Not open for further replies.

newleaf

Nov 25, 2006
✟7,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Non Denominational is best, because Christians who are denominational, basically believe what they're taught, because of their church's doctrine, whereas nons will usually tell you what they believe, and give an explaination as to why they believe it.

I'll tell you why I believe something. I won't merely say it's because of my church's doctrine.

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think being non-denom is best because often times people are born into a certain ideology, and thats all the know, and they don't ask questions, and their way is the "right" way. I used to be a free will baptist, but I am now non denom, as there are some things I don't agree with that the FWBs believe in. Also, denominations only lead to division of the church. We want unity of the Church, don't we?

Upvote 0

Silliness

Feb 17, 2007
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yeah, i'm non-denominational, but i really despise the whole idea of this thread to be honest. there isn't a "best" system with God. i really think this is one of the attitudes that causes the most division in the church overall...it's prideful, it's holier-than-thou, and it doesn't set the best example for non-believers....

Upvote 0

DaughterofZion63

Feb 1, 2007
Visit site
✟15,467.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
yeah, i'm non-denominational, but i really despise the whole idea of this thread to be honest. there isn't a "best" system with God. i really think this is one of the attitudes that causes the most division in the church overall...it's prideful, it's holier-than-thou, and it doesn't set the best example for non-believers....

I agree. I think it is important for us to remember that it is more about a relationship with Christ rather than a denomination (and non-denominational is still a sort of denomination). Of course it is important to attend church and associate with fellow believers, but when it comes down to it, we are all Christians. No one is better or worse. If we live for Christ and focus on a relationship with Him above all, then we are on the right path. I wish we could all have one denomination and worship The Lord for His wonders together.

Upvote 0

spiersdodgerblue

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2007
✟18,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[/q
And this from my 15yr old sister. Very bold and very wise. I could not agree with you more.

Thank you for stepping out.
:amen: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excellent post, and I agree. I think that is the problem that Christians, as a whole, are facing today, and why we aren't as effective as we could be. We are too busy arguing over our differences instead of looking to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
SecretofFatima brings up good points! I too would be careful. It's nice you can say why you believe something because you believe it and not because of that is what your church says. Don't leave yourself unchecked because that can lead to such destruction, just take it from me because I have been there.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SecretofFatima brings up good points! I too would be careful. It's nice you can say why you believe something because you believe it and not because of that is what your church says. Don't leave yourself unchecked because that can lead to such destruction, just take it from me because I have been there.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are a lot of truths out there that our founding church theologians gave us, but the church branched off from other believers, divided and EVOLVED into something else intirely different in most cases. Most people probably don't even now who started the denomination and what they believed.

I can't say that I agree with any denomination really, since they are all so LACKING. (Some teachers I don't think had anything good to say, but I won't name them.)

If you were to look in revelations at the rebukes they recieved then, man, the church today doesn't even compare to how bad it has become (although God has saved it from complete desolation). I'd call the church, the church of the pharasees. Impure, powerless, and self-righteous while pointing fingers, DIVIDED. And where is the LOVE? Never mind. I believe God is working on us. (Please don't say catholics are any better, just let me shoot myself in the head first)

Romans 10
3Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

Romans 9
30What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. 32Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." 33As it is written:
"See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[m]

Being born again means that you have recieved a new spirit, a clean heart, and a righteousness from God that is not your own.

it comes by faith.

Upvote 0

godzprincess

Feb 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟15,254.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm happy to be non-denomiational, due to the fact that all my teachings come from the bible and techers who tech from the bible.
I don't go to church I am part of the church.

The church is not a building, it is a body of belivers.

Upvote 0

Christian_Babe234

I'm just me
Mar 14, 2006
I could be anywhere
✟22,496.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm non-denominational because it's what I was taught to be. Even though my mom comes from an Assembly of God background and my dad from a Full Gosple background we are all non-denominational. I have certian beliefs of my own though. Which are the ways I see the world from I have learned out the Bible. I'm not tryin to sound religious. Sorry if I am. That is just 1 thing I don't like is when people act all religious. Makes me sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christian_Babe234

I'm just me
Mar 14, 2006
I could be anywhere
✟22,496.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm happy to be non-denomiational, due to the fact that all my teachings come from the bible and techers who tech from the bible.
I don't go to church I am part of the church.

The church is not a building, it is a body of belivers.

[pong] :amen::amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: [/pong]

Upvote 0

JoeV

Gloria in excelsis Deo!
Jan 28, 2007
✟8,485.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not tryin to sound religious. Sorry if I am. That is just 1 thing I don't like is when people act all religious. Makes me sad.
What do you mean by this?

I'm non-denominational because, well, the Bible doesn't seem to support any particular denomination besides Catholicism ("And I say to you Simon son of Jonah that you are a rock..."). And Catholicism just doesn't seem right to me. Something must have gone wrong...

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I dont believe there is a "best" church to attend.

If we, as Christians, are the Body of Christ, and being led by His Spirit, we should always be able to base our belief on Gods Word, regardless of Denomination.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's a saying that some of you may have heard before.

"If you find the perfect church, don't join it, you'll just ruin it."

The truth is that none of us are perfect, and each church and denomination is made up of other imperfect beings. If you look, you will always find things wrong with every denomination and church. We will have disagreements over interpretations of Scripture, disagreements over religious traditions, disagreements over any sort of thing we want to disagree on.

We shouldn't be out there trying to find everything wrong with the church. We shouldn't be out there looking to disagree, or looking for reasons to divide. That is what the enemy wants us to do. Are we going to continue to listen to the enemy, or are we going to put our focus where it belongs, on God and His Word?

The church plays a vital role in our lives, and we are commanded in the Word to not forsake the assembling of ourselves. Whether we choose a denomination or not, it doesn't matter, as long as we are following the leading of the Lord and His Spirit. And when we do find our church to call "home" we should not go out claiming that we are better than any other, because, again, every church is made up of imperfect beings, including ours.

1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't believe there is any easy way of doing church coming together as believers.....but we should seek to do it.....difficult and challenging at times because wherever you have relationships with humans you can have problems.....the Commandment of Jesus however to love one another should however keep us stablizied, and seeking to work together in without totally falling apart being independent......Non denominational type churches? Ive been to various types and sorts as well as denonminational ones, and you know I see pro's and cons of each way. Denonminatonal churches can tend to become too regimented, with maybe too much power in the hands of a national headquaters who might tell a local body what they're always to do.....but then a problem with non denominational churches I found is they can have a tendency to build around a man, or a family.

Not maybe true in all cases but I think many times they become or have the tendency to become a family kingdom thing.....Pastor gets old and steps down or he dies, and the son takes over the work......not saying that this isn't maybe the will of God all the time but as much as we see it? I kind of wonder if it is. I ask would not say certain men in a congregation younger then the elderly pastor but older then his son be more spiritually equipped with experience and wisdom to lead the flock of God? Denonminational churches on the other hand for the most part have new preachers try out for the church and are voted in. Whether one believes in voting or not we'll set that aside but like I say with the non denonminational method I do find they do become much like a family kingdom thing. At least in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.