Why Is Mr Obama In The President's Office?

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟34,779.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
President Obama is in place because God put him there. (Romans 13)

We are to respect all authority, pray for those in authority, obey those in authority, unless they tell us to deny God.

Where do you read in scripture where the apostles spoke against the governing authority, or faught against? They only disobeyed when told not to evangelize.

Christians today who do such a thing against President Obama are in sin.

I forgot, if that is the verse which says that God puts men in power and removes them from power, sometimes He gives us what we ask for and sometimes He gives us what we deserve. In the OT there were many kings described and many were said to have "done evil in the sight of the Lord". It doesn't mean that since God appoints them that they are all good.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Obama is in place because God put him there. (Romans 13)

We are to respect all authority, pray for those in authority, obey those in authority, unless they tell us to deny God.

Where do you read in scripture where the apostles spoke against the governing authority, or faught against? They only disobeyed when told not to evangelize.

Christians today who do such a thing against President Obama are in sin.

Maybe you are the one missing the point. I am a law abiding citizen and I obey God and that's what the word "subject" means. And that is all it means. Now when any authority tells me to do something that is against God's Word, then I will refuse to obey because God is the higher Authority.

And I pray constantly for this nation to repent and plead with God to remove this scourge in the White house from us. For he is a scourge and he lashes out at everything that we cherish to steal it from us. I liken him to Pharaoh and only hope and pray that God delivers us and doesn't replace him with something worse.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I forgot, if that is the verse which says that God puts men in power and removes them from power, sometimes He gives us what we ask for and sometimes He gives us what we deserve. In the OT there were many kings described and many were said to have "done evil in the sight of the Lord". It doesn't mean that since God appoints them that they are all good.

Psalms 75:7 AMP
7 But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another.

But thank God we have this promise also:

Psalms 75:10 AMP
10 All the horns of the ungodly also will I cut off [says the Lord], but the horns of the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be exalted.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Does your Bible include, "Thou shalt not kill"? Pulling little body parts off of an infant while it is alive and able to feel pain is more cruel than Muslims beheading people. Obama is all in favor of it. And if older babies who survive failed abortions are born alive, he wants them killed.
Your republican presidents did not stop abortion - therefore they must have also been in favor of abortion.

BTW, discussion of abortion is against the rules of this particular forum.

http://www.christianforums.com/rules/#faq_rule_0

Abortion may only be discussed in the Ethics & Morality forum, the Christian Philosophy and Ethics forum, and the Congregation and Recovery categories within the limits of the rules for those areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrLuther

In the Lord I'll be ever thankful
Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A two month old fetus cannot feel pain.

Your republican presidents did not stop abortion - therefore they must have also been in favor of abortion.

BTW, discussion of abortion is against the rules of this particular forum.

There is, though, a difference between being against something but not being able to do anything about it, and supporting something wholeheartedly.
Also: Weren't they YOUR republican presidents too?

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There is, though, a difference between being against something but not being able to do anything about it, and supporting something wholeheartedly.
Also: Weren't they YOUR republican presidents too?
I didn't vote for them, so no, I didn't feel that they represented me. That said, I never had the kind of nervous breakdown some people seem to be having about the current president.

Upvote 0

louise sheinholtz

May 23, 2013
✟601.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
I'm not the one who voted for "fundamental change". I liked my country the way it was. And it's not "everybody else". The reason why he won this time is first, because the election was unfair. But no one is saying a word because he is African American and they'll be called racists. The second reason is because 60% of Evangelicals voted for Obama, against Scripture which states, "Thou shalt not kill" and they voted for a man who is in favor of infanticide. But mostly, the election was a done deal before it even happened. I was almost cheated. If I hadn't paid attention, my ballot would have been blank for the president because my vote disappeared while I was voting for minor offices. Who knows what would have happened if I'd printed it without looking. It might have changed to Obama, Biden. When I reported it, the person was real nonchalant about it and said, "Oh, just vote again." There could have been something wrong with that machine, but they didn't care. There is a computer program, everyone. Hello. I understand that the computer was only used in early voting? Not sure about that. But I might as well stay home in the future because it is not up to us who the president will be. I will state for the third time: Whole counties had not one vote for Romney. That is an impossibility. Even tv anchors were questioning the possibility of fraud on election night but because they didn't want to be called racists, nothing more was said.

