#8221; Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, &#8220;Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?&#8221;

Derek Prince has one of the most amazing testimonies of a severely deranged demon possessed woman in a padded cell that was so miraculously delivered and healed that it was instrumental in the first major revival in the Philippines. This Youtube by Derek Prince is about Christians being demonized. What's your take on the last minute (5:30 to 6:30).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUM_OUPTrl0

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This Youtube by Derek Prince is about Christians being demonized. What's your take on the last minute (5:30 to 6:30).

[/SIZE][/FONT]

The demons all knew Jesus.
Are we up to the standard of Jesus?
Demons can be comfortable in many churches.

Righteous living in his context is upstanding living. While I understand righteous living as trusting in the finished work of Christ and walking in that new life by faith.

Our wrestle is not against flesh and blood but against the spirit forces. Eph 6:12

So yes I definitely accept the fact of spiritual opposition (demons) in the church as well as in society.

There are Christians with wrong attitudes and there are tares and wolves as well in church.
Bad attitude = just not prayed up and living in forgiveness.
Tares = non believers
Wolves = people that are set out to destroy the lives of people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Do you believe a born again Pentecostal / Charismatic Christian can be "demonized"? Derek Prince first talks about his deliverance from a dangerous form of bladder cancer inflicted by a demon (1:25-3:20) ...

I was sitting in a chair and he was sitting beside me and put his hand on my shoulder. And it was like, I can only say it was like cats fighting within my chest. I have never experienced such intense conflict within me. And I let out a long prolonged, sustained roar. Not just a shout a roar. And at that moment I knew I had been delivered from a demon of cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUeDuPtrz4

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Acts 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him."

This verse shows sickness has a spiritual connection.

You don't have to get caught up in what exactly is the problem. Sickness can be commanded off, in Jesus name.

Acts 3:6

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Acts 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him."

This verse shows sickness has a spiritual connection.

You don't have to get caught up in what exactly is the problem. Sickness can be commanded off, in Jesus name.

Acts 3:6

Have you ever commanded a demon to depart/leave a born again demonized Christian?

It sounds like you have had some good results commanding (with prayer) a demon to leave a demonized person that has been inflicted with a disease, illness, addiction, bad habit, or some malady and was completely set free.

Have you come to the conclusion that when you say, "I command you ..." that the demon almost immediately leaves; whereas, before it might have taken you longer to see a person delivered from demonic activity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't command demons, I command sickness. I have had measured success. Much better with my own family then with others.

It is not really the prayer or command but the believing faith that is important. My experience is it happens faster with commands. Yet I have had trouble in my belief and others have ridiculed and laughed at me. But I don't look to myself, I look to Jesus and His Word.

There have been times when I have said, "Be gone Satan" or "Get out of here Satan". Those are times of doubt or confusion or fear.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't command demons, I command sickness. I have had measured success. Much better with my own family then with others.

It is not really the prayer or command but the believing faith that is important. My experience is it happens faster with commands. Yet I have had trouble in my belief and others have ridiculed and laughed at me. But I don't look to myself, I look to Jesus and His Word.

There have been times when I have said, "Be gone Satan" or "Get out of here Satan". Those are times of doubt or confusion or fear.

Ephesians: 3. 14. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15. Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Have you ever commanded a demon to depart/leave a born again demonized Christian?

It sounds like you have had some good results commanding (with prayer) a demon to leave a demonized person that has been inflicted with a disease, illness, addiction, bad habit, or some malady and was completely set free.

Have you come to the conclusion that when you say, "I command you ..." that the demon almost immediately leaves; whereas, before it might have taken you longer to see a person delivered from demonic activity.

I know this question was for Scott,pardon the intrusion.

A born again Christian cannot be possessed only oppressed.
We are a new creature in Christ,we become the sons of God due to the dwelling of the Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians: 4. 6. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 8. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9. Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10. Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

Sickness and affliction are not always from demonic attack.
Sickness and affliction were the consequences of sin and the curses that sin brought under the law.
We live in a sin cursed earth but have been redeemed from the curse of the law.

Galatians: 3. 1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4. Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6. Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. 10. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14. That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Healing is a spiritual right by faith,when affliction attacks us we have spiritual authority to deny its right to our bodies,our healing has already been done Christ took on the burden of
The curse in the atonement of our sin.

Upvote 0