Why no white history month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
This isn't so - all people have a culture, including whites. The thing is however that different groups of Caucasians obviously have different cultures. The Italians have very different festivals, mannerisms and attitudes compared to the British for example.

This is why it's probably better to learn history through country rather than race. Greek culture is certainly a 'white culture', but it does not represent the culture of all white people.

Please tell us how you are defining culture. According to the dictionary there are 160 definitions, there is no single definition which is why there may be some confusion here. Perhaps some users think culture is different to what others think it is.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
I should have asked this earlier -

TalkAboutScience: Would you be happier if "Black History" month was changed to "African History" month? It would tone down the racial angle.

No the Black History title should stay but it should only be taught in Sub-Sahara Africa and secondly whites should be entitled to a white history month. Black History shouldn't be taught in white countries. Do they teach white history month in Congo or Sudan?

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
Exactly what I was saying earlier, but apparently our white supremacist friends here aren't happy with European History Month, or months specific to each country. No, they want a "White" history month.

If blacks are entitled a ''black history month'' why can't whites have a ''white history month''?

Why do you never answer this simple question.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
The Miss Black America pageant was created in 1968 as a protest of the Miss America Pageant, which did not allow non-whites to participate. So we've already had the Miss White America pageant. I'm sure it's a blow that non-whites invaded it.

Wrong for the simple reason a White Miss America Pageant by name has never existed. Once again blacks are entitled to something whites are not allowed and then we have some strange people in this thread claiming somehow that blacks are opressed.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
TalkaboutScience said:
Please tell us how you are defining culture. According to the dictionary there are 160 definitions, there is no single definition which is why there may be some confusion here. Perhaps some users think culture is different to what others think it is.

Culture is pretty hard to define, but it's usually thought of as either "a certain stage in civilisation" or "group behaviour which is shared and learned, rather than genetic".

For example: Italian men are more openly affectionate with each other than British men; you see them kissing one another on the cheek (try that with a Brit and you'll probably get a punch in the nose!). Italians have a tomato festival, which British people don't. Most British christians are church of England while most Italian christians are Roman Catholic.

Both of them are "white cultures" in that they originated and are practiced mostly by Caucasians. They are however very different, for a multitude of reasons. There's no one, single white culture. There are many.

---------------------------
TalkAboutScience said:
No the Black History title should stay but it should only be taught in Sub-Sahara Africa and secondly whites should be entitled to a white history month. Black History shouldn't be taught in white countries. Do they teach white history month in Congo or Sudan?
Why should it be limited to sub-Sahara Africa?
I suspect I know your answer already but I'd like to see if my cynicism is justified.

Upvote 0

Archer93

Nov 20, 2007
✟17,101.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Re-read the OP. It is currently Black History Month in UK.

The Black History Month is being forced down the throats of everyone, and has been embedded in the curriculum. You don't have the opportunity to miss it if you are in school, its something they have forced into every lesson (for the month).

The purpose of this thread is to show the inequality.

When can whites have a white history month?

You are not a student at a British university
In the UK, we do not use the term 'in school' to refer to attending a course of study at a university or at any form of higher education.
It's an American phrase.
You are a liar.
Demonstrate otherwise, please. Or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Which countries are the "white countries?"

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Wrong for the simple reason a White Miss America Pageant by name has never existed. Once again blacks are entitled to something whites are not allowed and then we have some strange people in this thread claiming somehow that blacks are opressed.

So, let me get this straight: The problem with the Miss America pageant up until 1968, while the rules stated that non-whites were not allowed to participate, was that it wasn't explicitly called "Miss White America?"

Fascinating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
So, let me get this straight: The problem with the Miss America pageant up until 1968, while the rules stated that non-whites were not allowed to participate, was that it wasn't explicitly called "Miss White America?"

Fascinating.

Feel free to answer the OP question (reposted 1 page back) -

If blacks are entitled a ''black history month'' why can't whites have a ''white history month''?

If we live in an 'equal' society, why are blacks allowed a history month when white people can't celebrate their racial heritage?

People have derailed this thread and never answered.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
Which countries are the "white countries?"

A map was posted a few pages back. However most those areas have changed demographically and so today people only see Europe as white (while i don't agree with this as i selfstudy a lot of history & anthropology) let's just agree - Europe

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Feel free to answer the OP question (reposted 1 page back) -

If we live in an 'equal' society, why are blacks allowed a history month when white people can't celebrate their racial heritage?

People have derailed this thread and never answered.

Well, I'm going to go with this: Miss Black America was created because non-white women were not entitled to participate in the all-white Miss America pageant. So they started their own.

Are white women currently allowed to participate in the Miss America Pageant? If so, I would say that Miss White America is now unnecessary. I would agree that Miss Black America is now unnecessary.

I have said, I have no problem with White History Month per se, I just don't understand it. What would we learn in "White History Month" that would not otherwise be taught in "History?"

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm going to go with this: Miss Black America was created because non-white women were not entitled to participate in the all-white Miss America pageant. So they started their own.

Are white women currently allowed to participate in the Miss America Pageant? If so, I would say that Miss White America is now unnecessary. I would agree that Miss Black America is now unnecessary.

I have said, I have no problem with White History Month per se, I just don't understand it. What would we learn in "White History Month" that would not otherwise be taught in "History?"

We would learn whatever they threw out because they have to talk about a womanizing black civil rights leader and a black guy who invented a bunch of things with peanuts. I'm sure they were teaching something different before that stuff was shoved into the curriculum. Maybe they could teach about the dangers of communism or they could have a nuclear war drill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
Why should it be limited to sub-Sahara Africa?
I suspect I know your answer already but I'd like to see if my cynicism is justified.

Basically - why do schools across Europe have to take a ''black history month'' when schools across sub-sahara africa don't teach a ''white history month''? Where are the white history months in Congo or Sudan?

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
TalkAboutScience said:
Basically - why do schools across Europe have to take a ''black history month'' when schools across sub-sahara africa don't teach a ''white history month''? Where are the white history months in Congo or Sudan?
And? That's no reason why only sub-Saharn African should be studied. I'm pretty sure they don't teach White History month in Egypt either.

-----------------------

TheWaris1 said:
Many people just haven't realized that our countries have been taken over by people that look white and yet hate us White people. Esau still hates Jacob and is trying to take back his inheritance.
AutumnLeaf said:
We would learn whatever they threw out because they have to talk about a womanizing black civil rights leader and a black guy who invented a bunch of things with peanuts.

TalkAboutScience: Remember when I wrote that you should meet a user called Research1? Well here are some other new friends for you.

BTW TheWarIs1, didn't you once say you were married to a native American?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
1-5.jpg

Where is this map taken from?

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
✟362.00
Faith
Deist
We would learn whatever they threw out because they have to talk about a womanizing black civil rights leader and a black guy who invented a bunch of things with peanuts. I'm sure they were teaching something different before that stuff was shoved into the curriculum. Maybe they could teach about the dangers of communism or they could have a nuclear war drill.

Peanut butter was invented by the Aztecs and was across Mexico for hundreds of years. The idea a black guy invented it has been debunked, there is a website which lists all these black lies called ''black invention myths''.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.