I love my country but I don't like what it has become, especially since the people voted for that man. He is in favor of infanticide and that is evil. This country will be punished for it's immorality and it's celebration of immorality. One of these days we will all be given the opportunity to sit down and reflect on what we once had, just like civilizations before us. We think we are better, more civilized, more educated. God is no respecter of persons. We will get the same. Maybe it will be massive natural disasters which destroy us or it may just be having to live with the communism many voted for.

You took the words right out of my mouth.. I could not have said it better,
We must have the same teacher and I appreciate hearing my thoughts come from another Christian.. Real Christians are rare. I am not boasting, I just thank God.
It just amazes me to see how God works. He tells us He would put His spirit into his children and He keeps His words. You must have gone through painful stages in this walk of hungering and thirsting to overcome what we needed to go through to attain wisdom and understanding from Christ himself. It is so refreshing.
Thank you
Louise

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not the one who voted for "fundamental change". I liked my country the way it was. And it's not "everybody else". The reason why he won this time is first, because the election was unfair. But no one is saying a word because he is African American and they'll be called racists. The second reason is because 60% of Evangelicals voted for Obama, against Scripture which states, "Thou shalt not kill" and they voted for a man who is in favor of infanticide. But mostly, the election was a done deal before it even happened. I was almost cheated. If I hadn't paid attention, my ballot would have been blank for the president because my vote disappeared while I was voting for minor offices. Who knows what would have happened if I'd printed it without looking. It might have changed to Obama, Biden. When I reported it, the person was real nonchalant about it and said, "Oh, just vote again." There could have been something wrong with that machine, but they didn't care. There is a computer program, everyone. Hello. I understand that the computer was only used in early voting? Not sure about that. But I might as well stay home in the future because it is not up to us who the president will be. I will state for the third time: Whole counties had not one vote for Romney. That is an impossibility. Even tv anchors were questioning the possibility of fraud on election night but because they didn't want to be called racists, nothing more was said.

I love my country but I don't like what it has become, especially since the people voted for that man. He is in favor of infanticide and that is evil. This country will be punished for it's immorality and it's celebration of immorality. One of these days we will all be given the opportunity to sit down and reflect on what we once had, just like civilizations before us. We think we are better, more civilized, more educated. God is no respecter of persons. We will get the same. Maybe it will be massive natural disasters which destroy us or it may just be having to live with the communism many voted for.

That's what I fear. That we will have to live with this horrible stuff until Jesus returns. That irreparable damage has been done to our nation. Not just by Obama but several of the previous presidents including both Bush's.

If Obama and Kerry succeed in convincing Netanyahu to agree to divide Israel we are in a sinking ship.

Upvote 0

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I didn't vote for them, so no, I didn't feel that they represented me. That said, I never had the kind of nervous breakdown some people seem to be having about the current president.

So, you also don't have a problem when someone says "Obama isn't MY president!!", right?

Both positions are nonsense. The majority of the American people elect a president. That president is then the president of the United States, so for someone to say that the president isn't "their president", is to denounce being an American. Is partisanship THAT important to you?

Bush was your president, just as Obama is the president now.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So, you also don't have a problem when someone says "Obama isn't MY president!!", right?

Both positions are nonsense. The majority of the American people elect a president. That president is then the president of the United States, so for someone to say that the president isn't "their president", is to denounce being an American. Is partisanship THAT important to you?

Bush was your president, just as Obama is the president now.
No IDC if people say "Obama isn't my president." It's the hysteria that makes me roll my eyes SO hard. The end of the world is night. OH MY OH MY.

LOL. So I'm not an American if I say that the president isn't my president? That's silly. IMO, he was not my president and did not represent me, and I'm offended by many things he did in the name of this country. I hope he's ready to explain it all to God one day because he will have his reckoning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No IDC if people say "Obama isn't my president." It's the hysteria that makes me roll my eyes SO hard. The end of the world is night. OH MY OH MY.

LOL. So I'm not an American if I say that the president isn't my president? That's silly. IMO, he was not my president and did not represent me, and I'm offended by many things he did in the name of this country. I hope he's ready to explain it all to God one day because he will have his reckoning.

