Why many will not vote Democratic

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Contrast that, if you will, with what happens whenever some liberals make hateful accusations against the President or Republicans or Conservatives in general, calling them White Supremacists, racists, and the like.
We know. Donald has a press conference and calls the White Supremacists very fine people.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this really a reason why people don’t vote Democrat?
I can imagine that people who fall for the kind of stuff the RNC and Fox News are selling will use this and other excuses for not voting for Democratic candidates. But really, if they weren't fed this excuse they'd be fed another.

These threads are strange to me. I mean, do the people posting them not realize that the general public don't find far-right talking points all that convincing. Is it a case of being stuck in the echo chamber, is it preaching to the converted, is it a hope to sway a few more unmotivated voters into coming out? Because as we saw in the last election, they're certainly not great at turning people away from actually voting for Democrats.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do you feel about the congresswoman who publicly called the President a (word that will get me banned)?

Personally, I'm not a fan of anyone copying Donald's behavior.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I pick my jaw up from the floor I have to reply that someone seems not to have followed the actual calls to action that have gone out.

Here is some information that can help anyone catch up on the facts of the matter.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._to_condemn_antifa_their_own_brownshirts.html

Scalise Blames Dems for Threats, Violence Against Republicans

https://100percentfedup.com/six-pro...violence-americans-dont-agree-politics-video/
You now support your implausible claim with a series of links. I do not have the time to read them all but the first thing I read on one of the links was that Tim Kaine encouraged people to "fight them in the streets". In context, of course, he was clearly NOT encouraging violence:

On MSNBC in January, Kaine discussed how Democrats could capitalize on an energized base in order to successfully resist the Trump administration. He referred to healthcare rallies, the Women’s March and travel ban protests as early sources of momentum. Kaine suggested building on the “fight in the streets,” a phrase Infowars claims is a call to violence.

“What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box,” Kaine said. “And now there’s the momentum to be able to do this.”

Arguing a literal interpretation rather than a figurative one, “fighting” would mean that Kaine also advocated violence in the halls of Congress, the courts and elsewhere.

Enough with the distortions of truth please - this is a Christian forum!

Now then: If you can actually find a direct quote, in context, that shows a prominent Democrat supporting the use of violence, by all means post it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know. Donald has a press conference and calls the White Supremacists very fine people.
More than that, he still has Stephen Miller as his senior advisor

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You now support your implausible claim with a series of links. I do not have the time to read them all but the first thing I read on one of the links was that Tim Kaine encouraged people to "fight them in the streets". In context, of course, he was clearly NOT encouraging violence:.
I understand. There is NO amount of evidence that can persuade a person who doesn't want to hear of it.

However, it isn't very persuasive to reply that one doesn't have time to follow up on his own allegation...or that one of many pieces of evidence might be interpreted several different ways!

Incidentally, I am always amused--yes, really--when the president makes some off the cuff comment that is like those we all make in ordinary, everyday conversation, and then a chorus of his detractors immediately paraphrase what he said and claim that only their interpretation of his words is what counts. Not surprisingly, the standards are reversed when the shoe is on the other foot.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I can imagine that people who fall for the kind of stuff the RNC and Fox News are selling will use this and other excuses for not voting for Democratic candidates. But really, if they weren't fed this excuse they'd be fed another.

These threads are strange to me. I mean, do the people posting them not realize that the general public don't find far-right talking points all that convincing. Is it a case of being stuck in the echo chamber, is it preaching to the converted, is it a hope to sway a few more unmotivated voters into coming out? Because as we saw in the last election, they're certainly not great at turning people away from actually voting for Democrats.

It’s like Christian apologetics or medicine. If you are sick/faith weak/wavering on voting Republican the right medicine/apologetic/talking point can be effective in bringing you back. If you are already dead/not Christian/not Republican no amount in the world will work. These aren’t meant to convince the Left. They are meant to convince the Right.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I cannot link the video because of the amount of filthy language they use but you can search

ANTIFA ASSAULTS PEOPLE LEAVING TRUMP RALLY AND HARASSES POLICE

The radical left is vulgar, violent and racist in actions to people who disagree with them. it is one thing to protest a political rally, it is another thing to chase down and verbally and physically assault the attendees.
I think both Democrats and Republicans have radical people on both sides. The only time I hear about Antifa, is on here. But I really don't watch the news much.

Upvote 0

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gladly. But first I'm going to need you to define exactly what constitutes "open borders" in your view.

Given that most of the Dem candidates have openly expressed desire to decriminalize illegal entry into the country, and some even want to abolish the agencies in charge of enforcing said immigration laws they want to abolish, I'm curious how you could say that ISN'T a prescription for open borders.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Gladly. But first I'm going to need you to define exactly what constitutes "open borders" in your view.

Given that most of the Dem candidates have openly expressed desire to decriminalize illegal entry into the country, and some even want to abolish the agencies in charge of enforcing said immigration laws they want to abolish, I'm curious how you could say that ISN'T a prescription for open borders.
Illegal status is already decriminalized for those who enter the country on a visa and then overstay it (up to half of all illegals in the country). It makes it easier to deport them if you can catch them. But Immigration and Customs Enforcement can't seem to catch them. ICE is brutal and incompetent and should be abolished. It was only founded in 2002, anyway.

If Democrats really wanted "open borders" they would want to abolish the Border Patrol--which has the actual duty of guarding the border--instead of wanting to give them Donald's "wall" money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a cleaning. Please note that this thread is NOT about abortion. Goads and off topic posts will be deleted.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand. There is NO amount of evidence that can persuade a person who doesn't want to hear of it.
It appear that my post challenging you on this was deleted. I will repeat: You almost certainly have no actual evidence to support your claim that prominent democrats support violent tactics on the part of Antifa.

But, please, prove me wrong - provide an actual statement, with context, to support your claim.

Upvote 0