Well, saying that Bush wasn't "your" president, is the same as saying that you aren't American, because Bush was president of the US. Therefore, he was the president of Americans, and represented Americans to the world.
Same as Obama does now.

Don't be so obsessed with others' reckoning. Be more concerned with your own.
Once we start to say: "I bet he's gonna be in trouble", we often forget to look at our own list. And though your list of transgressions (and mine, I'm not singling you out) is going to be different than Bush's in some places, the difference in length is, in the larger scale, minute.

The point: We're all screwed.
Or at least, we WOULD all be screwed, if it hadn't been for Calvary.
Since Bush is also a Christian, like you and I, the words of Rom 8,1 apply.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, saying that Bush wasn't "your" president, is the same as saying that you aren't American, because Bush was president of the US. Therefore, he was the president of Americans, and represented Americans to the world.
Same as Obama does now.
You can believe what you want to believe, but he didn't represent me.

Upvote 0

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You can believe what you want to believe, but he didn't represent me.

Well, yes, he did. Just as Obama represents Americans now, regardless of whether or not they voted for him, or supported him.
Or, what, you think that you, as a private citizen, can represent yourself on the world stage because the leader that the majority chose isn't to your liking?
A head of state represents all citizens in the country of which he/she is head. That's the very point of the institution!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You just don't get it, do you?
You don't recognize truth when you see it, do you?
God has closed your ears to truth and wisdom is far from you.

Ask God to cleanse your vessel from the bottom, not just skim the surface of your intellectual understanding that is void of spiritual understanding.
Wake up and know what it is to be a Christian.

Observe, y'all, what happens when that type is cornered because their ramblings have been revealed for what they are: Nonsensical.
They then begin with personal jabs to draw attention away from their failure, and attempt intimidation. Sometimes physical, but in this case spiritual. The goal is the same: To get those who DARE disagree with their claims of imminent abuction to alien zoos, to surrender and say "Oh, yeah, of course, you're right, I see it now!".

And when that doesn't happen, they get even more obsessed with how right they are, even though they haven't given any...single...reason for why anyone should believe them.

Repeat ad infinitum.

It's really quite entertaining :D

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, yes, he did. Just as Obama represents Americans now, regardless of whether or not they voted for him, or supported him.
Or, what, you think that you, as a private citizen, can represent yourself on the world stage because the leader that the majority chose isn't to your liking?
A head of state represents all citizens in the country of which he/she is head. That's the very point of the institution!
I don't know why you think you have to force me to agree with you. I don't. Period.

Upvote 0

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why you think you have to force me to agree with you. I don't. Period.

I neither can or will "force" you to do anything.
I will, however, attempt to make you see that even though you do not agree with a politician who is elected head of state, he or she still represents you, because he or she represents EVERY. SINGLE. CITIZEN of the country he/she is elected to head.

In a representative democracy, the people is represented by politicians, the "highest" of which is the President/Prime Minister, who represents the entire nation.

I honestly cannot see what the problem is here.
Let's take the claim: "Bush wasn't my president! He didn't represent me!" and deconstruct it.

Now, we know one relevant fact here: George Walker Bush was elected POTUS. That means that he WAS President of the US.
Now, as for your statements "He wasn't my president", and "he didn't represent me":
Since we have established that Bush was POTUS, and this cannot be changed, we now need to put your statements into this context.

Someone who isn't American can easily say: "Bush isn't my president", because, sure enough, Bush wasn't Prime Minister of Canada, or President of Mexico, etc. An inhabitant of either of those two countries would not be under American authority, and therefore not be represented by Bush.

However!
An American cannot say: "Bush isn't my president!", because in saying so, he or she is saying one of two things, both obviously false:
1: Bush is not POTUS (which he indeed is/was)
or
2: I am not American. (which the speaker indeed is/was. This, however, can change, if the speaker gives up US citizenship. In that case, the statement becomes true)

Since both claims are erroneous, the only conclusion left, is that Bush WAS, indeed, the representative of every single US citizen.

Upvote 0

MrLuther

Oct 2, 2013
✟16,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am an American and Bush wasn't my president. :) See how easy that was.

So, you deny that Bush was POTUS? Are you just trolling me now?
Look, I'm not asking you to say that you supported his decisions! I'm asking you to employ normal, everyday, logic!

Upvote 0